OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Melon wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:29 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:18 am

Miami/Florida as a whole tends to be way more humid because it is sandwiched by two bodies of water.

Houston is pretty comparable in terms of proximity to the ocean. SATX ain’t so bad. It’s hot, but not as humid.

105* in SA with 50% humidity > 95* in FL with 90% humidity.
Houston has a lot of concrete too which doesn't help.

Normally they're about 5 degrees warmer than Baton Rouge due to this.
Houston fucking sucks. Miami humidity is indeed brutal but at least it's otherwise a pretty cool place. I wouldn't really aspire to live in TX, but I would be OK with SA, Austin, Dallas, or even El Paso over Houston, that is the one large city in this country that is just awful.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Melon wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:05 am Texas is an enormous state.
I can drive from my house to Miami, or I can drive the same distance in the opposite direction, and not make it all the way across Houston.
FTFY
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:53 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:29 pm

Houston has a lot of concrete too which doesn't help.

Normally they're about 5 degrees warmer than Baton Rouge due to this.
Houston fucking sucks. Miami humidity is indeed brutal but at least it's otherwise a pretty cool place. I wouldn't really aspire to live in TX, but I would be OK with SA, Austin, Dallas, or even El Paso over Houston, that is the one large city in this country that is just awful.
I mean, it's a monster city. I'm sure there are good parts of it, neat things to do, NASA, etc... I just never found it (and never had time to try and find it). The traffic is horrible, urban sprawl, everything is a strip mall, chain restaurants like whoa, no walkability, and zoning restrictions kind of don't exist so it's a total hodgepodge of stuff everywhere.

COL is not bad depending where you live, gas is cheap, tons of jobs...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:52 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:08 am Well gentlemen, after being MIA for a while. I booked my flight back in, wait for it.....December.

My family is moving back here for good as retirement in a couple years (this has been in the discussion for a few years now) so right now we are looking to get a car here at this point, something we will share and worse than dangerously slow to :plac: standards (like a 1.0 Polo with DSG, 1.4t Golf or a Seat Leon FR w/ 1.5 150 hp with dsg, which I convinced on the Seat in particular). At that point if I just simply continue to live in the nations capital suburbs (which is very likely), chances are I may end up getting a 2-3 bedroom apartment (perhaps a small house with parking depending on where and price, because DC metro), so that when my family visits for couple months they can have a room to stay. My dad even thought of keeping the explorer that I can use for a daily/winter beater when he's not there or even considered trading it in for a CPO Lexus GX, so he can have his own car there.

I'm also currently in the process of getting a 3rd citizenship in Bulgaria, due to my grandmother. So I also have to learn a little bit of Bulgarian as well when they will interview me, which is in 2021 which I have to visit there at some point.

As much as I should be concerned right now, I try not to think much as much as possible until I can see predictable moments that leads to a positive direction, like when things resurrect from what instigated the Kung Flu.
I do miss traveling.
:dat:
:(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Is Waxer still around these days?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:53 pm Is Waxer still around these days?
He pops in every now and then.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yas
wap

Are YOU still around? :lol:
Answer: Not enough
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:53 pm

I mean, it's a monster city. I'm sure there are good parts of it, neat things to do, NASA, etc... I just never found it (and never had time to try and find it). The traffic is horrible, urban sprawl, everything is a strip mall, chain restaurants like whoa, no walkability, and zoning restrictions kind of don't exist so it's a total hodgepodge of stuff everywhere.

:iono: I remember the third or fourth time going there with one of my old bosses (cool English dude who loves drinking) we were like 'we have always hated coming here, let's try to find the good". We went out every night, tried something different, a different area each time... it all just sucks.

And I am willing to give most places the benefit of the doubt, I have enjoyed Cleveland, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Omaha, Des Moines, and all kinds of other places that aren't exactly destinations.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:25 pm

:iono: I remember the third or fourth time going there with one of my old bosses (cool English dude who loves drinking) we were like 'we have always hated coming here, let's try to find the good". We went out every night, tried something different, a different area each time... it all just sucks.

And I am willing to give most places the benefit of the doubt, I have enjoyed Cleveland, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Omaha, Des Moines, and all kinds of other places that aren't exactly destinations.
:word:
Milwaukee and Cleveland are under rated, IMO. So is Toledo.

Can't say much about the other places because I was a kid when I was there. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to Omaha. I'd try it, :doe: :iono:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:19 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:28 pm

I can drive from my house to Miami, or I can drive the same distance in the opposite direction, and not make it all the way across Houston.
FTFY
Hahaha. Yeah, Houston is a pain, but if you hit it at the right times, it's fine.
I need to make it that way to go visit my brother in Austin, but COVID.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:04 pm
Oh hey man!

Everyone is still here except a couple pieces of shit that I may have chased off.
War of northern aggression part 2. :lol:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:12 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:06 pm

And look who won again...
:micdrop:
Johnny_P

Oh hey man!

Everyone is still here except a couple pieces of shit that I may have chased off.
Wait what did I miss?
Johnny_P

:fax: ?
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 pm:fax: ?
Yarp
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'll represent the dirty south solo.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Me.

I have breathing room.
wap

Oh hey man!

:roasted:
wap

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 pm:fax: ?
Yarp
And :dubshow: apparently.
wap

:ohslap:
Apex

Melon wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 pm

Me.

I have breathing room.
:wub:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
wap wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:53 pm :word:
Milwaukee and Cleveland are under rated, IMO. So is Toledo.

Can't say much about the other places because I was a kid when I was there. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to Omaha. I'd try it, :doe: :iono:
Those mid-sized midwestern cities are absolutely underrated. Pittsburgh, the Cleve, Louisville, Minneapolis Metro, list goes on...
I would move to one of those if I liked frozen rust. Or Canada if they'd let us in.

Sadly in this country you have to choose between shitty climates and shitty people.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:40 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Those mid-sized midwestern cities are absolutely underrated. Pittsburgh, the Cleve, Louisville, Minneapolis Metro, list goes on...
I would move to one of those if I liked frozen rust. Or Canada if they'd let us in.

Sadly in this country you have to choose between shitty climates and shitty people.
Or you just :dealwithit:

I’m a firm believer that most people on this earth are still good, even if our ideologies are different.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:52 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:08 am Well gentlemen, after being MIA for a while. I booked my flight back in, wait for it.....December.

My family is moving back here for good as retirement in a couple years (this has been in the discussion for a few years now) so right now we are looking to get a car here at this point, something we will share and worse than dangerously slow to :plac: standards (like a 1.0 Polo with DSG, 1.4t Golf or a Seat Leon FR w/ 1.5 150 hp with dsg, which I convinced on the Seat in particular). At that point if I just simply continue to live in the nations capital suburbs (which is very likely), chances are I may end up getting a 2-3 bedroom apartment (perhaps a small house with parking depending on where and price, because DC metro), so that when my family visits for couple months they can have a room to stay. My dad even thought of keeping the explorer that I can use for a daily/winter beater when he's not there or even considered trading it in for a CPO Lexus GX, so he can have his own car there.

I'm also currently in the process of getting a 3rd citizenship in Bulgaria, due to my grandmother. So I also have to learn a little bit of Bulgarian as well when they will interview me, which is in 2021 which I have to visit there at some point.

As much as I should be concerned right now, I try not to think much as much as possible until I can see predictable moments that leads to a positive direction, like when things resurrect from what instigated the Kung Flu.
Glad to hear you're doing well, man! Sounds like you plan to stay stateside which is cool, curious where things end up. I know a few people who have flown during the 'VID and seems like it has gone pretty well/safely. I am still planning to avoid it for the time being, although I do miss traveling.
Sure thing dude. As a car guy Turkey sucks unless you're :waxer: (hell even most of the countries are like that) but for almost anything else (especially mtb, then hell yeah, cause there are a lot of trails, you just need to drive lol) and if you make a decent amount of money, its stellar. About flying with covid, thats one of the main reasons why I'm still here. Basically my advice, don't fly unless you have to or if it's doable with roadtrip, i'd much rather take that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.