Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I also spent way too much money on a stupid car because I like the stupid color. :fullretard: :plac: :ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:33 pm
It is indeed the cheapest JT Rubicon in any color or mileage that I can find for sale ATM.

Even new with my pricing would be ~$1k more.
In that case, just :doit:

It still seems kind of shitty that the company wouldn't offer you a bit better :dill: as an employee, but I guess the idea is to keep you in a corporate lease, which does make a lot of sense - you're then up to date on the latest product and always in an "on-brand" vehicle. Plus they can probably make more margin on your used vehicle as they have already made money and can just sell it for new MSRP.
Yea, they want you in the never ending cycle of leases...I think the company makes good money on the program, which makes me :| but whatever. It is good to be in constant rotation of new stuff.

At the same time, by forcing people to spend their own money on vehicles, they pick what they want. I was offered a pre-production lease on the vehicle I work on, but declined because it would cost more than my JT and I like my JT way more. Probably the wrong thing to do, but it's not what I want, and I'm not at all the target market for my vehicle. I would have done it if it was significantly discounted, but no. Kind of :bs: GM gives away pre-production vehicles to people on the vehicle teams so the vehicles get driven and scrutinized. They have to be returned in 6 mos with physical check-ins with engineering each month, but still...free for evaluation.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:58 pm I also spent way too much money on a stupid car because I like the stupid color. :fullretard: :plac: :ohwell:
Color is more important to me than it should be.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:58 pm I also spent way too much money on a stupid car because I like the stupid color. :fullretard: :plac: :ohwell:
At least you recognize that you are gay.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:33 pm
At least you recognize that you are gay.
There is no question.

:sissyfight:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:triggered:

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Orange JT Lives Matter
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:49 pm
:triggered:

:lolgasm:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:15 pm Orange JT Lives Matter
:dat:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 pm Also, I don't know that I've mentioned this, but my wife and I exclusively refer to our JLU as "the Beep Beep" now.
As you should.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I don't know why it wouldn't be important? It is the single most noticeable thing about a vehicle's appearance/exterior. I get not caring if the car is a race car or something, but if it's just something you drive around in, liking the way it looks matters. We don't buy clothes, houses, dishes, or anything else that doesn't look good unless we can't afford one we like.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:58 pm

In that case, just :doit:

It still seems kind of shitty that the company wouldn't offer you a bit better :dill: as an employee, but I guess the idea is to keep you in a corporate lease, which does make a lot of sense - you're then up to date on the latest product and always in an "on-brand" vehicle. Plus they can probably make more margin on your used vehicle as they have already made money and can just sell it for new MSRP.
Yea, they want you in the never ending cycle of leases...I think the company makes good money on the program, which makes me :| but whatever. It is good to be in constant rotation of new stuff.

At the same time, by forcing people to spend their own money on vehicles, they pick what they want. I was offered a pre-production lease on the vehicle I work on, but declined because it would cost more than my JT and I like my JT way more. Probably the wrong thing to do, but it's not what I want, and I'm not at all the target market for my vehicle. I would have done it if it was significantly discounted, but no. Kind of :bs: GM gives away pre-production vehicles to people on the vehicle teams so the vehicles get driven and scrutinized. They have to be returned in 6 mos with physical check-ins with engineering each month, but still...free for evaluation.
:word:

This annoys me with my company too... I am supposed to be an advocate for all of these products, most of which I've never even touched in real life. They should be giving sales and product people products to evaluate and enjoy. That said, I give no fucks about the kind of stuff we build, so I don't really want most of it. I would take an outdoor TV :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:38 pm
I don't know why it wouldn't be important? It is the single most noticeable thing about a vehicle's appearance/exterior. I get not caring if the car is a race car or something, but if it's just something you drive around in, liking the way it looks matters. We don't buy clothes, houses, dishes, or anything else that doesn't look good unless we can't afford one we like.
I dunno, I spent my entire life buying cars because of the deal in any color that wasn't black. Feels weird to care about it now, but if I'm putting big money into something, I want it to be something I want. Just unfortunately that my favorite color on this truck is the most rare...mine.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 pm

This annoys me with my company too... I am supposed to be an advocate for all of these products, most of which I've never even touched in real life. They should be giving sales and product people products to evaluate and enjoy. That said, I give no fucks about the kind of stuff we build, so I don't really want most of it. I would take an outdoor TV :doe:
Right. I give zero fucks about what I work on, but I do a good job because it's my nature. I sure as hell don't want to pay to drive the vehicle, not because it's bad but because it's not what I want. I'd absolutely drive one for cheap/free, and I'd critique the ever living hell out of it, but I'm not paying major money to do that.

I got a :wtf: response when I declined, then sent the ordering dude pictures of my JT wheeling and camping with the subject "can the XX do this?" Oddly, no response.

It's the company's fault they hired me with my explicit background then put me on something so out of my wheelhouse. I'm not going to conform. I still don't 100% understand why they hired me, but that's a different discussion entirely.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:39 pm

Right. I give zero fucks about what I work on, but I do a good job because it's my nature. I sure as hell don't want to pay to drive the vehicle, not because it's bad but because it's not what I want. I'd absolutely drive one for cheap/free, and I'd critique the ever living hell out of it, but I'm not paying major money to do that.

I got a :wtf: response when I declined, then sent the ordering dude pictures of my JT wheeling and camping with the subject "can the XX do this?" Oddly, no response.

It's the company's fault they hired me with my explicit background then put me on something so out of my wheelhouse. I'm not going to conform. I still don't 100% understand why they hired me, but that's a different discussion entirely.
So you're working on the new solar powered Polara Donk?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Worse...millennial minivan.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Just put in a lot of cupholders and infotainment.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:16 pm
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think he's working on some CUV mom wagon thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Oh... I was right but you beat me to it.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:22 pm

There's clear market demand for it, and you'll see it everywhere, I just couldn't care less about a vehicle. It does look good :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:24 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:22 pm

There's clear market demand for it, and you'll see it everywhere, I just couldn't care less about a vehicle. It does look good :doe:
Yeah, nothing :wrong: with that but I wouldn't want to drive it either.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 pm Also, I don't know that I've mentioned this, but my wife and I exclusively refer to our JLU as "the Beep Beep" now.
:lolol: :fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:38 pm
Cornhole was a MAJOR reason why I bought the Blue Meanie. Still :wub: it.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:16 pm
And lots of usb ports.