Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Johnny_P wrote:
coogles wrote:
Indianapolis. Most of the MTB trails are just packed dirt, no real crazy descents or climbs. Southern Indiana has some more interesting terrain, but still nothing like you'd see in some actual mountains.
Get a cross bike to do gravel roads / single track / road all in one package.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes ... -e5/115672

Or something like that. You'll fly on the singletrack. All my friends are faster on their cross bikes than I am on my 29er until we get to a hill or a gnarly descent. If you don't have those, you don't need suspension.
This would also be great for you. My buddy Marty has one, he loves it. It's a road bike with 29er tires.

http://konaworld.com/sutra_ltd.cfm

Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote:Still no response from bike shop.
:rage:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:

Planet Shitness - cheap and no commitment.
I also have Crunch fitness near my house that's cheaper and easier to get to and able to do month-to-month with no commitment too.

I need a regular morning routine before work. Could do T/Th/Sa at 7AM. Run 2-3 miles, light lifting and legs, cool off and shower - would do wonders for my metabolism and fitness.
Crunch is less than $10/mo?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:
Crunch is less than $10/mo?
Barely. $9.99.

But more convenient location.
Only you would define $9.99 as cheaper than $10 for the sake of an argument.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
fledonfoot wrote:Still no response from bike shop.
:rage:
Bike shop emailed me back:
I'll get you exact ETA Wednesday early

Kerry
My response:
Kerry,

It seems pretty obvious to me that you have no idea when the bike is going to ship.

If you had called me and said "hey, the website was wrong and we don't have that bike in stock" and told me you had to cancel the order because of that I would have just chalked that up to "hey, that's life!" and moved on and bought something else, and been a hundred miles into it by now.

However, YOU were the one that called me and said "I'll send you a 2017 instead" and YOU were the one that told me it would ship "later on this week". By that reasoning, I made arrangements and sold my current main ride and was expecting the Orbea to ship pretty quickly. I'm only going by what YOU told me on the phone - and I took the orange/black color combo as a second choice to speed up that order process.

I understand you're taking a significant hit in selling me the 2017 at the closeout/2016 price, and I appreciate the gesture... but again, that wasn't something I asked for or demanded you do... that came from YOU without me asking. If you'd told me then it'd be a month to see a bike, I would have canceled the order on the spot.

Anything past Thursday for delivery just doesn't work for me. I sincerely doubt the bike is going to show up and ship out from you tomorrow, but I'd LOVE for you to prove me wrong.

Let's just end this now. If the bike will not ship from you tomorrow (Wednesday 12/6/16) and be at my door by Thursday, please just cancel my order and refund the $3,057.36 back to my credit card. Let me just go buy something locally, support my LBS like I should have done in the first place, and we can all just forget about this and go out and enjoy the trails.

James.
Johnny_P

:fuckyeah: :popcorn: you're gonna blow her doors off with that email.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: :rage:
Bike shop emailed me back:
I'll get you exact ETA Wednesday early

Kerry
My response:
Kerry,

It seems pretty obvious to me that you have no idea when the bike is going to ship.

If you had called me and said "hey, the website was wrong and we don't have that bike in stock" and told me you had to cancel the order because of that I would have just chalked that up to "hey, that's life!" and moved on and bought something else, and been a hundred miles into it by now.

However, YOU were the one that called me and said "I'll send you a 2017 instead" and YOU were the one that told me it would ship "later on this week". By that reasoning, I made arrangements and sold my current main ride and was expecting the Orbea to ship pretty quickly. I'm only going by what YOU told me on the phone - and I took the orange/black color combo as a second choice to speed up that order process.

I understand you're taking a significant hit in selling me the 2017 at the closeout/2016 price, and I appreciate the gesture... but again, that wasn't something I asked for or demanded you do... that came from YOU without me asking. If you'd told me then it'd be a month to see a bike, I would have canceled the order on the spot.

Anything past Thursday for delivery just doesn't work for me. I sincerely doubt the bike is going to show up and ship out from you tomorrow, but I'd LOVE for you to prove me wrong.

Let's just end this now. If the bike will not ship from you tomorrow (Wednesday 12/6/16) and be at my door by Thursday, please just cancel my order and refund the $3,057.36 back to my credit card. Let me just go buy something locally, support my LBS like I should have done in the first place, and we can all just forget about this and go out and enjoy the trails.

James.
You seem to be handling this very well. I feel like I would have far more :rage: going on if I was in your situation.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I've been doing everything I can to get the bike to actually ship. For the money, it's a fucking hell of a :dill: $3k shipped for a 2017 model full M8000 XT build bike with Fox Factory suspension is a steal.

Problem is, they've stolen $3k from me so far. I can get another vendor (JensonUSA) to do $3290 shipped for the same bike as a backup, but it's a special order with them.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote:I've been doing everything I can to get the bike to actually ship. For the money, it's a fucking hell of a :dill: $3k shipped for a 2017 model full M8000 XT build bike with Fox Factory suspension is a steal.

Problem is, they've stolen $3k from me so far. I can get another vendor (JensonUSA) to do $3290 shipped for the same bike as a backup, but it's a special order with them.
Except Jenson is a solid shop.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

True.

They open up at Noon ET/9a PT. Let's see what happens.

I've decided to buy the Yeti instead if it's still available in a Large when I get the money back.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote:True.

They open up at Noon ET/9a PT. Let's see what happens.

I've decided to buy the Yeti instead if it's still available in a Large when I get the money back.
:popcorn:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'll then buy an XT 1x11 group next year sometime, put the derailleur and crank on the Yeti, and the cassette on the wife's Liv. I'll switch the SRAM GX stuff over to the Liv and they'll both be 1x11. Done.
Johnny_P

XT 1x11 is a great value as a drivetrain groupset. Like $350.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Still no response.

I'm drafting an email right now saying that if I don't have an overnight tracking number or refund confirmation by 9PM ET/6PM PT, I'll call Citi tomorrow morning and start the chargeback process.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote:Still no response.

I'm drafting an email right now saying that if I don't have an overnight tracking number or refund confirmation by 9PM ET/6PM PT, I'll call Citi tomorrow morning and start the chargeback process.
Send email and call them. Start chargeback process with Citi at 9PM EST.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Every time I call, they tell me they can't help me and Kerry has to. Then I get no calls back.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I also want a paper trail from the President/GM that I can forward to Citi to make the chargeback go though easily.
Johnny_P

Call and say you haven't received the product and demand a refund immediately.
Johnny_P

Any dope on that phone should be able to do that you don't need Kerry to do that.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:

Call and say you haven't received the product and demand a refund immediately.
The order is noted to direct everything to Kerry in their system - I was told that when I first made the calls a couple of weeks ago. My original order was for a 2016 model bike that was an inventory error. Kerry is manually over-riding the order to ship a 2017 in it's place.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Kerry just called me back.

I just got an :ohdang: offer.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote:Kerry just called me back.

I just got an :ohdang: offer.
In4Deets!
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

2017 Carbon version of the lower level bike. In stock. Costs me another $300
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Ended up with the bike that I ordered, shipping costs refunded and another $350 off
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So far I've paid $3k for nothing... :iono: