OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:40 pm It's just a fire. There are fires every year. Sound familiar?
No it doesn't.
How many people have died in the fires? Show me the data.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:47 pm
max225 wrote:
No it doesn't.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:popcorn:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:52 pm:popcorn:
Don’t burn the popcorn!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:41 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:03 pm

That’s what insurance is for.
You don't understand how that works.
House is worth $100
Land is worth $100
No one is going to give you insurance for "diminished land value"

When shit goes up in flames, your $100 house now costs $150 to rebuild and your land is now worth 0. So you have "lost" $200 and you get $100 to rebuild something that costs $150 and will resell for $100.

Do you get your $100 insurance pay out and you can re build a smaller house or take the $100 and owe the other $100 to the bank.

You're fucked when it happens. And you'll be left on the hook for the land value to the bank. :gaydance:
Fortunately I live in an area that has already been burnt to the ground other than an occasional yucca tree. :science: Rocks and sand are not flammable. I was fortunate to be on the coast during what was literally hell here doe. 122 and smoky AF. It was 68 this morning, first time I've walked outside at 6 am and not thought about seppuku in a month.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:00 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:41 pm

You don't understand how that works.
House is worth $100
Land is worth $100
No one is going to give you insurance for "diminished land value"

When shit goes up in flames, your $100 house now costs $150 to rebuild and your land is now worth 0. So you have "lost" $200 and you get $100 to rebuild something that costs $150 and will resell for $100.

Do you get your $100 insurance pay out and you can re build a smaller house or take the $100 and owe the other $100 to the bank.

You're fucked when it happens. And you'll be left on the hook for the land value to the bank. :gaydance:
Fortunately I live in an area that has already been burnt to the ground other than an occasional yucca tree. :science: Rocks and sand are not flammable. I was fortunate to be on the coast during what was literally hell here doe. 122 and smoky AF. It was 68 this morning, first time I've walked outside at 6 am and not thought about seppuku in a month.
We have FMOKE? fog+smoke this am. The additional humidity from the fog was nice though... we certainly need it. Seppuku has been certainly high on the priority list every day this month.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:47 pm
max225 wrote:
No it doesn't.
I mean, he's right. AND fires happen all the time in CA. It's nature. I lived in areas that are no longer there because of fires, and dealt with fires annually. Being surprised by this is :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:59 pm Back in Texas! Landed in Austin and we were greeted by 63 degree weather. Feels so good after a week of south Florida heat and humidity.
:wtf: I feel like that is crazy cool for this time of year. :nice: :doe:

It is still :moist: :sweaty: here, but it's getting a little nicer.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:15 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:47 pm How many people have died in the fires? Show me the data.
I mean, he's right. AND fires happen all the time in CA. It's nature. I lived in areas that are no longer there because of fires, and dealt with fires annually. Being surprised by this is :lolol:
Well, to be completely fair, most of the fires are usually in SoCal. This year is particularly crazy which is something nobody can deny, PERIOD.

From fire.ca.gov:

ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:31 pm
Well, to be completely fair, most of the fires are usually in SoCal. This year is particularly crazy which is something nobody can deny, PERIOD.

From fire.ca.gov:

:ohdang: :impressive:

That is particularly bad, but when you live in a desert, it's hard to not expect it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

From fire.ca.gov:

:dat:

It's not really that cool of a thing to joke about. I don't think anyone here, whether they question the media's portrayal of COVID or not, has made light of people losing loved ones, their homes, etc due to the 'VID.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:48 pm

From fire.ca.gov:

It's not really that cool of a thing to joke about. I don't think anyone here, whether they question the media's portrayal of COVID or not, has made light of people losing loved ones, their homes, etc due to the 'VID.
There's nothing funny/joking about people losing loved ones and homes.

But at the same time, should you chose to live in these areas, it's a risk you're accepting to take. It's one of the many reasons we chose to leave that region.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:50 pm

But at the same time, should you chose to live in these areas, it's a risk you're accepting to take. It's one of the many reasons we chose to leave that region.
That is true I guess... same can be said for FL, Louisiana, etc. with hurricanes, but it's not always easy to just up and leave your home because there could be natural disasters.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

You're in maybe the most disaster-stable part of the country in the Upper Lower Peninsula, I would imagine. AFAIK you don't get many/any tornado's up there, it's geologically stable so earthquakes are not a thing, no hurricanes, giant forest fires aren't really a thing up there, etc. There are occasional nasty storms on the Great Lakes but if you're not right on the shore, or on a boat during one, you're pretty :like:

Correct me if I'm :wrong: , which I'm sure I am, because DFD.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:54 pm

That is true I guess... same can be said for FL, Louisiana, etc. with hurricanes, but it's not always easy to just up and leave your home because there could be natural disasters.
Of course it's not easy, but still doable. People whine and complain but then do nothing. So many fires can be traced to humans starting it...like WTF. That level of stupidity I just can't tolerate. I know there's other factors out of people's control, especially in Northern CA, but just pointing out that you accept certain risks based on where you live. I might get burried in snow and die this winter, that's my choice.

People should be freaking out climate change right now. The evidence is overwhelming at this point. Detroit was a desert this year, and areas of CA are on fire that aren't usually. This is not OK.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Of course it's not easy, but still doable. People whine and complain but then do nothing. So many fires can be traced to humans starting it...like WTF. That level of stupidity I just can't tolerate. I know there's other factors out of people's control, especially in Northern CA, but just pointing out that you accept certain risks based on where you live. I might get burried in snow and die this winter, that's my choice.

People should be freaking out climate change right now. The evidence is overwhelming at this point. Detroit was a desert this year, and areas of CA are on fire that aren't usually. This is not OK.
:thankstrump:
max225

What do you mean by "those areas"? I mean the entire US has natural disasters constantly. Pick one. This happens to be a year for the record books. Nothing like this has happened in the past.

Fuck if the super volcano under Yellowstone blows up tomorrow and blows the surrounding states to shit doesn't mean it is a good ol "i told you so" situation.
max225

Yea we should really blame thor and the 15,000 lightning strikes in 6 hrs. Fuck that guy
max225

Also apparently Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Arizona are all to blame also the entire states matter of fact.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:13 pm Also apparently Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Arizona are all to blame also the entire states matter of fact.
Shush.

You don't want to upset Unity.

max225

Shadenfreude is strong in here. :aintcare: was just sharing what the current situation was here.

But I am just going to note that if my "online" friends find them selves in distress due to a catastrophic unforeseen event. It will certainly be their fault and I am going to be in the right for telling them how stupid they are and how great it is where I live.

Ya'll are assholes (you know who you are). I'll make sure to treat you in similar manners.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Yes, I'm glad I got the approval to queue up the "I told you so" responses the next time there's a Tornado in Tenn. and my friends and their kids have to go through that.

If anyone wants to help me add to the list of zingers, I would appreciate it since I'm stupid for not realizing that the world is going to world no matter where you live.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:12 pm

Yea we should really blame thor and the 15,000 lightning strikes in 6 hrs. Fuck that guy
Climate change.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:01 pm

You're in maybe the most disaster-stable part of the country in the Upper Lower Peninsula, I would imagine. AFAIK you don't get many/any tornado's up there, it's geologically stable so earthquakes are not a thing, no hurricanes, giant forest fires aren't really a thing up there, etc. There are occasional nasty storms on the Great Lakes but if you're not right on the shore, or on a boat during one, you're pretty :like:

The biggest risk we run here is being buried in snow, but that's just part of it here. Just like fires are naturally occurring things in the west.

Climate change has made the last few years particularly bad.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:01 pm

The biggest risk we run here is being buried in snow, but that's just part of it here. Just like fires are naturally occurring things in the west.

Climate change has made the last few years particularly bad.
True about snow, but you like snow so I figured you :aintcare: , and with a concrete :haus: and a :jeep: and a :jeep: :truk: you're pretty immune. :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.