Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wow what a fucking cluster. It is impossible to buy this damn :truk:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm Image

Dat LoJack
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Jesus.

I walked into my local GMC dealership, gave them a print out of the build sheet, paid a $1,000 refundable deposit and 7 weeks later I had a truck.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225

Melon wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:42 pm Jesus.

I walked into my local GMC dealership, gave them a print out of the build sheet, paid a $1,000 refundable deposit and 7 weeks later I had a truck.
Yea can’t do that at Toyota.
I’m literally just trying to pay sticker :foreveralone:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I’m sure i can get you one at MSRP if you want to consider going this way, with pretty much no bullshit. Cross country shipping on an open transporter should be in the $800-1100 range depending on carrier, based off my experience when we shipped cars at Porsche.

Drop me a line and I’ll talk to my GSM if you want.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

We don’t do custom builds. Toyota builds to market demand from research studies, and allocates units to dealers. Dealers can “preference” units based off sales numbers, and can occasionally preference a unit with or without certain option combos, but ultimately to keep up with their “just in time” production methods, if they’re planning on building it a certain way, there’s no changing it.

When I sold cars, it was maddening at times.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Toyota quality is epic for a reason...

It's always funny when they hammer on us to reduce build complexity, so we remove options and the :dillerman: :triggered: so we split it back up later. I can't imagine the outrage if we took away dealer ordering, but it would massively simplify things.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:11 pm Toyota quality is epic for a reason...

It's always funny when they hammer on us to reduce build complexity, so we remove options and the :dillerman: :triggered: so we split it back up later. I can't imagine the outrage if we took away dealer ordering, but it would massively simplify things.
I see the light. Honestly this 250k mile taco made me a believer. Not one oil leak or seep. Runs like a sewing machine. Starts every time. I have had other cars with closer to this mileage and they were all worn to shit.
There is a reason these things are worth their weight in gold. And it isn’t as obvious until you experience it
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 pm

I’m sure i can get you one at MSRP if you want to consider going this way, with pretty much no bullshit. Cross country shipping on an open transporter should be in the $800-1100 range depending on carrier, based off my experience when we shipped cars at Porsche.

Really appreciate the offer. Which city are you in again ?

It :triggered: me that there is $1200 destination chArge and then I’m hiring my transporter after. What a time to be alive
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I’m at Team Toyota of Princeton, NJ and have access to inventory from my two sister stores around Philly.

Let me reach out to my inventory manager and see what we have allocated. You want a manual lunar rock pro with minimal option packages, right?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:40 am

It :triggered: me that there is $1200 destination chArge and then I’m hiring my transporter after. What a time to be alive
Nobody likes that destination charge, I feel like these transport trucks carrying 11 vehicles at a time don't cost an average of $1200/car and betting there's a mark up on that tag.

Still, all things considered the British-Escapee hook up is outstanding. I don't think getting a car is this difficult anywhere else in North America so considered the extra shipping fee from NJ to be a cali tax. You're getting hit one way or another.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You want what you want. It is what is. Pay the price. Shut the fuck up.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:30 am

Nobody likes that destination charge, I feel like these transport trucks carrying 11 vehicles at a time don't cost an average of $1200/car and betting there's a mark up on that tag.

Still, all things considered the British-Escapee hook up is outstanding. I don't think getting a car is this difficult anywhere else in North America so considered the extra shipping fee from NJ to be a cali tax. You're getting hit one way or another.
Destination charge gets these trucks on a carrier from the factory to the rail yard, shipping across the country/world to a regional rail yard, and then from the regional hub to a dealer. The ones in the southwest make up for the ones in the northeast.

Japanese built vehicles are factory to port via rail or truck, port to port via boat to either coast, then rail to regional hub, then truck to dealer. Not bad for $1k.

Have you ever done the math on 200 people on a flight from New York to London at $800 a head?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:58 am

Destination charge gets these trucks on a carrier from the factory to the rail yard, shipping across the country/world to a regional rail yard, and then from the regional hub to a dealer. The ones in the southwest make up for the ones in the northeast.

Japanese built vehicles are factory to port via rail or truck, port to port via boat to either coast, then rail to regional hub, then truck to dealer. Not bad for $1k.

Have you ever done the math on 200 people on a flight from New York to London at $800 a head?
Yeah I see what you mean about averages between domestic and international, and the cost of building a rail yard into most manufacturing facilities or having to transport to remote rail yard in cases where there aren't any. Good counterpoint Mr Fled.
max225

The point was that this vehicle would aimlessly traverse the country 2x. Not that the original charge is “too damn high”
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:33 am

The point was that this vehicle would aimlessly traverse the country 2x. Not that the original charge is “too damn high”
Ok gotcha. You considering this arrangement? It seems like a good way to get your hands on one.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:37 am
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:33 am
Ok gotcha. You considering this arrangement? It seems like a good way to get your hands on one.
Solid possibility. It’s that or waiting.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:58 am

My grandparents owned a business that unloaded vehicles from the rail cars to lots that were later loaded on carrier trucks and taken to dealerships. They had several all over the US.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Yea can’t do that at Toyota.
I’m literally just trying to pay sticker :foreveralone:
Oh dang, TIL.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:40 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:37 am

Wow, this is a bigger mess than I thought it was...

I have one Lunar Rock TRD PRO coming in to my store in October, MSRP 50446. It's an auto and is available at MSRP with no markup or padded addendums. My next one will be an Automatic Army Green but it is already sold.

There is one manual Lunar Rock in allocation status in the North East (Maine to Maryland and as far in as Ohio). It's pre-sold and has pretty much every option available. It gets built 2nd week of October. There are about 15 manual Lunar Rock's in the country right now, 4 on the ground and 11 scheduled to be built going into October.

Post COVID, Toyota has changed their process for TRD PRO's and now allocates them to regions solely based off national sales volume, then the regions allocate them to dealers based off regional volume. Much of the inventory is going West as a result of this. They also canceled BOS/Pre-Production changes for TRD PRO's and it's very much a case of you get what you get with these things now. I can't even have them add a set of floor mats if I wanted to, let alone change color or trans type if I get an allocation in and don't want it the way they want to build it...

Basically a dealer has to take an order with a deposit to then tell the region we have a confirmed order. There's one allocation cycle a month and it may take 2-3 months to get the allocation depending on how many manuals are built in that color. We can ask for a certain combination of packages, but won't be able to guarantee it comes in that way. We are a high volume store in a high volume region, but it looks like it would still take me 2-3 months to get one to materialize with a confirmed order.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wow crazy!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pmWow crazy!
It is pretty wild. Such unobtanium. You'd think he was locating a McLaren.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That's ridiculous.
Making me feeling pretty grateful GMC let me order mine.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:59 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:40 am
Wow, this is a bigger mess than I thought it was...

I have one Lunar Rock TRD PRO coming in to my store in October, MSRP 50446. It's an auto and is available at MSRP with no markup or padded addendums. My next one will be an Automatic Army Green but it is already sold.

There is one manual Lunar Rock in allocation status in the North East (Maine to Maryland and as far in as Ohio). It's pre-sold and has pretty much every option available. It gets built 2nd week of October. There are about 15 manual Lunar Rock's in the country right now, 4 on the ground and 11 scheduled to be built going into October.

Post COVID, Toyota has changed their process for TRD PRO's and now allocates them to regions solely based off national sales volume, then the regions allocate them to dealers based off regional volume. Much of the inventory is going West as a result of this. They also canceled BOS/Pre-Production changes for TRD PRO's and it's very much a case of you get what you get with these things now. I can't even have them add a set of floor mats if I wanted to, let alone change color or trans type if I get an allocation in and don't want it the way they want to build it...

Basically a dealer has to take an order with a deposit to then tell the region we have a confirmed order. There's one allocation cycle a month and it may take 2-3 months to get the allocation depending on how many manuals are built in that color. We can ask for a certain combination of packages, but won't be able to guarantee it comes in that way. We are a high volume store in a high volume region, but it looks like it would still take me 2-3 months to get one to materialize with a confirmed order.
:ludacris:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:41 pm That's ridiculous.
Making me feeling pretty grateful GMC let me order mine.
I did not know you ordered yours. :like: