OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:42 pm

:iono: I missed the part in the Canadian one where they mass murder :nuke: all the native peoples.
Treatment of native Americans is the one area in which Canada is really no better than the US, both historically and today.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:14 pm We got this home warranty with our :haus: purchase that I figured was :bs: ... well, I just called them because our bathroom ceiling is all peeling around the vent fan and it looks like they are going to send someone out to fix it 100% on their dime. I figured they'd tell me to pound sand but thought it would be remiss not to at least see.

:notbad:

I am going to try to find a bunch of other shit :wrong: with the :haus: now over the next month before it expires :lolol: .
:ohdang:

Curious how this goes. I've always wondered about these and the buyers of our downstate house have elected for one that their realtor is paying for. I :butwhy: but if they actually fix stuff like this no hassle, then :notbad: at all.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:03 pm
Maple syrup, weird bacon, hockey?
I mean, I love our bacon, but ham is also good and better for :massles:
Just call it ham, it's not bacon IMO.

I do enjoy ham :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:14 pm We got this home warranty with our :haus: purchase that I figured was :bs: ... well, I just called them because our bathroom ceiling is all peeling around the vent fan and it looks like they are going to send someone out to fix it 100% on their dime. I figured they'd tell me to pound sand but thought it would be remiss not to at least see.

:notbad:

I am going to try to find a bunch of other shit :wrong: with the :haus: now over the next month before it expires :lolol: .

Curious how this goes. I've always wondered about these and the buyers of our downstate house have elected for one that their realtor is paying for. I :butwhy: but if they actually fix stuff like this no hassle, then :notbad: at all.
They called me back and told me to pound sand :lolol: So after committing to fixing it, they were like "we looked closer at your policy and drywall is only covered if it's damaged by one of our contractors"

:wtf:

Our realtor pretty much insisted this was necessary, the seller "paid for it" so whatever. I always assumed such things were :bs: and it looks like we were both right.

Our fence has also started falling over, so I think I will try to get them to repair that. We have about two months on it, need to try to find something to at least justify the $500. Regardless of the seller paying for it, we ultimately paid for the house and that was wrapped up in the overall cost :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 pm

They called me back and told me to pound sand :lolol: So after committing to fixing it, they were like "we looked closer at your policy and drywall is only covered if it's damaged by one of our contractors"

Our realtor pretty much insisted this was necessary, the seller "paid for it" so whatever. I always assumed such things were :bs: and it looks like we were both right.

Our fence has also started falling over, so I think I will try to get them to repair that. We have about two months on it, need to try to find something to at least justify the $500. Regardless of the seller paying for it, we ultimately paid for the house and that was wrapped up in the overall cost :disgust:
Yea...you paid for it somehow for sure. The buyer's agent on our house must really want to get her clients into our house since she's paying for it herself...whatever get the deal done.

But yep, I suspected they were :bs: I could never figure out exactly what they covered, as it seems like it's limited to appliances and mechanicals maybe?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Yea...you paid for it somehow for sure. The buyer's agent on our house must really want to get her clients into our house since she's paying for it herself...whatever get the deal done.

But yep, I suspected they were :bs: I could never figure out exactly what they covered, as it seems like it's limited to appliances and mechanicals maybe?
Yeah there is a lot of mention of appliances... It's funny, our realtor is a friend of mine but sometimes I got the vibe that he just gets kick backs from all of these stupid services. I hate the housing game, I feel like realtors are full of :bs: and find it :mindblown: how much they clear per transaction when the attorneys really do all of the heavy lifting.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Yeah there is a lot of mention of appliances... It's funny, our realtor is a friend of mine but sometimes I got the vibe that he just gets kick backs from all of these stupid services. I hate the housing game, I feel like realtors are full of :bs: and find it :mindblown: how much they clear per transaction when the attorneys really do all of the heavy lifting.
Depends on the state, actually. In MI, there's no requirement to use real estate lawyers, so realtors do pretty much everything. Ours is going to clear :fullretard: money, but she really did work her ass off. Our house did not sell easily and she worked for it.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

The damn charging port on my phone has been slowly failing, so I finally decided to go full :rudy: and buy a new one. $33/mo for 2 years for a bloody phone. :wasteful:

I'm going back to Samsung since my old S4 still works besides being slow. S20+ is on sale at Verizon for "only" $800 instead of $1200. Hopefully this thing will last longer than the LG that only went 3 years. :whocares:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:09 am The damn charging port on my phone has been slowly failing, so I finally decided to go full :rudy: and buy a new one. $33/mo for 2 years for a bloody phone. :wasteful:

I'm going back to Samsung since my old S4 still works besides being slow. S20+ is on sale at Verizon for "only" $800 instead of $1200. Hopefully this thing will last longer than the LG that only went 3 years. :whocares:
:gag:

I bought an iPhone8 for $599 about two years ago... it's a lot of money but certainly something we use every day, so I guess worth it. I just hope to see this last at least four years :popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Depends on the state, actually. In MI, there's no requirement to use real estate lawyers, so realtors do pretty much everything. Ours is going to clear :fullretard: money, but she really did work her ass off. Our house did not sell easily and she worked for it.
:word:

I guess in a way I get more aggravated because I hang out with our dude as a friend and he is making ridiculous money for what feels like a joke to me. Admittedly he has the best personality for sales ever, so he is really good at new client acquisition, but when I think about selling our house one day, it is :butwhy: and :gag: that we would have to pay over $20K for these "services".
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:21 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm

I guess in a way I get more aggravated because I hang out with our dude as a friend and he is making ridiculous money for what feels like a joke to me. Admittedly he has the best personality for sales ever, so he is really good at new client acquisition, but when I think about selling our house one day, it is :butwhy: and :gag: that we would have to pay over $20K for these "services".
It's just the nature of the business and it's better to just ignore the figure because the alternative of selling yourself never works.

I will say...

It took over a month for our house to sell. Our realtor held 4 open houses that she was personally at, eating up 2 full weekends for her. She attended every single showing to help answer questions, which was at least 20 hours of her time if not more. She paid $500 to have the house professionally photographed, and worked to tweak zillow to be just right. She advertised the house on every social media platform imaginable AND followed up with every single lead from an open house, showing, or cold call. She gave us weekly reports on progress and what she had been doing to move the house, along with great market analysis and pricing insight.

She'll clear just over $30k on our house...and yea it's A LOT and makes me :| but she worked hard for it. We never could have put in the time and dedication she did to sell the place.
ChrisoftheNorth

And buyer's agents...holy shit do they have to do work to get people into houses. The stories we've heard from our realtor and other friends in the industry are :disgust: It can take months and months of showings and :bs: to get someone to find the house they want.

If you're a good people person, it's a great profession. Other than that...it sounds like misery to me.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:33 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:21 am

It's just the nature of the business and it's better to just ignore the figure because the alternative of selling yourself never works.

I will say...

It took over a month for our house to sell. Our realtor held 4 open houses that she was personally at, eating up 2 full weekends for her. She attended every single showing to help answer questions, which was at least 20 hours of her time if not more. She paid $500 to have the house professionally photographed, and worked to tweak zillow to be just right. She advertised the house on every social media platform imaginable AND followed up with every single lead from an open house, showing, or cold call. She gave us weekly reports on progress and what she had been doing to move the house, along with great market analysis and pricing insight.

She'll clear just over $30k on our house...and yea it's A LOT and makes me :| but she worked hard for it. We never could have put in the time and dedication she did to sell the place.
:dat: is an :impressive: amount of work.
wap

And re phones. I bought an unlocked Motorola G6 from Best Buy a couple of years ago for ~$150, and Mrs bought an ulocked G7 from Amazon last year for ~$175.

$700+ phones for me is a big :nope:.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:00 am And re phones. I bought an unlocked Motorola G6 from Best Buy a couple of years ago for ~$150, and Mrs bought an ulocked G7 from Amazon last year for ~$175.

We bought Pixel 3a's for $299 last year and they've been great. I really don't see what features a new phone could have that I'd want enough to spend that much more.

We switched service from Google Fi to AT&T, and they forced us to go in the store to complete. The entire time the dude was trying to get us to "upgrade" because it's "so cheap" only $XX/mo or whatever. I asked him what the new phones did better and he talked about bigger screens or processors or some shit that I REALLY DGAF about in my phone. I'm good bro, just get me my damned service.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am
wap wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:00 am And re phones. I bought an unlocked Motorola G6 from Best Buy a couple of years ago for ~$150, and Mrs bought an ulocked G7 from Amazon last year for ~$175.

We bought Pixel 3a's for $299 last year and they've been great. I really don't see what features a new phone could have that I'd want enough to spend that much more.

We switched service from Google Fi to AT&T, and they forced us to go in the store to complete. The entire time the dude was trying to get us to "upgrade" because it's "so cheap" only $XX/mo or whatever. I asked him what the new phones did better and he talked about bigger screens or processors or some shit that I REALLY DGAF about in my phone. I'm good bro, just get me my damned service.
:dat:
My phone does everything I could ever imagine I'd want a phone to do. Battery life is pretty :notbad: as well. At the end of the day, after being unplugged for 14-15 hours or so it usually has 40%-60% battery life left. Admittedly, I don't use it as constantly as your typical :millennial:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:59 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:33 am

I will say...

:iono: I do that level of follow up with customers that net me like $1K in commission, not $30K. THe working all weekends is a lot though, that is one aspect that is shit. I guess the key is just not moving much, the fees really add up if you :plac:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I mostly agree although I am always a bit concerned that the phone will :nuke: itself at 2-3 years from original launch. I bought the iPhone 8 instead of 7 for this reason, and annoying, they are fucking IDENTICAL but it was like $150 more (I had the 7 from my old job and had to return it). Unfortunately :tits: is obsessed with iPhone and she gets so :triggered: by me not having one, I just go with it. I really give no fucks about Android versus iOS otherwiise.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am

The main things I wanted were microSD card slot for the muzak library, plus big battery and waterproof and newer more efficient hardware for using it as nav on the bike. My LG might last an hour on a full charge when using it for navigation, and maaaaaaybe 3-4 hours if I only pull up the maps occasionally and do my own actual navigating. I have no need for ultra high res 120 Hz screens or whatever, I'll disable that on the S20 in favor of better battery life. I want to be able to go out in the middle of nowhere all day and know that I'll be able to look up maps and shit.

I also want to run the Zwift indoor bike app on it which does actually require some horsepower to run smoothly. The PC version kind of sucks.

But yeah if you're just texting :dong: pics then anything will work fine.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm

:iono: I do that level of follow up with customers that net me like $1K in commission, not $30K. THe working all weekends is a lot though, that is one aspect that is shit. I guess the key is just not moving much, the fees really add up if you :plac:
I don't disagree...it's a racket man. We got enough for the house to pay the fee and still turn a profit, so whatever. So you either capitalize on a hot market to pay the fee, or just don't move much.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:26 pm

I mostly agree although I am always a bit concerned that the phone will :nuke: itself at 2-3 years from original launch. I bought the iPhone 8 instead of 7 for this reason, and annoying, they are fucking IDENTICAL but it was like $150 more (I had the 7 from my old job and had to return it). Unfortunately :tits: is obsessed with iPhone and she gets so :triggered: by me not having one, I just go with it. I really give no fucks about Android versus iOS otherwiise.
I have an iPhone from work...I don't even know what model it is, but it was old when I got it almost 2 years ago now and it gets updates and works just fine. I'm not a huge fan of iOS usability and prefer my android, but they both do the critical functions of a phone. I just think paying a bunch of money for a phone is :fullretard:
wap

I guess I was comparing her to other realtors. And yea, it's a LOT of weekends and evenings worked, for sure.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:24 pm

I guess I was comparing her to other realtors. And yea, it's a LOT of weekends and evenings worked, for sure.
Yea I dunno, weekends and evenings sure but depending on your market you make a shit ton of $ per hr once you figure out a good rhythm. I estimate my agent made about $3500 an hr from me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:56 pm
wap wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Yea I dunno, weekends and evenings sure but depending on your market you make a shit ton of $ per hr once you figure out a good rhythm. I estimate my agent made about $3500 an hr from me.
:dat: there’s a lot of competition though, seems everyone wants to be a realtor right now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think I read somewhere that there are like 3500 registered/licensed in Charlotte.