Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:26 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:13 pm

I mean, I love our bacon, but ham is also good and better for :massles:
Just call it ham, it's not bacon IMO.

I do enjoy ham :doe:
Not only is it ham, it is lean AF ham. The marketing genius of calling this product bacon really exceeds George Foreman remarketing the Panini maker.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 am
Melon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:22 pm

Going to clean up the house tomorrow, possibly going to AutoX Sunday.
Are you going to engage in autox or other performance driving with the Beemah?
I skipped out. I am le tired from a busy balls week and cleaning the house all day Saturday.
If I raced it would be in the E30. I did one event in the 328i, and it needs better tires to be competitive.

If I did get good tires, it would do pretty well.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Been stoned for a few hours.. got pizza, wings, and breadsticks on the way.. gonna keep the buzz rolling until I pass out
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:56 pm Been stoned for a few hours.. got pizza, wings, and breadsticks on the way.. gonna keep the buzz rolling until I pass out
:goodtimes: :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:56 pm Been stoned for a few hours.. got pizza, wings, and breadsticks on the way.. gonna keep the buzz rolling until I pass out
:jelly:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:26 pm
Just call it ham, it's not bacon IMO.

I do enjoy ham :doe:
Not only is it ham, it is lean AF ham. The marketing genius of calling this product bacon really exceeds George Foreman remarketing the Panini maker.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wife went too far last night at a friend's house, threw up a few times on the way home and I had to carry her inside the house when we got home. First time that's happened, she's pretty shaken up about it.

One of the biggest hurdles for the cannabis industry is consistent outcomes for consumption.

Other than that, morning dudes!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Last night I watched series 1 episode 4-6 of High Score on Netflix. It was interesting to see the evolution of Sega as competitor to Nintendo, ground up strategy to implementation and the creation of Sonic the Hedgehog which apparently is still really big with kids today. Working with Japanese customers this episode was fun to watch.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 am
Wife went too far last night at a friend's house, threw up a few times on the way home and I had to carry her inside the house when we got home. First time that's happened, she's pretty shaken up about it.

One of the biggest hurdles for the cannabis industry is consistent outcomes for consumption.

:howdy:

That sucks man, I usually avoid edibles because they don't sit well with me. I agree that work needs to be done about making them more consistent.

I usually just puff a little bowl or two max and am set for the festivity.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 am

That sucks man, I usually avoid edibles because they don't sit well with me. I agree that work needs to be done about making them more consistent.

We were passing a joint around with my buddy that grows his own. His stuff hits HARD so I took two hits and passed from there on out. Wife kept going despite knowing what his stuff can do...still not sure why. Never had that sort of reaction before.

It was no bueno...I felt really bad for her.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:16 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 am

We were passing a joint around with my buddy that grows his own. His stuff hits HARD so I took two hits and passed from there on out. Wife kept going despite knowing what his stuff can do...still not sure why. Never had that sort of reaction before.

Poor thing, that sucks for her. I've gotten that sick in BC, a friend of mine lived in a grow town and every year "the scientist" would bring and sell seeds and a sample bag of what the batch will be like. We tried some and I was never more twisted. I sat in a recliner/arm chair and felt like my legs were pivoting back and forth as I stared at the TV. Nausea ensued and my friend told me I started looking a little pale. He grabbed us both a bowl of ice cream and believe it or not I downed it and avoided being stuck in that nasty rut. Bleh, too much.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:23 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:16 am

Poor thing, that sucks for her. I've gotten that sick in BC, a friend of mine lived in a grow town and every year "the scientist" would bring and sell seeds and a sample bag of what the batch will be like. We tried some and I was never more twisted. I sat in a recliner/arm chair and felt like my legs were pivoting back and forth as I stared at the TV. Nausea ensued and my friend told me I started looking a little pale. He grabbed us both a bowl of ice cream and believe it or not I downed it and avoided being stuck in that nasty rut. Bleh, too much.
Oh wow, very similar for the wife last night...she kept saying how dizzy she was and how she "didn't feel like she was in her body" along with calls for "this needs to stop NOW". Tried to get her to eat some snacks, but that was not happening.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:23 am

Oh wow, very similar for the wife last night...she kept saying how dizzy she was and how she "didn't feel like she was in her body" along with calls for "this needs to stop NOW". Tried to get her to eat some snacks, but that was not happening.
Glad she's feeling better today. I'll be curious if she hits it again or just :nope: out. My wife took a hiatus for nearly a decade after she experienced something like that (or possibly a panic attack right after puffing, :iono: ). I burned another one six hours later :lolol: , but I'm a dirtbag to my body sometimes and always up for a rematch.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That is pretty cray man. I've never really had a "bad trip" from weed. In fact on many occasions when I've drank way too much, it sort of brings me back to earth or at least causes me to slow/stop the booze consumption. I've never really loved being super stoned, so I normally just have a few puffs and I'm good.

I like that with the vape pen, a bowl, or a joint, you can regulate intake pretty nicely. Bong rips or edibles can go the wrong way, those are the two that have hit me the worst in the past. I did try edibles again back on Labor Day for the first time in years and it was pretty cool, but I had a very small dose.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

How did everyone's weekends go?

Friday night I chilled at the house by myself as the wife was out to dinner with friends, was :nice: to just hang and get some quiet time.

Saturday I did my biggest bike ride yet, 84 miles with a group I found on meetup.com. It was a 5/7 time, awesome group of people and we enjoyed some food/beers after. Other than freezing for the first hour, it was a beautiful day and fantastic time. I will definitely be riding with them again, but I need to figure out some better cold weather stuff.

Yesterday I did my final (I think) mow, blew leaves, cleaned out the gutters, and cleaned/reorganized our shed and outdoor storage rooms. I also made a :notbad: Mexican dinner for us and read for a few hours.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I got "sick" the first few times I tried smoking. Felt light headed and nauseated.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

FIL and I managed to get one tree cut down before the winds got too :fullretard: on Saturday. In fact, after making the cut opposite the wedge cut it looked like the tree may have somehow fallen in the :wrong: direction and landed in the street, but at exactly the right moment an :alpo: luck wind came from the southeast and blew the tree down exactly where we wanted it - safely across the lawn. :lol:
Winds got crazy blustery after that so we quit while we were ahead and just did the one tree.

Sunday just watched the Bears barely win, did laundry, went to Menards to pick up some stuff, fixed a borked outdoor electrical outlet - in the rain lol, and otherwise chilled.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:08 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 am
Glad she's feeling better today. I'll be curious if she hits it again or just :nope: out. My wife took a hiatus for nearly a decade after she experienced something like that (or possibly a panic attack right after puffing, :iono: ). I burned another one six hours later :lolol: , but I'm a dirtbag to my body sometimes and always up for a rematch.
Yea, she's taking a break "for a while" I suspect she'll be back at it next weekend. Still, she's pretty :disgust: about it all.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 am That is pretty cray man. I've never really had a "bad trip" from weed. In fact on many occasions when I've drank way too much, it sort of brings me back to earth or at least causes me to slow/stop the booze consumption. I've never really loved being super stoned, so I normally just have a few puffs and I'm good.

I like that with the vape pen, a bowl, or a joint, you can regulate intake pretty nicely. Bong rips or edibles can go the wrong way, those are the two that have hit me the worst in the past. I did try edibles again back on Labor Day for the first time in years and it was pretty cool, but I had a very small dose.
My first experience with edibles was "bad" and turned me off for a while. I still don't do much in the way of edibles, but have learned the right amount to smoke. She's usually really good...this just took her off guard. She did smoke more than she remembers :doe:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:12 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 am That is pretty cray man. I've never really had a "bad trip" from weed. In fact on many occasions when I've drank way too much, it sort of brings me back to earth or at least causes me to slow/stop the booze consumption. I've never really loved being super stoned, so I normally just have a few puffs and I'm good.

My first experience with edibles was "bad" and turned me off for a while. I still don't do much in the way of edibles, but have learned the right amount to smoke. She's usually really good...this just took her off guard. She did smoke more than she remembers :doe:
I'd be more than happy to offer :melon: assistance.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh, met a QAnon believer (follower?) this weekend. Was...interesting.

She's a friend we've known for many years, lives up here not far from us. She and her husband came over this Saturday to see the house and hang. They're our age, DINKS, super normal and chill...we've always gotten along. Toward the end of the night after putting back a few bottles of wine between the 4 of us, she started asking questions about our time in California and if we'd ever witnessed devil worship out there. Wife and I glanced at each other and responded with a slow :wat: "nooooo.......?" Then she point blank asked if we we've done any "research into the truth and Qanon". Her husband rolled his eyes as hard as I've seen someone roll their eyes, tried to change the subject fast, and ushered them out within 30 minutes. Could tell we was NOT INTO IT. I was so curious that I kept asking her to elaborate, every time he tried to shut her down and change the topic. But from what I could gather, I get it. Not the conspiracy (that's :fullretard: to me) but I can see how someone might get into believing a conspiracy theory...any, and especially one so directly tied to current .gov leadership (and not directly denounced...that's the big thing here).

Isolation, boredom, and the internet being your only window to the outside world seems very dangerous. Michele said "they need more friends", and she's absolutely right. The fact that someone so normal in all other ways could be so :fullretard: with conspiracy is scary to me. Makes me wonder if this is more common than I realize.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:56 pm Oh, met a QAnon believer (follower?) this weekend. Was...interesting.

She's a friend we've known for many years, lives up here not far from us. She and her husband came over this Saturday to see the house and hang. They're our age, DINKS, super normal and chill...we've always gotten along. Toward the end of the night after putting back a few bottles of wine between the 4 of us, she started asking questions about our time in California and if we'd ever witnessed devil worship out there. Wife and I glanced at each other and responded with a slow :wat: "nooooo.......?" Then she point blank asked if we we've done any "research into the truth and Qanon". Her husband rolled his eyes as hard as I've seen someone roll their eyes, tried to change the subject fast, and ushered them out within 30 minutes. Could tell we was NOT INTO IT. I was so curious that I kept asking her to elaborate, every time he tried to shut her down and change the topic. But from what I could gather, I get it. Not the conspiracy (that's :fullretard: to me) but I can see how someone might get into believing a conspiracy theory...any, and especially one so directly tied to current .gov leadership (and not directly denounced...that's the big thing here).

Isolation, boredom, and the internet being your only window to the outside world seems very dangerous. Michele said "they need more friends", and she's absolutely right. The fact that someone so normal in all other ways could be so :fullretard: with conspiracy is scary to me. Makes me wonder if this is more common than I realize.
Her vote still counts so the marketing works! I'm not at all surprised this underground movement is so mainstream TBH, but the theatrics seems to keep getting bigger each election (here too).
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:56 pm Oh, met a QAnon believer (follower?) this weekend. Was...interesting.

Her vote still counts so the marketing works! I'm not at all surprised this underground movement is so mainstream TBH, but the theatrics seems to keep getting bigger each election (here too).
Is it up there too in real numbers? That's rather :|

I'm just amazed that people fall for this. She's a well educated individual with a history in journalism (undergrad in it even). She totally buys the stories through "deep research", which must be checking some box in her brain for legitimacy. I mentioned that anyone can write anything on the internet with no sources, but she claims I need to "do the research myself to see the truth". :wat: :nope: Ain't nobody got time for that :fullretard:

But if you have nothing but time on your hands, I can see how this could spiral.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:14 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:04 pm

I'm just amazed that people fall for this. She's a well educated individual with a history in journalism (undergrad in it even). She totally buys the stories through "deep research", which must be checking some box in her brain for legitimacy. I mentioned that anyone can write anything on the internet with no sources, but she claims I need to "do the research myself to see the truth". :wat: :nope: Ain't nobody got time for that :fullretard:

But if you have nothing but time on your hands, I can see how this could spiral.
If you've got nothing but time on your hands, you should be dividing it between becoming an accomplished woodworker, welder, and working on your garage full of classic cars. Not reading shit on the fucking internet.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:14 pm

If you've got nothing but time on your hands, you should be dividing it between becoming an accomplished woodworker, welder, and working on your garage full of classic cars. Not reading shit on the fucking internet.
:notwrong: but all those things require some sort of investment in space, tools, education, etc. Plus in this particular instance, we're talking :tits: that would rather just sit around and read shit on the internet than do anything meaningful anyway.