Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:33 pm
Melon wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:41 pm That's ridiculous.
Making me feeling pretty grateful GMC let me order mine.
I did not know you ordered yours. :like:
Yeah, the did the online Build & Price selection, printed it out, and walked into the dealership and they put in a requisition.
I told them D_Plac was my uncle, lol, and got employee pricing.

2018 GMC Canyon
Crew Cab 5.5' bed
SLT
Driver's Assist Package
Tow Package
Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
8" Touchscreen Radio w/ Built-In Nav
Bose Sound System
Techno Steel interior trim

Marine Blue Metallic was new for 2018 and they had a few trucks that color come in, but they were all spec'd with the cocoa/dune interior which is bleh.

Other than drivetrain option 4WD or Diesel engine, all I was missing that only the Denali had was heated steering wheel, wireless charging, and cooled seats.
I thought about adding 4WD, mostly for increased resale, but for $3,200 I passed.

I didn't get the bed liner, which in retrospect, I should have.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:42 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:33 pm

I did not know you ordered yours. :like:
Yeah, the did the online Build & Price selection, printed it out, and walked into the dealership and they put in a requisition.
I told them D_Plac was my uncle, lol, and got employee pricing.

2018 GMC Canyon
Crew Cab 5.5' bed
SLT
Driver's Assist Package
Tow Package
Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
8" Touchscreen Radio w/ Built-In Nav
Bose Sound System
Techno Steel interior trim

Marine Blue Metallic was new for 2018 and they had a few trucks that color come in, but they were all spec'd with the cocoa/dune interior which is bleh.

Other than drivetrain option 4WD or Diesel engine, all I was missing that only the Denali had was heated steering wheel, wireless charging, and cooled seats.
I thought about adding 4WD, mostly for increased resale, but for $3,200 I passed.

I didn't get the bed liner, which in retrospect, I should have.
:nice:
Have you added a bed liner after the fact?

Really the only thing I wish I held out for was the integrated brake controller. Just cleans up that spot on the dash so much.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Really the only thing I wish I held out for was the integrated brake controller. Just cleans up that spot on the dash so much.
Nah, not yet, I always intended on getting a Line-X. I wanted to make sure I got good UV protection.
On my S-10 and Ranger the UV killed the bedliner.
The green Dakota had something good in it, not sure what it was.

I did get a bed mat tho, and it's a necessity in my book.

https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ87009- ... GMC+Canyon

It's a truck, the bed has plenty of scratches and dents from use.
:aintcare:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:50 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Nah, not yet, I always intended on getting a Line-X. I wanted to make sure I got good UV protection.
On my S-10 and Ranger the UV killed the bedliner.
The green Dakota had something good in it, not sure what it was.

I did get a bed mat tho, and it's a necessity in my book.

https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-DZ87009- ... GMC+Canyon

It's a truck, the bed has plenty of scratches and dents from use.
:aintcare:
:like:

The LineX I had in my F150 was solid for the 6 or so years it was on.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:59 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:40 am
Solid possibility. It’s that or waiting.
Wow, this is a bigger mess than I thought it was...

I have one Lunar Rock TRD PRO coming in to my store in October, MSRP 50446. It's an auto and is available at MSRP with no markup or padded addendums. My next one will be an Automatic Army Green but it is already sold.

There is one manual Lunar Rock in allocation status in the North East (Maine to Maryland and as far in as Ohio). It's pre-sold and has pretty much every option available. It gets built 2nd week of October. There are about 15 manual Lunar Rock's in the country right now, 4 on the ground and 11 scheduled to be built going into October.

Post COVID, Toyota has changed their process for TRD PRO's and now allocates them to regions solely based off national sales volume, then the regions allocate them to dealers based off regional volume. Much of the inventory is going West as a result of this. They also canceled BOS/Pre-Production changes for TRD PRO's and it's very much a case of you get what you get with these things now. I can't even have them add a set of floor mats if I wanted to, let alone change color or trans type if I get an allocation in and don't want it the way they want to build it...

Basically a dealer has to take an order with a deposit to then tell the region we have a confirmed order. There's one allocation cycle a month and it may take 2-3 months to get the allocation depending on how many manuals are built in that color. We can ask for a certain combination of packages, but won't be able to guarantee it comes in that way. We are a high volume store in a high volume region, but it looks like it would still take me 2-3 months to get one to materialize with a confirmed order.
Thanks for posting this. I do realize this seems to be quite a fking difficult thing to purchase at the moment
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pmWow crazy!
It is pretty wild. Such unobtanium. You'd think he was locating a McLaren.
:dat:

So much :amaze:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:15 am
fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:59 pm

Wow, this is a bigger mess than I thought it was...

I have one Lunar Rock TRD PRO coming in to my store in October, MSRP 50446. It's an auto and is available at MSRP with no markup or padded addendums. My next one will be an Automatic Army Green but it is already sold.

There is one manual Lunar Rock in allocation status in the North East (Maine to Maryland and as far in as Ohio). It's pre-sold and has pretty much every option available. It gets built 2nd week of October. There are about 15 manual Lunar Rock's in the country right now, 4 on the ground and 11 scheduled to be built going into October.

Post COVID, Toyota has changed their process for TRD PRO's and now allocates them to regions solely based off national sales volume, then the regions allocate them to dealers based off regional volume. Much of the inventory is going West as a result of this. They also canceled BOS/Pre-Production changes for TRD PRO's and it's very much a case of you get what you get with these things now. I can't even have them add a set of floor mats if I wanted to, let alone change color or trans type if I get an allocation in and don't want it the way they want to build it...

Basically a dealer has to take an order with a deposit to then tell the region we have a confirmed order. There's one allocation cycle a month and it may take 2-3 months to get the allocation depending on how many manuals are built in that color. We can ask for a certain combination of packages, but won't be able to guarantee it comes in that way. We are a high volume store in a high volume region, but it looks like it would still take me 2-3 months to get one to materialize with a confirmed order.
Thanks for posting this. I do realize this seems to be quite a fking difficult thing to purchase at the moment
No problem.

My GSM said he’d have no problem putting the order in for you. Drop me a line if you want to go this way.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Wow. The world must be running low on drum brakes.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:30 pm Wow. The world must be running low on drum brakes.
:lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:30 pm Wow. The world must be running low on drum brakes.
ba dum tss
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:mahman:
max225

Can anyone find me a vehicle that is more difficult to find ?

Special ordered Aston martins are easier to acquire :wtf:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:zing:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:38 pm Image

"Max I'd like to invite you in for a test drive" :lolgasm:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:45 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:38 pm Image

They don’t have any trd pros in stock, like :wtf: . It is the #1 taco dealer in NorCal. Usually at 35-60 units (all trims) in stock, with 11units as of this am.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:48 pm

They don’t have any trd pros in stock, like :wtf: . It is the #1 taco dealer in NorCal. Usually at 35-60 units (all trims) in stock, with 11units as of this am.
I feel like the majority of these trucks are bought because people are now going to live their best over landing/off roading life
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The Toyota dealer in our area is a nice big recently built facility, and there's maybe 10 new vehicles for sale in the front of the lot. Mostly new Highlanders with a few Rav4's and one Tacoma that looks like a work truck type or something.

It seems like Toyota's inventory in general is in really rough shape right now. Though I am a bit surprised that every truck isn't a TuRD Pro. They seem to be selling and the margin must be crazy on them, either demand is higher than it used to be for them, or there's some constraint somewhere in the supply chain.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:53 am

The Toyota dealer in our area is a nice big recently built facility, and there's maybe 10 new vehicles for sale in the front of the lot. Mostly new Highlanders with a few Rav4's and one Tacoma that looks like a work truck type or something.

It seems like Toyota's inventory in general is in really rough shape right now. Though I am a bit surprised that every truck isn't a TuRD Pro. They seem to be selling and the margin must be crazy on them, either demand is higher than it used to be for them, or there's some constraint somewhere in the supply chain.
All the dealerships here are chucked full to the brim with cars, trucks, and SUV's.
max225

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 am

All the dealerships here are chucked full to the brim with cars, trucks, and SUV's.
Plenty of cross overs everywhere. And sedans of all types
ChrisoftheNorth

Looks like Max should plan a trip to swamplandia!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:34 am

Looks like Max should plan a trip to swamplandia!
I do nationwide searches already. This is all due to the fact that I’m looking for a :unicorn:
250,000 tacos sold annually
5000 trd pros
500 manuals
50? In the color I like

I could walk into one of the 31 Toyota dealers in my area and get anything but what I want, plenty of silver Camry’s to choose from
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, they're all automatic other than maybe one poverty spec white work truck that's a manual.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 am Yeah, they're all automatic other than maybe one poverty spec white work truck that's a manual.
Because autos are better than manuals in almost every situation in a truck.

But personal preference is personal preference.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:04 am
Melon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 am Yeah, they're all automatic other than maybe one poverty spec white work truck that's a manual.

And no one can drive manuals. The fact that yoder offers them and they go as quickly as they do, offers a solid counter point.

The m6 is geared shorter and sounds better than the auto also, which apparently constantly hunts for gears. I wouldn’t do it in a fca product :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:08 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:04 am

And no one can drive manuals. The fact that yoder offers them and they go as quickly as they do, offers a solid counter point.

The m6 is geared shorter and sounds better than the auto also, which apparently constantly hunts for gears. I wouldn’t do it in a fca product :doe:
They go as quickly as they do because they don't produce enough to meet demand. There's no question that demand is there, the issue for most OEMs is HOW much demand is there to make it worthwhile?

Your numbers indicate that they produce 10% TuRD Pros with :manuel: which I find surprisingly low to make a business case out of. Generally closer to 20% makes the cut. But I think it's possible they're trying to juice margins as much as possible by producing more autos since clearly demand for the truck in general is beyond production capacity.