OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

This is what kind of responses I feel like I get when I am screening candidates.

Went through 30 resumes yesterday that were 95% pure fluff and B.S. Got 50 more in my queue still.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:13 pm This is what kind of responses I feel like I get when I am screening candidates.

Went through 30 resumes yesterday that were 95% pure fluff and B.S. Got 50 more in my queue still.
And these are all pre-screened by the HR software yes?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:16 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:13 pm This is what kind of responses I feel like I get when I am screening candidates.

uhh.... sure they are.

Software issues aside, I swear that sometimes I feel like our internal recruiters are no better than the ones pinging me 24/7 on linkedIn to look at a resume of their candidate..... the guy that only has 1 year or experience and highlights being able to use PowerPoint and Word when applying for a Sr. position that says it requires 7+ YOE and specific coding skills.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:16 pm
uhh.... sure they are.

Software issues aside, I swear that sometimes I feel like our internal recruiters are no better than the ones pinging me 24/7 on linkedIn to look at a resume of their candidate..... the guy that only has 1 year or experience and highlights being able to use PowerPoint and Word when applying for a Sr. position that says it requires 7+ YOE and specific coding skills.
:wat: :fullretard:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:09 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:40 am It’s fun sitting inside as this storm rolls through. Sustained wind of 20mph with gusts over 35 right now. :notbad:
We had a bunch of storms on Sunday that were fun to sit on the porch and watch/listen too. Looks like the rain is gone for us now, but it's nice and cool here today which makes up for it. :fuckyeah:
This is a tropical storm/level 1 hurricane, but it’s still cool.
I do wish I lived in flyover country so I could go storm chasing some days.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:09 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:40 am It’s fun sitting inside as this storm rolls through. Sustained wind of 20mph with gusts over 35 right now. :notbad:
We had a bunch of storms on Sunday that were fun to sit on the porch and watch/listen too. Looks like the rain is gone for us now, but it's nice and cool here today which makes up for it. :fuckyeah:
It was 57* this morning! :megusta:
Gonna get back up in the 90's by the weekend, :doe: :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Do any of you know anything about at home speakers? Looking for a living room setup...
Bang and olufsen A9 comes up but it seems a bit pricy for what it is... any other reccos ?
MUST BE: Very appealing to the eyes. Preferably deep clean bass.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 pm Do any of you know anything about at home speakers? Looking for a living room setup...
Bang and olufsen A9 comes up but it seems a bit pricy for what it is... any other reccos ?

Yes, I sell this shit for a living.

Are you looking for a 5.1 system, just stereo, interested in architectural or only free standing stuff?
ChrisoftheNorth

I highly recommend WiFi systems...I love our Sonos setup.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:51 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 pm Do any of you know anything about at home speakers? Looking for a living room setup...

Are you looking for a 5.1 system, just stereo, interested in architectural or only free standing stuff?
Don't care for 5.1, or stereo. I want nice sound in architectural or free standing stuff. I.E the speaker becomes an interesting piece of furniture as well as provide good sound.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I'm not familiar with the :waxer: shit but my B&W bookshelf stereo speakers (DM303 is the model IIRC) are now around 20 years old and still sound great. They were around $200 used for the pair in 2003. Paired with a random cheapo Yamaha HT sub for a 2.1 setup it's pretty fucking decent. With a real sub they'd be fantastic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Don't care for 5.1, or stereo. I want nice sound in architectural or free standing stuff. I.E the speaker becomes an interesting piece of furniture as well as provide good sound.
The one pictured above is gorgeous, IMO, never heard them.

The high end Klipsch cabinets sound really good, IMO. They have a punchy high/mids for a more rock oriented sound.

KEF has some really interesting//modern looking units you will either love or hate but they are quite good quality.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yo, go vote for the :melon: mobile! https://129photos.com/#!gallery/25/image/726/DAV_3488

(my old car)
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

For good quality on a budget with good aesthetics and smaller foot print I like my HSU Research CCB-8's. Going to try their in-walls as the sides and surrounds in my ceiling for 7.1 in the new house, if there are no better options.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/ultra15-CCBpkg.html

The sub is larger than my old 2x Carver TrueSub setup, but has more fluid sound between movies and music.

For more generic stuff with no amp needed I asked the electrician to put power outlets in the corners of a few rooms 1 foot from the ceiling so I can put up Sonos speakers in stereo pairs and not have a power cord running down the wall.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:11 pm

For good quality on a budget with good aesthetics and smaller foot print I like my HSU Research CCB-8's. Going to try their in-walls as the sides and surrounds in my ceiling for 7.1 in the new house, if there are no better options.

The sub is larger than my old 2x Carver TrueSub setup, but has more fluid sound between movies and music.

For more generic stuff with no amp needed I asked the electrician to put power outlets in the corners of a few rooms 1 foot from the ceiling so I can put up Sonos speakers in stereo pairs and not have a power cord running down the wall.
While I am sure they sound great I am not really sure I want "speakers that look like speakers". I know strange requirement but those things are sort of ugly..... trying to have a clean and minimalist decor
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:05 pm I'm not familiar with the :waxer: shit but my B&W bookshelf stereo speakers (DM303 is the model IIRC) are now around 20 years old and still sound great. They were around $200 used for the pair in 2003. Paired with a random cheapo Yamaha HT sub for a 2.1 setup it's pretty fucking decent. With a real sub they'd be fantastic.
yea 2.1 is likely all I need, I am taking my JBL 2.1 into the living room, but I have another room that needs a speaker.

I don't think I can do sonos when I have https://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/wire ... rboom.html at my disposal
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:05 pm I'm not familiar with the :waxer: shit but my B&W bookshelf stereo speakers (DM303 is the model IIRC) are now around 20 years old and still sound great. They were around $200 used for the pair in 2003. Paired with a random cheapo Yamaha HT sub for a 2.1 setup it's pretty fucking decent. With a real sub they'd be fantastic.
yea 2.1 is likely all I need, I am taking my JBL 2.1 into the living room, but I have another room that needs a speaker.

I don't think I can do sonos when I have https://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/wire ... rboom.html at my disposal
Wait did you buy a :haus: already?
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:29 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 pm

Yes.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:14 pm

While I am sure they sound great I am not really sure I want "speakers that look like speakers". I know strange requirement but those things are sort of ugly..... trying to have a clean and minimalist decor
Gotcha... would 100% smallish good speaker every day over "okay" speaker that looks neat though. They pretty much disappear in a room larger than 12x12 when done right and you can get them in rosewood or black. Maybe you just want in ceiling speakers and a sub you can hide somewhere?
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Gotcha... would 100% smallish good speaker every day over "okay" speaker that looks neat though. They pretty much disappear in a room larger than 12x12 when done right and you can get them in rosewood or black. Maybe you just want in ceiling speakers and a sub you can hide somewhere?
that would be :neat: but I think I am not doing built ins... I have seen some decently mounted sonos speakers. I guess I should research that a bit more, because they blend in pretty good in white.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:31 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Yes.
:impressive:

Dat COVIDISCOUNT
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:47 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:31 pm

Yes.
:impressive:

Dat COVIDISCOUNT
:csb:
Paid a loaded JLUR over ask, no contingencies.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:47 pm :impressive:

Dat COVIDISCOUNT
:csb:
You really are a different species living in a different universe from me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:word:

I get that. I like the look of speakers, especially wooden ones, but I've always been a music/audio dude.

I hate SONOS because I distribute their shit and they are turds, but the product is good.

KEF stuff looks cool, but pretty expensive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:58 pm
max225 wrote: :csb:
You really are a different species living in a different universe from me.
You are so obsessed with money.