Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 pm

speaking of keeping clothes for a long time, I only kept probably around 10-15 clothes that are 5 years or older, a few being my gym shirts. I have this Hollister shirt I rocked in high school when I got it probably in 2007 and that thing feels like I just bought it, even has that teeny bit of that traditional smell to it. The quality is like no other, thicker than most of my t-shirts, pretty unique if you ask me, so I started rocking it more often. Recently I've gotten a few Hollister shirts, even the plain $10 ones and they feel like any other shirt. Fits perfect but that's about it, I feel like the quality is maybe going downhill where I can conclude this isn't the Hollister that brought me the nostalgia of my teenage years.
I feel like most brand’s quality is super inconsistent. My RL Polo stuff is quite well made though, I have multiple shirts from 05-10 range that still look good.
:dat:

Speaking of Ralph Lauren, I did some shopping at one of their Turkish stores, which also has a partnership at a Turkish textiles company, so therefore cheaper in the US. The shorts I've bought are completely different than the polo stores in the US and quality is top notch. Same with shirts, I bought a blank shirt recently right before New Years and some over here. Also for 5 items here in Turkey at their store, I only paid $80 bucks, which is a steal compared to the amount of you get.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:00 pm https://slickdeals.net/f/14214755-certi ... BarV2Algo1

Decent cooler deal

Just enter SLICK25 and the shipping page.
I have an igloo cooler I got at Wally World for $20 that keeps ice for 3 days in the desert in a black Jeep. MUSA too.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’ve got a retro style Coleman cooler. Only got to use it once so far, but worked well.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:50 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:00 pm https://slickdeals.net/f/14214755-certi ... BarV2Algo1

Decent cooler deal

Just enter SLICK25 and the shipping page.
I have an igloo cooler I got at Wally World for $20 that keeps ice for 3 days in the desert in a black Jeep. MUSA too.
Is it soft sided?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 am Also, WTF is up with all the "slim fit" shirts in the last few years??

Us fatties get no respect.

Unless I'm walking into Nordstrom or some other traditional store, I would have no idea of how to get a suit. I'm 5'11 208. 36" waist but very little Dunlap disease any more. All of these mailings I get for men's suits..........all of these models are like male waifs. 135 lbs sopping wet straight up refugee stuff. And nobody over age 30. That's not real life.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:56 pm I’ve got a retro style Coleman cooler. Only got to use it once so far, but worked well.
Now you just need these.

SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:04 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:56 pm I’ve got a retro style Coleman cooler. Only got to use it once so far, but worked well.
Now you just need these.

:notbad:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:03 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 am Also, WTF is up with all the "slim fit" shirts in the last few years??

Us fatties get no respect.

Unless I'm walking into Nordstrom or some other traditional store, I would have no idea of how to get a suit. I'm 5'11 208. 36" waist but very little Dunlap disease any more. All of these mailings I get for men's suits..........all of these models are like male waifs. 135 lbs sopping wet straight up refugee stuff. And nobody over age 30. That's not real life.
Nordstrom suit buying is a solid experience. Got a nice Hugo Boss suit there two years back and they tailored it up nicely for me. I doubt I could fit into it now though. Maybe for a few months after the next time I shred down, but then I’ll likely give it to a friend.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Nordstrom suit buying is a solid experience. Got a nice Hugo Boss suit there two years back and they tailored it up nicely for me. I doubt I could fit into it now though. Maybe for a few months after the next time I shred down, but then I’ll likely give it to a friend.
Agreed. A crew of well paid long term employees who have done nothing but sell suits for...............ever. I hate the process so much anyone who makes me feel good about it.............price really doesn't matter.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:58 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 pm

I feel like most brand’s quality is super inconsistent. My RL Polo stuff is quite well made though, I have multiple shirts from 05-10 range that still look good.
:dat:

Speaking of Ralph Lauren, I did some shopping at one of their Turkish stores, which also has a partnership at a Turkish textiles company, so therefore cheaper in the US. The shorts I've bought are completely different than the polo stores in the US and quality is top notch. Same with shirts, I bought a blank shirt recently right before New Years and some over here. Also for 5 items here in Turkey at their store, I only paid $80 bucks, which is a steal compared to the amount of you get.
:notbad: dem :dill:

Everything over here but gas and Taco Bell $5 Box is pretty much +20% due to the 'VID.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Agreed. A crew of well paid long term employees who have done nothing but sell suits for...............ever. I hate the process so much anyone who makes me feel good about it.............price really doesn't matter.
:dat: it was the most expensive suit I’ve bought ~$1k, but it turned out so good that I didn’t mind. Got some solid uses from it too, hit a gala, several job interviews leading to my current gig, and a few holiday parties.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I got a Jos A Bank suit for my wedding and the sales guy was 5/7, the tailoring turned out pretty well. Suits are one thing that seem to actually work for relatively thin people out of the gate though, 40L or 42L and I'm pretty good.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

This describes my experience 2 years ago getting a suit for my brother-in-law's wedding. I was dreading it like you couldn't believe but the experience went very well because the guys knew what they were doing and how to make it easy..
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:03 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Is it soft sided?
Nope. Aside from a shoulder strap I don’t see advantages to those? They don’t collapse to store...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Is it soft sided?
Nope. Aside from a shoulder strap I don’t see advantages to those? They don’t collapse to store...
Our RTIC one holds way more inside than a similarly sized hard on and it can be slung over the shoulder. I like it a lot for carrying down to the beach and such. But often times for a larger unit, may as well just get hard. We have an Igloo as well which works just fine.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Our RTIC one holds way more inside than a similarly sized hard on and it can be slung over the shoulder. I like it a lot for carrying down to the beach and such. But often times for a larger unit, may as well just get hard. We have an Igloo as well which works just fine.
:hubba:
Johnny_P

Ah. Neat.
Johnny_P

Julian Rhys
7/27 @ 11:35 AM
7 lb 4 oz
Momma is doing ok. Recovering and learning how to feed. Last night was awful but we are figuring it out.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:impressive:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:44 pm Image

Julian Rhys
7 lb 4 oz
Momma is doing ok. Recovering and learning how to feed. Last night was awful but we are figuring it out.
:like: :like:

Chillin like a boss.

Congrats to you both.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Julian Rhys
7 lb 4 oz
Fantastic. Congratulations.
SAWCE

Julian Rhys
7 lb 4 oz
Congrats dude!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Julian Rhys
7 lb 4 oz
Congrats!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Is it soft sided?
In the :poorvette: hatch or passenger footwells I prefer soft sided.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Julian Rhys
7 lb 4 oz
:ohdang:

Congrats JP!