OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:26 pm

I mostly agree although I am always a bit concerned that the phone will :nuke: itself at 2-3 years from original launch. I bought the iPhone 8 instead of 7 for this reason, and annoying, they are fucking IDENTICAL but it was like $150 more (I had the 7 from my old job and had to return it). Unfortunately :tits: is obsessed with iPhone and she gets so :triggered: by me not having one, I just go with it. I really give no fucks about Android versus iOS otherwiise.
I have an iPhone from work...I don't even know what model it is, but it was old when I got it almost 2 years ago now and it gets updates and works just fine. I'm not a huge fan of iOS usability and prefer my android, but they both do the critical functions of a phone. I just think paying a bunch of money for a phone is :fullretard:
I’ve found android to be a little better as well for usability but I don’t care enough to annoy my wife by using it, there are other battles I’ll save that for. I also think the new updates to iOS give more of that functionality but I don’t care enough to bother updating.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Oh man I'm swamped, huge work thing fell in my lap and I'm slowing having to coach management on the magnitude of the ask. Coming together but it's such a drain.

Annual Condo meeting tonight in Grand Bend. Somehow I'm looped into the president role or whatever, basically doing the same shit as last year except I sign a doc or two extra. We have two new people on the board, one is an accountant so I'm thankful for his interest in the role. All in all it was fun, but cost me five hours of my day and $300 in lost wages/gas/etc. Chalking it up to life experience.

Found out the root cause of my parking brake fault, if you press and hold down the hill hold button for long enough it induces the fault. Discovered it when it returned after my youngest kiddo climbed all over the driver seat and stepped on the button. Fault came back so I tried to push the button and it was already stuck down. Once I freed it up I depressed it a dozen times and the stickiness went away permanently. I have been playing with it and the parking brake for a week now and still no reoccurrence. :fuxkyeah:

Had five minutes of free time and peeled the V6 badge off my wife's Touareg. The adhesive is a foam tape and came off pretty clean. Going to debadge the TOUAREG letters to, she won't even notice it lol
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Griffballz, you check your snail mail lately? Anything from Canada yet?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:51 pm

I figured as much, I am not too familiar with the Canadian history.
Maple syrup, weird bacon, hockey?
OMG :whocares: about those bilingual, legal same-sexmarriage encouraging, multicultural accepting a-holes in Canada. Bunch of hosers anyways.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:doge: waking me up, got the shakes and is vomiting all over the place. Yay
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, this in my feed... :impressive:

https://youtu.be/xC6J4T_hUKg
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:18 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:09 am The damn charging port on my phone has been slowly failing, so I finally decided to go full :rudy: and buy a new one. $33/mo for 2 years for a bloody phone. :wasteful:

I'm going back to Samsung since my old S4 still works besides being slow. S20+ is on sale at Verizon for "only" $800 instead of $1200. Hopefully this thing will last longer than the LG that only went 3 years. :whocares:
:gag:

I bought an iPhone8 for $599 about two years ago... it's a lot of money but certainly something we use every day, so I guess worth it. I just hope to see this last at least four years :popcorn:
I used my 8+ as my turkish phone until for some reason I have to use a euro/turkish spec iphone, so it's been sitting for a while. I've been using my friends old 6s and other than the battery it works flawlessly. The 8 has been fine so far, basically works like new. Except when I started talking on the phone, I need headphones without going with speaker so I can hear a lot better. My old 5 was the same as well.

That said I will be trading my current XR for the new 12, and trade my 8+ (worth $400 rn) for an iphone se (basically a new iphone 6/7/8 that costs $400) as my turkish phone. It turns out I cannot change phones for 2 years, so I think getting the new SE for it will be a good peace of mind for that matter alone.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Another thing, I feel like I may be overpaying for essentially the same phone with some slight differences with the exception for the camera.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:35 am And buyer's agents...holy shit do they have to do work to get people into houses. The stories we've heard from our realtor and other friends in the industry are :disgust: It can take months and months of showings and :bs: to get someone to find the house they want.

If you're a good people person, it's a great profession. Other than that...it sounds like misery to me.
:dat:

The good ones love what they do. It’s a grind for the rest of them. Managing X number of buyers and sellers, weekend showings, open houses, off-hours etc. I suppose it’s “what you make it” for a lot of agents, but I’m guessing for every easy client, there’s 10 pain in the dicks that waste your time.

It’s a no from me dog and I’m in already in a quasi sales role.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:55 pm Griffballz, you check your snail mail lately? Anything from Canada yet?
I did receive it man, thank you! I have been wicked busy this week as we were out of town last weekend through Monday for a little mountain getaway, left early to go to the in-law's in the boonies Tuesday for FIL's birthday, and took yesterday afternoon off to go to Track Night at Carolina Motorsports Park, so I've been pretty consumed with work outside of that other stuff.

I was :impressive: that you were able to secure USD :wap: style :lolol: I will update the spreadsheet and stuff and post in the other thread when I get a moment. I think I'm up to $170 in "donations" now which will pretty much fund things through the end of 2021 I believe.

:like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:15 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:35 am And buyer's agents...holy shit do they have to do work to get people into houses. The stories we've heard from our realtor and other friends in the industry are :disgust: It can take months and months of showings and :bs: to get someone to find the house they want.

If you're a good people person, it's a great profession. Other than that...it sounds like misery to me.

The good ones love what they do. It’s a grind for the rest of them. Managing X number of buyers and sellers, weekend showings, open houses, off-hours etc. I suppose it’s “what you make it” for a lot of agents, but I’m guessing for every easy client, there’s 10 pain in the dicks that waste your time.

:dat: My buddy/our agent LOVES it. To the point that it is all he talks about and I get bored :lolol: He also owns a C3 'vette and I would rather discuss how much better mine is than his :lolol:

I mostly enjoy being in sales, it's a good career fit for me. But direct to end users is a no from me dog, B2B or :gtfo: Monday-Friday is enough, I will keep my weekends, thanks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Since I mentioned the mountains getaway:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:25 am Since I mentioned the mountains getaway:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That :doge: man.... :wub:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:10 am

:dat: My buddy/our agent LOVES it. To the point that it is all he talks about and I get bored :lolol: He also owns a C3 'vette and I would rather discuss how much better mine is than his :lolol:

I mostly enjoy being in sales, it's a good career fit for me. But direct to end users is a no from me dog, B2B or :gtfo: Monday-Friday is enough, I will keep my weekends, thanks.
People in the industry who are successful pretty much have to live the industry because it's all they do/have time to do. We had one close friend realtor who got deep into house flipping and the "revenue opportunity" and whatnot that somewhat made us drift apart.

There's no job I could enjoy enough to make it my life. Give me M-F for 8-10 hours a day and that's it. Beyond that is :butwhy: :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:55 pm Griffballz, you check your snail mail lately? Anything from Canada yet?
I did receive it man, thank you! I have been wicked busy this week as we were out of town last weekend through Monday for a little mountain getaway, left early to go to the in-law's in the boonies Tuesday for FIL's birthday, and took yesterday afternoon off to go to Track Night at Carolina Motorsports Park, so I've been pretty consumed with work outside of that other stuff.

I was :impressive: that you were able to secure USD :wap: style :lolol: I will update the spreadsheet and stuff and post in the other thread when I get a moment. I think I'm up to $170 in "donations" now which will pretty much fund things through the end of 2021 I believe.

Yeah man, venmo isn't used here and my PayPal account got frozen for security reasons so I really didn't want to bring it back to life. Looks like we all have a little :wap: inside us every now and again (pun). I wasn't sure if a single stamp is enough to get that thing across the border but alas.

My week is equally rammed, no worries broseph.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nice pics. That scenery is :mindblown:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:04 am

Yeah man, venmo isn't used here and my PayPal account got frozen for security reasons so I really didn't want to bring it back to life. Looks like we all have a little :wap: inside us every now and again (pun). I wasn't sure if a single stamp is enough to get that thing across the border but alas.

I was kind of surprised. How did you get your hands on the worthless USD?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:10 am

People in the industry who are successful pretty much have to live the industry because it's all they do/have time to do. We had one close friend realtor who got deep into house flipping and the "revenue opportunity" and whatnot that somewhat made us drift apart.

There's no job I could enjoy enough to make it my life. Give me M-F for 8-10 hours a day and that's it. Beyond that is :butwhy: :nope:
Even if I finally make it to pro musician status and can get paid to do something that I actually enjoy, I still can't see having it be my whole life. I'm still going to want to do car and bike shit, play video games, and spend time doing absolutely nothing. Being able to relax and do nothing without feeling massive guilt and anxiety that I need to be working on something is amazing and I think I've done it all of... twice in my adult life.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:jimp: :hubba: :hubba:
wap

Great pics, Griff! :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 am

Even if I finally make it to pro musician status and can get paid to do something that I actually enjoy, I still can't see having it be my whole life. I'm still going to want to do car and bike shit, play video games, and spend time doing absolutely nothing. Being able to relax and do nothing without feeling massive guilt and anxiety that I need to be working on something is amazing and I think I've done it all of... twice in my adult life.
There's nothing I'm passionate enough about in life to let it consume me. Working in an office does, and that's why WFH has been such a godsend to me. This morning for example, no meetings so wife and I enjoyed coffee outside watching the sunrise, then took the dog for a walk and relaxed. Boss called and asked for some stuff, so I'm cranking it out now before we go downtown for a quick lunch so I can get back by 2 for a meeting. The balance is fantastic, and I'm still getting all my required work done. I really want this to be the norm.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:10 am

I was kind of surprised. How did you get your hands on the worthless USD?
My parents are going to stay in FL for a while because they own a second home there and need to do upkeep, for her birthday I gave her USD along with a gift bag that is travel based, some of our ATMs at the bank I use dispense USD upon request and do the conversion so it's easy-peasy.

I sent it well after you mentioned a $6 credit so I'm dropping towards 2021 fees. Thanks again Dan!
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:30 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm
Depends on the state, actually. In MI, there's no requirement to use real estate lawyers, so realtors do pretty much everything. Ours is going to clear :fullretard: money, but she really did work her ass off. Our house did not sell easily and she worked for it.
Oh, dang, your house sold?
So far. It did not sell easy, the market for $500k+ homes fell off a cliff in the Detroit area right when we listed it seems. Whatever.

We had to accept an offer contingent on the sale of the buyer's current house, which is a small/cheap house in a highly desirable part of town, so I'm not too concerned about that. The inspection came and went and we heard nothing, but they want a sewer scope done, which is happening tomorrow...so inspection must have gone OK if they want to blow another $500 to have the sewer looked at. Waste of money because the city offers a sewer line warranty for $7/mo and covers anything unlimited with no deductible. I've had the sewer line maintained with that warranty since we moved in, so I'm confident it'll be fine...but people are morans so you never know.

:rolleyes: This has been anything but easy, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am

Yeah, I couldn't do the realtor thing. At least at a dealership, people have to come to you. For now.

I just am so :disgust: by sales in general right now.
Sales in general right now must be pretty rough. Buyers of anything are picky, sellers think everything they have is gold, no thanks.