OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm I don't know about those falkens specifically, but most tires seem to do better after a good heat cycle or two.
I wanted to try to heat cycle them and let them rest for 24 hours before the track but never really had time, nor is there anywhere to really get them that hot on the street. :ohwell:
:burnout:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

One of Sue’s clients gifted us a baby-shark toy that sings the song. :doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:41 pm One of Sue’s clients gifted us a baby-shark toy that sings the song. :doomed:
:nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Yes, but we were doing a complete overhaul of the ship and almost every system gets disabled during that. I’m guessing that one hadn’t been turned back on yet.
Oh. I see. Do they have any idea as to what caused the :burneverything: in the first place?
No idea yet. There have been rumors pointing to it being our fault and rumors pointing to it being the Navy’s fault. I imagine we won’t know until it’s extinguished and they can do an investigation, but even then with how badly it’s burning I can’t imagine that’ll be easy to determine.
Apex

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:41 pm One of Sue’s clients gifted us a baby-shark toy that sings the song. :doomed:
Obviously Sue did something to piss that client off..
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 pm
:notsure: :lol:

That song will be in my head forever now.... do do do.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 pm

:wat: song?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

wap wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:08 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Baby Shark.
wap

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:08 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:08 pm

Baby Shark.
:iono: Happy to say I have no idea what that is.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:09 pm

Baby Shark.
Don't Google/search it. You're :whalecum:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Baby Shark.
It messes you up for life. Don't :doit:

Sounds like:

:doit: :doit: :doit: :doit: :doit: :doit: :doit:

:doit: :doit: .......... :doit:

Then repeat until your brain dry rots and you become assimilated into a Trump supporter in this years election.

😀
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Don't Google/search it. You're :whalecum:
Noted. 5/7 will not Google. :nope:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:24 pm

It messes you up for life. Don't :doit:

Sounds like:

:doit: :doit: :doit: :doit: :doit: :doit: :doit:

:doit: :doit: .......... :doit:

Then repeat until your brain dry rots and you become assimilated into a Trump supporter in this years election.

😀
:disgust:
:nope: :nope: :nope:
:nope: :hellno: :nope:
:nope: :nope: :nope:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

One time a pregnant wifey and I went to a Mexican restaurant to eat. There was a family next table to us playing baby shark on repeat.... in various languages too. I didn’t even know they had it in other languages.

Worst restaurant ever
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:07 pm One time a pregnant wifey and I went to a Mexican restaurant to eat. There was a family next table to us playing baby shark on repeat.... in various languages too. I didn’t even know they had it in other languages.

Worst restaurant ever
Dem ear worms.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:20 pm :tits: has been wanting to see Niagara Falls actually... could be a :notbad: trip for a week, but I don't think she'll have time off until Thanksgiving :doe: and it's proabbaly freezing by then.
:doit: i went in July when I proposed. As someone that works in the water industry it's like :jizz: . T shirt, shorts, and skate shoes all day weather. I plan on retiring and moving to Canada.
Haven't looked too far into it but Id be happy to work up there. My california license ( because it's california ) basically gets me in anywhere.
:tits: would have to do a ton of studying to take Canada's bar exam due to the fact that a country has a ton of differences. States vary enough as it is.

Just got a haircut before Newsom shut us down again. He's trying to not get reelected :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

NeonJonny wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:20 pm :tits: has been wanting to see Niagara Falls actually... could be a :notbad: trip for a week, but I don't think she'll have time off until Thanksgiving :doe: and it's proabbaly freezing by then.
:doit: i went in July when I proposed. As someone that works in the water industry it's like :jizz: . T shirt, shorts, and skate shoes all day weather. I plan on retiring and moving to Canada.
Haven't looked too far into it but Id be happy to work up there. My california license ( because it's california ) basically gets me in anywhere.
:tits: would have to do a ton of studying to take Canada's bar exam due to the fact that a country has a ton of differences. States vary enough as it is.

Just got a haircut before Newsom shut us down again. He's trying to not get reelected :lol:
:word: I've been a number of times, used to go up to Buffalo for work and I'd always take a trip up, there is really good Indian food in Niagara as well, lots of locals came over from there. She hasn't though and was always :jelly: . It is definitely an :impressive: sight.

Wholeheartedly agree that Canada rules. It's really cold there though and houses are expensive. I don't think they will take Americans either :lolol:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:45 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 pm

:word: I've been a number of times, used to go up to Buffalo for work and I'd always take a trip up, there is really good Indian food in Niagara as well, lots of locals came over from there. She hasn't though and was always :jelly: . It is definitely an :impressive: sight.

Wholeheartedly agree that Canada rules. It's really cold there though and houses are expensive. I don't think they will take Americans either :lolol:
I can buy a bigger house in Niagara than what i paid for my house here. I'd actually come out ahead. Half a mil house with 1500 square feet was less in ciry of niagra.
Steam Whistle Brewing was awesome. Go Blue Jays.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

NeonJonny wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:45 pm

I can buy a bigger house in Niagara than what i paid for my house here. I'd actually come out ahead. Half a mil house with 1500 square feet was less in ciry of niagra.
Steam Whistle Brewing was awesome. Go Blue Jays.
Yeah, SoCal housing is also pricey. I haven't ever looked in Niagara, just Toronto and Vancouver. Vancouver would be awesome but a standard house is like $1.5 million versus $300-400K here in NC.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Wow didnt know they were THAT nuts. I only looked at a couple and they were comparable
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

NeonJonny wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:44 pm Wow didnt know they were THAT nuts. I only looked at a couple and they were comparable
Canada?? Yeah any DFDer would be a welcome addition. I wonder why American citizens don't have an easier time coming our way, usually we loose well educated citizens looking to make more money and pay less taxes by working in the USA, especially in medical fields.

If you have a 1.5h drive or greater to the Toronto city center then you will find houses under 500k CAD, so pretty comparable. Any little bit closer and the prices climb. The best you could do in the 40 min range is about 700k for a 1500sqft detached with car port, still reasonable since we get rates offered as low as 2.39% right now and renewing every 5 yrs.

The standard immigration process takes like five years and is based on points, so language, education, finances and career demand sway the odds. Weirdly enough anywhere in line with or south of Toronto is pretty mild and gets better weather then Buffalo. I think it's some lake effect, but generally we get amazing weather from late May until September, then it goes to hoodies for a week and get ready to dust off the snow tires, Halloween is usually near freezing most recent years and you might as well work a bunch of overtime since there's not much outdoor fun to be had unless you like skiing and boarding in Dec to March.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

razr390 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:07 pm One time a pregnant wifey and I went to a Mexican restaurant to eat. There was a family next table to us playing baby shark on repeat.... in various languages too. I didn’t even know they had it in other languages.

Worst restaurant ever
Just how many pregnant women have you been married to??

I'm starting to think I don't know you like I thought I did.....

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

+1 on the Canada train. Wifey and I visited Montreal and it was awesome. Super nice people and beautiful country. However, there is insane amount of wealth in big cities in Canada and likewise shit is also expensive there.

I'd love to retire and fuck off to Montana eventually. :eeyore:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I'd move to Toronto tomorrow but Canada doesn't want us. :thankstrump: