Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:52 am
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:33 am

You got the VID. :pouroneout:
This bird was at my window too and it was just staring at me. Weird.
Most birds can sense craids.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Birds aren’t real! The .gov is watching.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Was it this motherfucker? Haven't seen him around these parts for a while... used to peck at the damn window everyday. Lol

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:56 am

:ban:

:trollface:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:59 am

Was it this motherfucker? Haven't seen him around these parts for a while... used to peck at the damn window everyday. Lol

That’s the Canadian government making sure you pay your taxes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:00 am

:ban:

:trollface:
:hue:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:47 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:22 am Here's a Wayfair story...

We ordered a 4 piece outdoor set...love seat, 2 chairs, coffee table.

1 box arrives after a few days. I open it and there's a bunch of broken pieces inside. Great. I take everything out and find enough to build the loveseat and table, but where are the chairs? :tits: calls customer service to let them know, and they tell us to leave it all on the porch and FedEx would come take it. She explains that it's a broken mess of pieces and there's no way we can really rebox it, they claim "it's ok, FedEx will take it". :tits: goes :triggered: and says she doesn't want a bunch of broken furniture pieces sitting on the porch for who knows how long, a manager got involved and eventually told us to just throw it all away. They refunded our money because they "couldn't find the chairs, they should be there".

Well, I'm resourceful and used wood glue and clamps to fix the broken pieces and assemble the couch and table because I'd rather use them then them end up in a landfill. Cool.

A full month later, a box shows up, and it's the chairs! :notsure: :tits: calls Wayfair to make sure we weren't charged or something. They said they have no record of our order after it was cancelled and refunded and that the chairs shouldn't be there. Because the order was cancelled, they had no way to return the chairs, so they said to throw them away.

:wat: :mindblown:

So again, to not contribute more to the landfill, I built the chairs and we still use the set to this day.
:wow; :ludacris:
Guess I'm not the only one who had a :wtf: experience with them. Well, now I hope I don't hear from them on Monday. :popcorn:
Clearly they don't really stock much themselves and instead have some sort of agreements with suppliers that drop ship. They must not be on the hook for products that get sent when not ordered or something, there's probably some sort of insurance or type agreement that accommodates for these issues. We've had this happen to us a few times now.

Assuming they don't stock items themselves, they probably have really low overhead and can absorb these sorts of "losses' without much impact. Most of the products are pretty crappy anyway, so the margins must be strong.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

:lol: :caspian:
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:05 am

Guess I'm not the only one who had a :wtf: experience with them. Well, now I hope I don't hear from them on Monday. :popcorn:
Clearly they don't really stock much themselves and instead have some sort of agreements with suppliers that drop ship. They must not be on the hook for products that get sent when not ordered or something, there's probably some sort of insurance or type agreement that accommodates for these issues. We've had this happen to us a few times now.

Assuming they don't stock items themselves, they probably have really low overhead and can absorb these sorts of "losses' without much impact. Most of the products are pretty crappy anyway, so the margins must be strong.
Yea, you might be right. As varied as their products are, I can't imagine they stock them all, or any for that matter.

I haven't bought much from them, not likely to buy much in the future.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:01 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:59 am

That’s the Canadian government making sure you pay your taxes.
I just completed my corporate bookkeeping yesterday! I guess since this spy bird isn't coming around lately all is well? :popcorn:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I booked the Howard Johnson, cheap AF, I'll used the extra budget for a decent steak dinner.
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:20 am I booked the Howard Johnson, cheap AF, I'll used the extra budget for a decent steak dinner.
:like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This. It's not a "real" company its some sort of middleman/overstock thing.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Tarspin wrote:I booked the Howard Johnson, cheap AF, I'll used the extra budget for a decent steak dinner.
:notbad:

I was going to say that if you only need a bed then grab whichever place is the most conveniently located and be done.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:29 am

This. It's not a "real" company its some sort of middleman/overstock thing.
Ironically perhaps, we've had better luck shopping at Overstock.com than Wayfare.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:20 am I booked the Howard Johnson, cheap AF, I'll used the extra budget for a decent steak dinner.
:fancy: :meat: FTW!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 am
Tarspin wrote:I booked the Howard Johnson, cheap AF, I'll used the extra budget for a decent steak dinner.
:notbad:

I was going to say that if you only need a bed then grab whichever place is the most conveniently located and be done.
They have a Toyota rate of $72+tax/night ($13 off) and I'm budgeted for $120. The trade off is minimal, a better hvac system and sheets that get washed in a fairly appealing soap vs bulk no-name stuff with no smell.

No matter where I stay, I'll probably keep my travel bag on a hard surface to avoid picking up critters if there are any and I always check the seams of mattresses for any stains or signs of bedbugs. Same risks in any hotel IMO.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:doge: always finds the cozy spots :wub:

Apex

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:43 am :doge: always finds the cozy spots :wub:

:wub:
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 am :notbad:

They have a Toyota rate of $72+tax/night ($13 off) and I'm budgeted for $120. The trade off is minimal, a better hvac system and sheets that get washed in a fairly appealing soap vs bulk no-name stuff with no smell.

No matter where I stay, I'll probably keep my travel bag on a hard surface to avoid picking up critters if there are any and I always check the seams of mattresses for any stains or signs of bedbugs. Same risks in any hotel IMO.
Wow that is cheap. I don't know if I've seen a hotel under $100 USD in years. Bumfuckville Corning starts at $100.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:49 am
Tarspin wrote:

Wow that is cheap. I don't know if I've seen a hotel under $100 USD in years. Bumfuckville Corning starts at $100.
So cheap! Windsor is a weird spot for prices, housing is like 25% of Toronto yet it has a vibrant manufacturing base, university, and peripherals like retail sectors all doing well. I'd probably be between $109 and $159 near Toronto for a budget stay. Curious to see how it is up kept.
troyguitar

I liked Windsor in the little bit of time I spent there but it was 15 years ago and only a couple of days.

London, Ontario was also nice for a weekend.

Both were basically crap vs Toronto :doe:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:49 am
Tarspin wrote:

In June when we took our little road trip around Illinois we were staying in Hamptons for around $85-ish/night. Might be 'Vid related pricing :doe:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:56 am I liked Windsor in the little bit of time I spent there but it was 15 years ago and only a couple of days.

London, Ontario was also nice for a weekend.

Both were basically crap vs Toronto :doe:
On my way back from there I stopped and ate in London and fell in love with the place. It has a really nice culture. I'd move there if work and family connections could be maintained. I think it's my new favorite but really like Georgetown which is where I've been living since November. Its close enough to Toronto without being in the city and it has a neat downtown area where everything is close but not congested. Still Toronto pricing though :(
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:42 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:40 am

:dat:

I’m off work today so gonna head to the gym this morning and then a little later we’re heading up to Long Beach to catch the ferry to Catalina Island. Grabbed a little hotel room out there for the weekend for Michelle’s birthday.
That sounds awesome broseph! How is the pooch doing?
A bit better. New flea meds seem to be helping along with whatever the other medication is to make her skin not itch. Biting and scratching at herself is like 25% of what it was. Granted we still have her in a cone of shame most of the day..