OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:42 am I'm up at the cottage to isolate with my older kid, the little guy caught something at school presumably but is doing better, went from flu like symptoms to just stuffy... wife caught it as well and she's back to normal after only a day. I'm strategizing what to do with us next, seems like neither of us are showing signs of getting sick so we either wait here longer or go to my mom's house and I get the older one to school tomorrow. Stupid covid tests taking four days is no bueno.

Staying up here for a few days would be pretty chill doe. What to do...?
Isolate yourself from others for 14 days and get tests for the whole nuclear family. The guidelines are pretty clear here
I think if the two people get better after a few days and tests come back negative for both sick people we should be in the clear or at least know whatever the little guy caught isn't VID. We are encouraged to test if we develop symptoms.

Either where, I agree that staying isolated is the right move till we get tests back for the sicklings.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:04 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am

Isolate yourself from others for 14 days and get tests for the whole nuclear family. The guidelines are pretty clear here
I think if the two people get better after a few days and tests come back negative for both sick people we should be in the clear or at least know whatever the little guy caught isn't VID. We are encouraged to test if we develop symptoms.

Either where, I agree that staying isolated is the right move till we get tests back for the sicklings.
Exactly right. Avoid all people right now so that you don’t spread it in case some of you have it.

You should test everyone in the nuclear fam right now. Otherwise you’ll be waiting 4 days in case others test positive
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:10 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Exactly right. Avoid all people right now so that you don’t spread it in case some of you have it.

You should test everyone in the nuclear fam right now. Otherwise you’ll be waiting 4 days in case others test positive
Yeah good point, I'll see if there is a local testing center to us.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:32 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:36 am

So it wasn’t a shooter then? Just someone with a gun ?
Fired off a bunch of rounds and thankfully managed to hit no one
That’s Bizzare just some psycho or did he have a target(s)?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:35 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:01 am

Brutal, I guess the masks really aren't enough protection at toddler/kindergarden levels because these tots need to take them off a lot and just generally play within proximity. I was kind of hoping that all the separation would kick start September with little to no outbreaks.

I'm thinking of staying here too. It's not really a big deal and I'll be much happier with myself if this ends up being COVID.

I wanted to ask you how your sister and husband are doing? Any progress since you last announced that the virus was lingering in them with little to no improvement.
Thanks for asking! They are "over it" but my bro in law is still suffering. His ability to exercise and stuff is still severely curtailed and the fatigue is still there. All improving though.
Awesome, it's good to hear that they are both on the mend. Hopefully that continues to be the case for your BIL.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:51 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:03 am

Oh man, I can visualize one or more scared morans firing and missing at the "bad guy" in a public forum. Fuck
Not even that, but if cops show up to neutralize the threat and they see a good guy with a gun, they don't know whether that is a good guy with a gun and they just see a guy with a gun.

Especially with active shooter scenarios where ([user not found] and I were talking about this last night off-line) you often have multiple agencies responding to the scene. One agency failing to communicate something complicates that even further. Again, even in a public scenario if you are carrying you should only react if your own life is in danger. Otherwise it's just mass panic finger pointing and then someone might mistake you for the threat you were trying to defend from.
That makes a lot of sense.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Learned that snorkeling is not for me this weekend. I’m a relatively strong swimmer, but breathing “underwater” freaks me the fuck out and not being able to breathe through my nose made me feel super claustrophobic. Was cool having the goggles on and seeing how clear the water was out there, but I’d 100% rather have normal goggles and just pull my head up to breathe like I normally would when swimming. I went back out at one point and tried to do that without the snorkel attached, but forgot that those masks still cover your nose and you’re forced to breathe through your mouth. :nope:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:24 am
razr390 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:21 am Some dude put a can of cat food out for one of our building's "communal cats" (basically roams around but sleeps/is fostered by one of the tenants.

Came home from a late drive and saw an opossum eating from it. I did my best to move slowly around and as I am opening the apartment door I hear a huge thud. The opossum tried to hide/run from me and it basically went under the first step/stair going to the next floor, causing it to fall one story into the lower level below (outdoor apartment). I quickly ran to the staircase to see if it was okay, and it looked pretty dazed but it started walking again. Hid by one of the lower level apartment doors and then came out about 30 seconds later. I decided instead of it trying to climb up and potentially falling again which would certainly kill it if done a second time, I would bring the can of food downstairs so it can finish its meal.

About 2-3 minutes later after I explained to :tits: what happened it was gone, presumably ran off into the lower level picnic/ravine area. Feels :sad: because I did not want it to run/hide from me and I feel like if it dies due to the injuries it's partly my fault, even though I was basically hugging the wall and 15-20 ft away from it at all times.

If It does not die because of the fall, I would have to say it's probably one of the most random :wtf: moments that have happened to me in a long while.
Oh he's fine
:dat:
They're tough, nasty buggers.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:54 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:27 am

That's awesome, great to hear it. Did they apprehend the gunman/gunwoman? People bringing heat to a mall blows my mind, maybe I've been assimilated to think not having protection is :thisisfine: but I'm still not dead yet so :iono:

My bro has a few guns, maybe if I go to a range and snap a few rounds off I might start to love it but ignorance is bliss.
I carry for work and my opinion is guns in the hands of the general public in a situation like this are absolutely no protection. You won't win that fight and you'll probably hurt or kill someone else. Most people don't shoot enough to be remotely good enough to actually defend themselves. Add in adrenaline and fear...
:dat: :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:31 pm Learned that snorkeling is not for me this weekend. I’m a relatively strong swimmer, but breathing “underwater” freaks me the fuck out and not being able to breathe through my nose made me feel super claustrophobic. Was cool having the goggles on and seeing how clear the water was out there, but I’d 100% rather have normal goggles and just pull my head up to breathe like I normally would when swimming. I went back out at one point and tried to do that without the snorkel attached, but forgot that those masks still cover your nose and you’re forced to breathe through your mouth. :nope:
Yeah it takes acclimatization in the calm of a pool first, try only the snorkel out of the water and once your brain can process how that works submerge under water with just that equipment. I taught myself and the kids to do it but I wouldn't want to just jump into the ocean with that shit on my face and flippers on my feet.
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:58 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:31 pm Learned that snorkeling is not for me this weekend. I’m a relatively strong swimmer, but breathing “underwater” freaks me the fuck out and not being able to breathe through my nose made me feel super claustrophobic. Was cool having the goggles on and seeing how clear the water was out there, but I’d 100% rather have normal goggles and just pull my head up to breathe like I normally would when swimming. I went back out at one point and tried to do that without the snorkel attached, but forgot that those masks still cover your nose and you’re forced to breathe through your mouth. :nope:
Yeah it takes acclimatization in the calm of a pool first, try only the snorkel out of the water and once your brain can process how that works submerge under water with just that equipment. I taught myself and the kids to do it but I wouldn't want to just jump into the ocean with that shit on my face and flippers on my feet.
Yeah I was thinking a lake would be a better place to learn so when I panic and need to pull everything off to breathe normally I’m at least not swallowing salt water and gagging/coughing :lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Yeah I was thinking a lake would be a better place to learn so when I panic and need to pull everything off to breathe normally I’m at least not swallowing salt water and gagging/coughing :lol:
Lol, sounds stressful! A small lake sounds doable or a big one on a calm day. Did you get heckled for it or are your friends nicer then I would be to watch the Incredible Hulk start fussing over some goggles? :lol: :wub:
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Lol, sounds stressful! A small lake sounds doable or a big one on a calm day. Did you get heckled for it or are your friends nicer then I would be to watch the Incredible Hulk start fussing over some goggles? :lol: :wub:
:lolol: was just Michelle and I plus the few other people that signed up for the same time snorkel tour as us. She offered to stay behind with me, but I told her to go ahead with the group and I’d practice in the shallows and try to join them. Got some practice in and was feeling confident then as I was swimming out to try to join the group the panic set in again when I was about halfway there. Ripped the mask off and swam my happy ass back to shore :lol:

Instructor/tour guide was chatting with me after while everyone else was making their way out of the water and I mentioned the claustrophobic feeling and he was like “oh that makes much more sense.. I didn’t think a guy as big as you would be scared of anything in these waters” :lolol: :massles:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:21 pm

:lolol: was just Michelle and I plus the few other people that signed up for the same time snorkel tour as us. She offered to stay behind with me, but I told her to go ahead with the group and I’d practice in the shallows and try to join them. Got some practice in and was feeling confident then as I was swimming out to try to join the group the panic set in again when I was about halfway there. Ripped the mask off and swam my happy ass back to shore :lol:

Instructor/tour guide was chatting with me after while everyone else was making their way out of the water and I mentioned the claustrophobic feeling and he was like “oh that makes much more sense.. I didn’t think a guy as big as you would be scared of anything in these waters” :lolol: :massles:
Lulz, that's awesome! 😂
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 am

No casualties thank goodness
That's awesome, great to hear it. Did they apprehend the gunman/gunwoman? People bringing heat to a mall blows my mind, maybe I've been assimilated to think not having protection is :thisisfine: but I'm still not dead yet so :iono:

My bro has a few guns, maybe if I go to a range and snap a few rounds off I might start to love it but ignorance is bliss.
I don't own any guns, and I enjoy the freedom to choose not to own them.

The problem, as usual, resides with the extremes on both sides of the debate. You have people who freak out at the sight of a Nerf gun, and then you have people who think it is their 2nd Amendment right to have the gun glued in their hand at all times and their 1st Amendment right to let you know about it. When I was working at a mall a few years back, there was an instance where a guy was walking around with a pistol in a shoulder holster that was clearly visible due to his jacket being unzipped. The mall's main security was notified by Macy's security, who had approached him as a threat and told him he needed to leave the store, which prompted him to start shouting about his constitutional rights and run into the mall. Luckily, the mall guards actually had some training in deescalation and were able to calm him down and explain to him how private property works. He went outside, put the firearm in his car, and then continued shopping.

It's one of those things where if someone wants to conceal carry, then go ahead and do it. Get the training and certification and actually conceal the weapon you are carrying. Those people don't bother me. It's the Mickey Mouse, GI Joe wannabe motherfuckers who feel the need to gear up and brandish weapons while standing in line for their morning coffee that bother me.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:21 pm

Tried snorkeling once on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta...never again for the exact same reason! It freaked me OUT. I'm good keeping my head above water thank you very much!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:31 am

I don't own any guns, and I enjoy the freedom to choose not to own them.

The problem, as usual, resides with the extremes on both sides of the debate. You have people who freak out at the sight of a Nerf gun, and then you have people who think it is their 2nd Amendment right to have the gun glued in their hand at all times and their 1st Amendment right to let you know about it. When I was working at a mall a few years back, there was an instance where a guy was walking around with a pistol in a shoulder holster that was clearly visible due to his jacket being unzipped. The mall's main security was notified by Macy's security, who had approached him as a threat and told him he needed to leave the store, which prompted him to start shouting about his constitutional rights and run into the mall. Luckily, the mall guards actually had some training in deescalation and were able to calm him down and explain to him how private property works. He went outside, put the firearm in his car, and then continued shopping.

It's one of those things where if someone wants to conceal carry, then go ahead and do it. Get the training and certification and actually conceal the weapon you are carrying. Those people don't bother me. It's the Mickey Mouse, GI Joe wannabe motherfuckers who feel the need to gear up and brandish weapons while standing in line for their morning coffee that bother me.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

Just be chill about things...anything. Especially guns. I want anyone carrying a gun with the intention of using it as necessary to have ice in their veins.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Cloudy with a high of 72 today. I can dig it.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It does take some zen to figure it out. I would not write it off it is a learned process.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat:

I have really enjoyed snorkeling but also felt the claustrophobia/paranoia in the water. It certainly takes some getting used to, and with the limited air flow your first times, it's really a lot to take in.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:31 am It's one of those things where if someone wants to conceal carry, then go ahead and do it. Get the training and certification and actually conceal the weapon you are carrying. Those people don't bother me. It's the Mickey Mouse, GI Joe wannabe motherfuckers who feel the need to gear up and brandish weapons while standing in line for their morning coffee that bother me.
These bother responsible gun owners as well.
They ruin it for everyone else, and create the stigma.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:41 am

It does take some zen to figure it out. I would not write it off it is a learned process.
Oh yeah for sure. It seemed really cool, loved seeing all the fish and stuff. Couldn’t believe how clear that water was compared to the water at hour beaches just a little bit west..

I’ll give it a few more tries and practice in something smaller than a body of water that covers 70% of the earth :lolol:

I think being in better cardiovascular shape would help as well so when/if I do panic a little I can control my breathing and heart rate more.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I have never actually heard of an example of someone who carried protecting themselves or others in any kind of situation. I have nothing against sport gun ownership (hunting, skeet shooting, etc.) but toting a gun around to a mall or other public area of any sort is absolutely asinine.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am I have never actually heard of an example of someone who carried protecting themselves or others in any kind of situation. I have nothing against sport gun ownership (hunting, skeet shooting, etc.) but toting a gun around to a mall or other public area of any sort is absolutely asinine.
This is my thinking as well. I just find the train of thought interesting..."Welp, heading out to the mall to grab some new socks. Let's see...got my wallet, my keys, phone, what else...oh my gun! Can't go to the mall without that!"

:wat: :butwhy:
ChrisoftheNorth

At the same time, it's a right and if people are chill and it makes them feel better then :whocares: