OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am
Sales in general right now must be pretty rough. Buyers of anything are picky, sellers think everything they have is gold, no thanks.
Well, when prices are through the roof on everything, I'd be picky too.

I've looked at so many trucks during this ordeal and it's insane what sellers and dealers are asking for vehicles.

Same with houses.
:dat:

I'm not paying a stupid price for something unless it's absolute perfection.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am
Sales in general right now must be pretty rough. Buyers of anything are picky, sellers think everything they have is gold, no thanks.
Well, when prices are through the roof on everything, I'd be picky too.

I've looked at so many trucks during this ordeal and it's insane what sellers and dealers are asking for vehicles.

Same with houses.
It's relaxing now. My Zoom/Carvana offers went down over $1k each.

Side note, does the door repaint count as an "accident" or not?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Anybody hear from Pecs lately?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Nice pics Dan, looks like it was a good trip.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:01 pm Anybody hear from Pecs lately?
:ohdang: No...I'll shoot him a text.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

He and :[user not found]: both silently quit a month ago.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:05 pm
Tell him I said :hai:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:06 pm
:[user not found]: too? :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:05 pm
Will do. Texting with him now, all good...just busy.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:10 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:00 pm

It's relaxing now. My Zoom/Carvana offers went down over $1k each.

Side note, does the door repaint count as an "accident" or not?
Is it on the Carfax?

If not, then no. It was nothing. Keep your mouth shut. :lol:
No clue if it is or not.
troyguitar

wap wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:06 pm

Eh, "quit" is perhaps too strong a description but they were both last active ~4 weeks ago. They'll probably resurface sooner or later.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:42 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:30 am

Oh, dang, your house sold?
So far. It did not sell easy, the market for $500k+ homes fell off a cliff in the Detroit area right when we listed it seems. Whatever.

We had to accept an offer contingent on the sale of the buyer's current house, which is a small/cheap house in a highly desirable part of town, so I'm not too concerned about that. The inspection came and went and we heard nothing, but they want a sewer scope done, which is happening tomorrow...so inspection must have gone OK if they want to blow another $500 to have the sewer looked at. Waste of money because the city offers a sewer line warranty for $7/mo and covers anything unlimited with no deductible. I've had the sewer line maintained with that warranty since we moved in, so I'm confident it'll be fine...but people are morans so you never know.

:rolleyes: This has been anything but easy, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Yeah there is huge competition in the "lower end" here as houses in Charlotte start around $300K, once you get over $500K there are far fewer people who can afford anything in that range, so sales don't happen overnight.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:01 pm Nice pics Dan, looks like it was a good trip.
THanks, man! I am not itching to get back to the Blue Ridge Parkway for some bike rides. My mom cycled the entire thing in her 20s and I've been wanting to do the same, but I may start with some day trips.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Eh, "quit" is perhaps too strong a description but they were both last active ~4 weeks ago. They'll probably resurface sooner or later.
:dat: We all get busy sometimes. I have talked to [user not found], everything is fine as far as I know. I don't think I have 'pec's cell :sad: :foreveralone: .
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:29 pm

:dat: We all get busy sometimes. I have talked to [user not found], everything is fine as far as I know. I don't think I have 'pec's cell :sad: :foreveralone: .
I'm texting with pex, he's taking a break but all is chill.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:42 am
So far. It did not sell easy, the market for $500k+ homes fell off a cliff in the Detroit area right when we listed it seems. Whatever.

We had to accept an offer contingent on the sale of the buyer's current house, which is a small/cheap house in a highly desirable part of town, so I'm not too concerned about that. The inspection came and went and we heard nothing, but they want a sewer scope done, which is happening tomorrow...so inspection must have gone OK if they want to blow another $500 to have the sewer looked at. Waste of money because the city offers a sewer line warranty for $7/mo and covers anything unlimited with no deductible. I've had the sewer line maintained with that warranty since we moved in, so I'm confident it'll be fine...but people are morans so you never know.

:rolleyes: This has been anything but easy, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Yeah there is huge competition in the "lower end" here as houses in Charlotte start around $300K, once you get over $500K there are far fewer people who can afford anything in that range, so sales don't happen overnight.
Same here it seems. I get it. We couldn't afford our house now either.

But that's what gives me pause about all the economic craziness right now. There's clearly a cap to the "wealth" being created...and higher end housing ($500k+) is really feeling that.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm
wap wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:07 pm

:like:
wap

Just checked. 4 weeks for Pecs, 3 weeks for :[user not found]: :ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm
Says "hi" back BTW.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:37 pm
wap wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:35 pm

Says "hi" back BTW.
:wub:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man... training this new guy here... he is driving me fucking nuts! :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

What's cooking for everyone this weekend?
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 pm What's cooking for everyone this weekend?
Probably continuing a project I started last week with my FIL's help. I should post it in the :haus: thread, but we've started cutting down a bunch of tall, :disgust: useless pine trees around my side yard. It's step one of a years long (1-2 probably) project to convert wasted nasty yard space to a much nicer, usable outdoor area. Last week he helped me totally redo an overgrown flower bed by planting a hydrangea bush surrounded by sedum, mulch, and rocks. Then we started on the trees and got 2 cut down and chopped up. We cut and saved the big logs for a future fire pit and cut the smaller branches to be picked up with my other regular yard waste, except they didn't pick up the branches :lolol: :ohwell: :tits: is friends with someone in village government so she asked her what we need to do to get them picked up, so I'm not too worried about it. Got 10 more trees to go and the plan is to get as many cut as possible before the weather turns to serious :poop: in the next few weeks, then continue in the spring. Doing it ourselves should save :mindblown: amounts of scratch, at LEAST several hundo, if not low four figures/tree.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:What's cooking for everyone this weekend?
Sitting home as usual. :foreveralone:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 pm What's cooking for everyone this weekend?
Probably continuing a project I started last week with my FIL's help. I should post it in the :haus: thread, but we've started cutting down a bunch of tall, :disgust: useless pine trees around my side yard. It's step one of a years long (1-2 probably) project to convert wasted nasty yard space to a much nicer, usable outdoor area. Last week he helped me totally redo an overgrown flower bed by planting a hydrangea bush surrounded by sedum, mulch, and rocks. Then we started on the trees and got 2 cut down and chopped up. We cut and saved the big logs for a future fire pit and cut the smaller branches to be picked up with my other regular yard waste, except they didn't pick up the branches :lolol: :ohwell: :tits: is friends with someone in village government so she asked her what we need to do to get them picked up, so I'm not too worried about it. Got 10 more trees to go and the plan is to get as many cut as possible before the weather turns to serious :poop: in the next few weeks, then continue in the spring. Doing it ourselves should save :mindblown: amounts of scratch, at LEAST several hundo, if not low four figures/tree.
:notbad: in4pics. We've done a fair bit of planting things and such, now just kind of maintaining and maybe doing a bit more come spring. I have thought about planting some fescue but I may just wait until spring and install more Zoysia plugs, they seem to do well where I've put them as long as the areas get at least a small amount of sun.

I need to cut the grass one last time this week and blow some leaves. I think I'll just use the leaves as mulch in our back natural areas if :tits: will allow it.