OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Morning y'all, heading to a testing drive through clinic this AM. Feeling a little off, headache/light headedness didn't go away but I can still smell and taste and no fever. Lingering sore throat makes this whole thing multi-sympyomatic :doe:

I'm kind of pissed that I might not get results for five days depending on volume of testing, but I'm going to stay positive and assume that I probably don't have the Vid, there are around a 100 new cases per day in Ontario right now, chances are that I am good. Little consolation to my guests if I do end up testing positive. 😬
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:42 am Morning y'all, heading to a testing drive through clinic this AM. Feeling a little off, headache/light headedness didn't go away but I can still smell and taste and no fever. Lingering sore throat makes this whole thing multi-sympyomatic :doe:

I'm kind of pissed that I might not get results for five days depending on volume of testing, but I'm going to stay positive and assume that I probably don't have the Vid, there are around a 100 new cases per day in Ontario right now, chances are that I am good. Little consolation to my guests if I do end up testing positive. 😬
Sending out a warning text to the guests before they arrive?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:38 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:42 am Morning y'all, heading to a testing drive through clinic this AM. Feeling a little off, headache/light headedness didn't go away but I can still smell and taste and no fever. Lingering sore throat makes this whole thing multi-sympyomatic :doe:

Yeah man, absolutely! It is going to mess things up though, I doubt anyone will show up. We still have until tomorrow for the friends gathering so I'll wait until tomorrow to see if anything changes.

It should probably read something like this:

Hi all! We are all excited about Adam's bday, just want to let you all know that I woke up feeling achy clammy yesterday, so far no fever/cough/loss of taste/smells for two days straight, it might be the side effect of poor sleep and an injured knee. We want to make sure that you guys are aware of the situation and understand if you want to keep your distance at this time! We are still going ahead with the bday party. Preventative measures will be in place such as a mask worn by yours truly, and spares to hand out if someone wishes to have one.

Thoughts?

Here now and hoping it is a quick turn around for results. :sad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

First time for something like this... taking pictures like a tourist haha

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

TBH mang I wouldn’t host any get together with “friends/strangers” if you have any symptoms. At this point you might not have the ‘Vid but whatever you’re dealing with could make you more likely/exposed to it should maybe whoever comes to the party be asymptomatic etc.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:50 am TBH mang I wouldn’t host any get together with “friends/strangers” if you have any symptoms. At this point you might not have the ‘Vid but whatever you’re dealing with could make you more likely/exposed to it should maybe whoever comes to the party be asymptomatic etc.
Yeah we are weighing the options. I currently have no symptoms, headache is gone, aches are gone, tiredness gone.. if this was the VID or any virus it couldn't go away after just one day. It's stressful but we have until tomorrow to pull the plug on the party and if I wake up by then feeling this good still then we should probably chalk it up to me having shitty sleep and feeling the pain of my knee.

If we DO go ahead, we are going to separate people's seating in the backyard and have designated washrooms for the guests to use, and any prep work for food etc will be done with masks and gloves in advance. It was originally an outdoor gathering with social distancing measure in place anyways, kind of a backyard/pool party only thing.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The nurse knows my sitch and put a rush status on my test results, should be incoming by tomorrow sometime. I really want the results before people show up.
razr390

No judgment but idk man a bday party for a 5 year old seems pretty bad of a reason to have a shit ton of people in the house/yard.

But that’s my $0.02. I’ll probably have a different opinion when mine is 5 years old
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:05 pm No judgment but idk man a bday party for a 5 year old seems pretty bad of a reason to have a shit ton of people in the house/yard.

But that’s my $0.02. I’ll probably have a different opinion when mine is 5 years old
Well before yesterday I'd have no issue with the group we are having over. Its 10 people in total, which we have been granted the okay to have legally. There are only between 100 and 200 new cases in Ontario, and that includes 14million people. A few months ago we would not have had the party but things are working out in our favor.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My knee still looks fooked, that might be a bigger issue that I need to deal with. It is weird how it just kind of pops out of position :disgust: , but I'm not a fan of less then amazing knee doctors messing around with it.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:51 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:38 am

Yeah man, absolutely! It is going to mess things up though, I doubt anyone will show up. We still have until tomorrow for the friends gathering so I'll wait until tomorrow to see if anything changes.

Hi all! We are all excited about Adam's bday, just want to let you all know that I woke up feeling achy clammy yesterday, so far no fever/cough/loss of taste/smells for two days straight, it might be the side effect of poor sleep and an injured knee. We want to make sure that you guys are aware of the situation and understand if you want to keep your distance at this time! We are still going ahead with the bday party. Preventative measures will be in place such as a mask worn by yours truly, and spares to hand out if someone wishes to have one.

Thoughts?

I think that sounds good and then people can choose to take the risk or not :thumbsup:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:27 pm My knee still looks fooked, that might be a bigger issue that I need to deal with. It is weird how it just kind of pops out of position :disgust: , but I'm not a fan of less then amazing knee doctors messing around with it.
Dude, get a knee brace for that thing to keep it from popping in and out.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:54 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:27 pm My knee still looks fooked, that might be a bigger issue that I need to deal with. It is weird how it just kind of pops out of position :disgust: , but I'm not a fan of less then amazing knee doctors messing around with it.
Yeah man, I guess I'm at that age now :wap:

Been feeling normal today but it is still swollen and will probably be like that for a week. The shitty thing is that it popped out when I was lying down ready to go to sleep. I blew it out at work 12yrs ago; fooked4lyfe
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:32 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Been feeling normal today but it is still swollen and will probably be like that for a week. The shitty thing is that it popped out when I was lying down ready to go to sleep. I blew it out at work 12yrs ago; fooked4lyfe
:whocares: about your age? If you need a brace, if it will help keep your knee aligned and in place, wear one. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:16 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:51 am

Thoughts?

I think that sounds good and then people can choose to take the risk or not :thumbsup:
Wife unit sent a msg to the peeps, I think one group is bowing out and one mom asked what the status today is.

So far I'm back to my usual form aside from a puffy knee which I'm currently chilling pool side.

I slept hard last night, and think I needed that. We are a bit more laid back lately because our numbers have been shrinking and kinda wipeout aside from 28 migrant workers, 28 people in Peel region, 50 in Toronto and 5 in York. I imagine that they are all front line workers or travellers. These are the good times, we don't expect them to last.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:42 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:32 pm

:whocares: about your age? If you need a brace, if it will help keep your knee aligned and in place, wear one. :like:
Yeah man, good advice... I'll look into it!
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:44 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Yeah man, good advice... I'll look into it!
:word:
Good luck, mang.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

wap

Hot and humid as fucking :balls: today.:disgust: Mowed the lawn and it wiped me out for hours. :gay:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:32 pm Hot and humid as fucking :balls: today.:disgust: Mowed the lawn and it wiped me out for hours. :gay:
It was a pool lounge day for us, even the :doge: got in on the action, :notsure: if willingly :doe:

wap

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:44 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:32 pm Hot and humid as fucking :balls: today.:disgust: Mowed the lawn and it wiped me out for hours. :gay:
It was a pool lounge day for us, even the :doge: got in on the action, :notsure: if willingly :doe:

:notbad:
How did the party go?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:02 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:44 pm

How did the party go?
It is scheduled for tomorrow. I felt great all day today and started feeling my knee get a bit achy about an hour ago so I think I'll take a tylenol or pour a whiskey but not both.

The pool was a fantastic relief for both my knee and the heat and we let the kiddos stay up late and roast marshmallows over a fire we lit. 5/7 day overall!
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:17 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:02 pm
How did the party go?
It is scheduled for tomorrow. I felt great all day today and started feeling my knee get a bit achy about an hour ago so I think I'll take a tylenol or pour a whiskey but not both.

The pool was a fantastic relief for both my knee and the heat and we let the kiddos stay up late and roast marshmallows over a fire we lit. 5/7 day overall!
Sounds :nice: :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Wow that was fast!! Less than 24hrs and a negative result. Kid gets his party today, my wife booked a fake spiderman to show up and do some thinks with the kids. Looks like he/she gets paid haha!

razr390

Tarspin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 am Wow that was fast!! Less than 24hrs and a negative result. Kid gets his party today, my wife booked a fake spiderman to show up and do some thinks with the kids. Looks like he/she gets paid haha!

Good news. While Spider-Man slings some webs for the kiddos maybe you can sling some webs with wifey :hubba: