OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:41 am Good morning y'all.
:howdy:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:41 am Good morning y'all.
Morning row- :knot:

How are you and your family? Any :neat: weekend plans?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Sioux City South Dakota. I just gotta get eff out of here. End of October Meeting a buddy from college and going pheasant hunting with his dad for 5 days. The drive is 24 hours. Driving there would be fun. Two twelve hour days on the back end sent me to the loving arms of American Airlines. I have a $910 credit from a trip I had to cancel this month to Louisville. First Class to SSSD is $726. I'll just wear an N95 the whole time I'm on a plane Probably the cleanest airplanes have ever been.
Oh dang, I used to hunt up there every fall. What area are you hunting in?
TBD. I will post up when I have more deets.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Good ol summer weather.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:34 pm Good ol summer weather.

Possibly the worst weather ever... on in Grand Bend with this.... and London, ON for reference lol

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

We'll, autumn does start tomorrow, or Monday...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:49 pm Active Shooter at the mall by my house
Are malls open?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:49 pm Active Shooter at the mall by my house
Fucking hell.
We clearly need more guns in the hands of the teenage girls that frequent malls so they can stop the bad guy with a gun.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:51 pm
Are malls open?
They are here. :iono:
At least, I believe so, I haven't been anywhere near a mall since 2009.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:41 pm Before she's even cold...

The Republican nominee for Delaware Senator posted that right after Ginsburg died. She has since deleted it after all of the flak she received.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:51 pm
Are malls open?
They are here. :iono:
At least, I believe so, I haven't been anywhere near a mall since 2009.
Same. Every time I drive by the one by me, the parking lot seems rather empty. :ohwell:
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:20 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:41 pm Before she's even cold...

The Republican nominee for Delaware Senator posted that right after Ginsburg died. She has since deleted it after all of the flak she received.
Fucking hell.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Some dude put a can of cat food out for one of our building's "communal cats" (basically roams around but sleeps/is fostered by one of the tenants.

Came home from a late drive and saw an opossum eating from it. I did my best to move slowly around and as I am opening the apartment door I hear a huge thud. The opossum tried to hide/run from me and it basically went under the first step/stair going to the next floor, causing it to fall one story into the lower level below (outdoor apartment). I quickly ran to the staircase to see if it was okay, and it looked pretty dazed but it started walking again. Hid by one of the lower level apartment doors and then came out about 30 seconds later. I decided instead of it trying to climb up and potentially falling again which would certainly kill it if done a second time, I would bring the can of food downstairs so it can finish its meal.

About 2-3 minutes later after I explained to :tits: what happened it was gone, presumably ran off into the lower level picnic/ravine area. Feels :sad: because I did not want it to run/hide from me and I feel like if it dies due to the injuries it's partly my fault, even though I was basically hugging the wall and 15-20 ft away from it at all times.

If It does not die because of the fall, I would have to say it's probably one of the most random :wtf: moments that have happened to me in a long while.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:46 pm
4zilch wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Oh dang, I used to hunt up there every fall. What area are you hunting in?
TBD. I will post up when I have more deets.
:popcorn:

We usually usually hunted south and west of Mitchell on public land 99.9% of the time.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:21 am Some dude put a can of cat food out for one of our building's "communal cats" (basically roams around but sleeps/is fostered by one of the tenants.

Came home from a late drive and saw an opossum eating from it. I did my best to move slowly around and as I am opening the apartment door I hear a huge thud. The opossum tried to hide/run from me and it basically went under the first step/stair going to the next floor, causing it to fall one story into the lower level below (outdoor apartment). I quickly ran to the staircase to see if it was okay, and it looked pretty dazed but it started walking again. Hid by one of the lower level apartment doors and then came out about 30 seconds later. I decided instead of it trying to climb up and potentially falling again which would certainly kill it if done a second time, I would bring the can of food downstairs so it can finish its meal.

About 2-3 minutes later after I explained to :tits: what happened it was gone, presumably ran off into the lower level picnic/ravine area. Feels :sad: because I did not want it to run/hide from me and I feel like if it dies due to the injuries it's partly my fault, even though I was basically hugging the wall and 15-20 ft away from it at all times.

If It does not die because of the fall, I would have to say it's probably one of the most random :wtf: moments that have happened to me in a long while.
Animals are impressively resilient. I've watched squirrels fall 40' from a tree and just get up and ran away.

Still, not a great idea to be feeding wildlife around an apt IMO. Opossums are chill, but rats suck.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 am
wap wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Fucking hell.
We clearly need more guns in the hands of the teenage girls that frequent malls so they can stop the bad guy with a gun.
No casualties thank goodness
That's awesome, great to hear it. Did they apprehend the gunman/gunwoman? People bringing heat to a mall blows my mind, maybe I've been assimilated to think not having protection is :thisisfine: but I'm still not dead yet so :iono:

My bro has a few guns, maybe if I go to a range and snap a few rounds off I might start to love it but ignorance is bliss.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm up at the cottage to isolate with my older kid, the little guy caught something at school presumably but is doing better, went from flu like symptoms to just stuffy... wife caught it as well and she's back to normal after only a day. I'm strategizing what to do with us next, seems like neither of us are showing signs of getting sick so we either wait here longer or go to my mom's house and I get the older one to school tomorrow. Stupid covid tests taking four days is no bueno.

Staying up here for a few days would be pretty chill doe. What to do...?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:55 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:42 am I'm up at the cottage to isolate with my older kid, the little guy caught something at school presumably but is doing better, went from flu like symptoms to just stuffy... wife caught it as well and she's back to normal after only a day. I'm strategizing what to do with us next, seems like neither of us are showing signs of getting sick so we either wait here longer or go to my mom's house and I get the older one to school tomorrow. Stupid covid tests taking four days is no bueno.

We are on semi lockdown for the same thing here. Kids have those symptoms and I feel really really run gotten. Waiting on test results... I say stay up there!
Brutal, I guess the masks really aren't enough protection at toddler/kindergarden levels because these tots need to take them off a lot and just generally play within proximity. I was kind of hoping that all the separation would kick start September with little to no outbreaks.

I'm thinking of staying here too. It's not really a big deal and I'll be much happier with myself if this ends up being COVID.

I wanted to ask you how your sister and husband are doing? Any progress since you last announced that the virus was lingering in them with little to no improvement.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:54 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:27 am

That's awesome, great to hear it. Did they apprehend the gunman/gunwoman? People bringing heat to a mall blows my mind, maybe I've been assimilated to think not having protection is :thisisfine: but I'm still not dead yet so :iono:

My bro has a few guns, maybe if I go to a range and snap a few rounds off I might start to love it but ignorance is bliss.
I carry for work and my opinion is guns in the hands of the general public in a situation like this are absolutely no protection. You won't win that fight and you'll probably hurt or kill someone else. Most people don't shoot enough to be remotely good enough to actually defend themselves. Add in adrenaline and fear...
Oh man, I can visualize one or more scared morans firing and missing at the "bad guy" in a public forum. Fuck
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It's great to be posting from an actual keyboard this morning. :like:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 am
wap wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Fucking hell.
No casualties thank goodness
So it wasn’t a shooter then? Just someone with a gun ?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:42 am I'm up at the cottage to isolate with my older kid, the little guy caught something at school presumably but is doing better, went from flu like symptoms to just stuffy... wife caught it as well and she's back to normal after only a day. I'm strategizing what to do with us next, seems like neither of us are showing signs of getting sick so we either wait here longer or go to my mom's house and I get the older one to school tomorrow. Stupid covid tests taking four days is no bueno.

Isolate yourself from others for 14 days and get tests for the whole nuclear family. The guidelines are pretty clear here
razr390

Detroit wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:50 am
razr390 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:21 am Some dude put a can of cat food out for one of our building's "communal cats" (basically roams around but sleeps/is fostered by one of the tenants.

Animals are impressively resilient. I've watched squirrels fall 40' from a tree and just get up and ran away.

Still, not a great idea to be feeding wildlife around an apt IMO. Opossums are chill, but rats suck.
I agree. Like I mentioned it was originally for the cat and I ran into the opossum eating from it. After that fall I just wanted it to enjoy some more food I guess.

Our complex is weird in that it's situation within a huge ravine. Lots of terrain change and trees. Lots of small wildlife (usually they don't go near people).
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:24 am

Oh he's fine
Hoping so. I watched from my floor and he was sort of figuring out :wtf: just happened after the fall. He was a bit dazed and then he just walked along. Nature be crazy
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:03 am
[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:54 am

I carry for work and my opinion is guns in the hands of the general public in a situation like this are absolutely no protection. You won't win that fight and you'll probably hurt or kill someone else. Most people don't shoot enough to be remotely good enough to actually defend themselves. Add in adrenaline and fear...
Oh man, I can visualize one or more scared morans firing and missing at the "bad guy" in a public forum. Fuck
Not even that, but if cops show up to neutralize the threat and they see a good guy with a gun, they don't know whether that is a good guy with a gun and they just see a guy with a gun.

Especially with active shooter scenarios where ([user not found] and I were talking about this last night off-line) you often have multiple agencies responding to the scene. One agency failing to communicate something complicates that even further. Again, even in a public scenario if you are carrying you should only react if your own life is in danger. Otherwise it's just mass panic finger pointing and then someone might mistake you for the threat you were trying to defend from.