Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:39 pm
coogles wrote:HR monitors, chest vs arm vs watch, what say ye?
The chest is more accurate for dynamic efforts (short intervals, MTB), the watch is a little slower to react but is otherwise plenty accurate for regular road/gravel riding or running. I only use the chest strap on the trainer anymore, the watch is fine outside.

Dunno anything about the arm bands.
Thanks. I'll probably give the chest strap a shot, I'll definitely be doing plenty of interval work.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:59 pm Lack of sleep will absolutely make your body hold on to fat even as you drop weight. You’ll have super high cortisol levels and catabolize muscle instead of fat to lose weight in your calorie deficit.

Have you ever tried any anxiety meds, Troy?
:dat:

Ask me how I know. :rolleyes: Damn twins.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:Lack of sleep will absolutely make your body hold on to fat even as you drop weight. You’ll have super high cortisol levels and catabolize muscle instead of fat to lose weight in your calorie deficit.

Only if you count alcohol. :drunk: :thisisfine:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Alcohol wrecks my sleep, I don't smoke weed much these days, but when I do, I sleep like a baby.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:33 pm
SAWCE wrote:Lack of sleep will absolutely make your body hold on to fat even as you drop weight. You’ll have super high cortisol levels and catabolize muscle instead of fat to lose weight in your calorie deficit.

Only if you count alcohol. :drunk: :thisisfine:
That may be the route to go for you. Less stress throughout the day from lower anxiety and more sleep is a win-win.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:35 pm Alcohol wrecks my sleep, I don't smoke weed much these days, but when I do, I sleep like a baby.
I still need to hit my doctor up for a sleep study and see if I need/qualify for a CPAP. Would suck to strap into a machine every night, but my sleep quality is piss poor and I think fixing that will help me take my bbing to the next level.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:35 pm Alcohol wrecks my sleep, I don't smoke weed much these days, but when I do, I sleep like a baby.
I still need to hit my doctor up for a sleep study and see if I need/qualify for a CPAP. Would suck to strap into a machine every night, but my sleep quality is piss poor and I think fixing that will help me take my bbing to the next level.
My dad has one, he always seems to think that the benefit far outweighs the inconvenience. He was ~300 pounds when he got it though, I think the sleep apnia is much less of an issue now that he is much skinnier.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:46 pm

My dad has one, he always seems to think that the benefit far outweighs the inconvenience. He was ~300 pounds when he got it though, I think the sleep apnia is much less of an issue now that he is much skinnier.
And I’m going the opposite way which is why I think I’ll benefit. Especially in the future.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:33 pm Only if you count alcohol. :drunk: :thisisfine:
That may be the route to go for you. Less stress throughout the day from lower anxiety and more sleep is a win-win.
It could be that simple. I'm afraid to fuck with my brain like that, but at some point it's going to have to be considered.
troyguitar

I just finished setting up the old bike for the new owner and loading it into the car to meet him tomorrow. Holy fuck is that thing heavy. The new one is noticeably lighter even with all of my lights, tools, and full water bottles. :fatty:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:20 pm
SAWCE wrote:
It could be that simple. I'm afraid to fuck with my brain like that, but at some point it's going to have to be considered.
I get that. I was terrified to hop on anti-depressants for the first time when they were prescribed to me. Some of us just need a little help though, and most of these meds have been vetted for safety.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:Image

Looking forward to tomorrow’s gravel jawn.
:truckyeah:

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon for awhile too, probably sticking to the easy roads but it should be 55ish briefly before dark.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:20 pm It could be that simple. I'm afraid to fuck with my brain like that, but at some point it's going to have to be considered.
I get that. I was terrified to hop on anti-depressants for the first time when they were prescribed to me. Some of us just need a little help though, and most of these meds have been vetted for safety.
It's more a question of identity than safety for me. My anxiety/obsession is pretty much who I am for better or worse. Rational or not, I fear becoming normal.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:07 pm Looking forward to tomorrow’s gravel jawn.
:megusta:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:29 pm
SAWCE wrote:
It's more a question of identity than safety for me. My anxiety/obsession is pretty much who I am for better or worse. Rational or not, I fear becoming normal.
Oh yeah, I wasn’t afraid of them being unsafe.. there was just such a stigma around them back then (still is today unfortunately).. “you’ll be a zombie” “you’ll feel numb” blah blah.. I actually didn’t even take them for a few years after my diagnosis and prescription because of all of it.

Yours is different since it’s your identity you’re considering, but hey, if you don’t like who you become on them you can always stop taking them!
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Got a water bottle holder, bottle and a phone mount for my cheap walmart bike I finally went to my moms to bring back to the house a couple weeks ago to try and get my cardio back in some semblance of the word; of course just in time for it to be cold and shitty this weekend. If I can get myself into cycling more, then I'll eventually look into getting a proper bike some time next year, as I've got like 5 good shops within less than 30 minutes from me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:47 pm Got a water bottle holder, bottle and a phone mount for my cheap walmart bike I finally went to my moms to bring back to the house a couple weeks ago to try and get my cardio back in some semblance of the word; of course just in time for it to be cold and shitty this weekend. If I can get myself into cycling more, then I'll eventually look into getting a proper bike some time next year, as I've got like 5 good shops within less than 30 minutes from me.
:nice: Definitely a good call to see how you like it before :troywax: You’ll get a better idea of what you want based on what types of riding you enjoy as well.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:47 pm Got a water bottle holder, bottle and a phone mount for my cheap walmart bike I finally went to my moms to bring back to the house a couple weeks ago to try and get my cardio back in some semblance of the word; of course just in time for it to be cold and shitty this weekend. If I can get myself into cycling more, then I'll eventually look into getting a proper bike some time next year, as I've got like 5 good shops within less than 30 minutes from me.
:nice: Definitely a good call to see how you like it before :troywax: You’ll get a better idea of what you want based on what types of riding you enjoy as well.
Yup. I bourbon this thing before I got married, almost 4 years ago, and have only ridden it twice. Finally got it to the house and gave it a once over; probably should oil the chain, but it’s in good shape since it was stored inside. Just needed the bottle mount, bottle and a mount for the phone for some tracking and I’m gonna give it a spin around the block a few times a week. I’ve got a rough idea of the style of bike I want, but may have to change that if I can get the wife one soon and the kiddo on a starter bike as well.
troyguitar

Motobecane is motobesold. :plac: profit acquisition complete.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:27 am Motobecane is motobesold. :plac: profit acquisition complete.
:waxer:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:56 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 am

Yup. I bourbon this thing before I got married, almost 4 years ago, and have only ridden it twice. Finally got it to the house and gave it a once over; probably should oil the chain, but it’s in good shape since it was stored inside. Just needed the bottle mount, bottle and a mount for the phone for some tracking and I’m gonna give it a spin around the block a few times a week. I’ve got a rough idea of the style of bike I want, but may have to change that if I can get the wife one soon and the kiddo on a starter bike as well.
I like how your device autocorrected "bought" (I assume) to "bourbon". :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:26 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:56 am

What’s worse, that it autocorrected to that, or that I didn’t even notice? :lol:
troyguitar

:disgust: :mahtroy: luck

Do you even fixie, bro?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:48 pm
wap wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:26 pm

What’s worse, that it autocorrected to that, or that I didn’t even notice? :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:39 pm :disgust: :mahtroy: luck

Do you even fixie, bro?
I had all of 4 gears on the ride back. 2 up front, 2 out back. It got me home.
:notbad:

I love that with no gears and 100 ft/mile of climbing you are still faster than me on a flat paved road.