OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 am San Diego county closing bars and breweries again. Hope gyms aren’t next.
I wouldn't rule it out, but I think the bars and breweries thing is that they're realizing people can't handle themselves when they're intoxicated.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Here’s to hoping.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Wocka Wocka wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 am San Diego county closing bars and breweries again. Hope gyms aren’t next.
I wouldn't rule it out, but I think the bars and breweries thing is that they're realizing people can't handle themselves when they're intoxicated.
Shocking!

:drunk:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

I'd feel safer in a bar than a gym with people mouth breathing like apes any day of the week. I was literally just down there. People weren't really misbehaving except the ones on the beach. Maybe its because I didnt go to gaslamp area where all the dumb fuck toehead marines and 21 year olds go...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm dryer is fixed. #freefiddy
Oh you plugged it back in? :popcorn:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Owning a newerish house would be fine too. Old houses can eat it.
Our house is very reliable, it is like an older Camry. It's really just the yard + :tits: pressure that is :rolleyes:

:ohwell:

I am trying to convince the wife to say fuck it and move to a beach condo/townhouse.
if y'all are going to be dinks you should totally :doit:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:06 pm

Our house is very reliable, it is like an older Camry. It's really just the yard + :tits: pressure that is :rolleyes:

I am trying to convince the wife to say fuck it and move to a beach condo/townhouse.
My house is a senior citizen trump supporter. It looks maybe a little cute and unassuming, decently put together on the outside. Start poking and you find it’s full of bad decisions and half assed projects.
:lolol:. that's an amazing description
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:58 am

I kind of snapped last night in this regard.

Wife HATES when I take time to wash the truck. So the only time I get is when she visits friends, which she did last night. Excited that I finally get to wash the truck, I look around at all the new landscaping we planted and noticed it's dry. Apparently Michigan is now a desert where we no longer get rain, but hot driving sun in the low-90's with no cloud cover perpetually. We haven't had meaningful rain in well over a month.

I just saw money evaporating into the air, so I spent OVER AN HOUR watering everything in the yard, which it looks like I'll need to do every night for the rest of the summer.

I could install a sprinkler system, but that's going to be a ton of work in desert-like conditions. Plus, our water bill will end up being more than our fucking electric bill because despite record lake levels, our water is still :fullretard: expensive because reasons. I have to weigh if it'll cost more to let the new plants die and replace them in the fall, or water to keep them alive.

Just over it all.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:31 am

Wife HATES when I take time to wash the truck. So the only time I get is when she visits friends, which she did last night. Excited that I finally get to wash the truck, I look around at all the new landscaping we planted and noticed it's dry. Apparently Michigan is now a desert where we no longer get rain, but hot driving sun in the low-90's with no cloud cover perpetually. We haven't had meaningful rain in well over a month.

I just saw money evaporating into the air, so I spent OVER AN HOUR watering everything in the yard, which it looks like I'll need to do every night for the rest of the summer.

I could install a sprinkler system, but that's going to be a ton of work in desert-like conditions. Plus, our water bill will end up being more than our fucking electric bill because despite record lake levels, our water is still :fullretard: expensive because reasons. I have to weigh if it'll cost more to let the new plants die and replace them in the fall, or water to keep them alive.

Just over it all.
#teamnolamdscaping
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:36 am

Just over it all.
#teamnolamdscaping
Everything we bought is low maintenance and drought tolerant ONCE ESTABLISHED. So next year will be a cake walk, I'm just so over it this year. We already lost a $100 hinoki cypress.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

So the wife and I, independently over the past month or so, both had our credit card limits cut in half. Anyone else getting fucked despite using the cards regularly and having ~800 scores?
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:42 am So the wife and I, independently over the past month or so, both had our credit card limits cut in half. Anyone else getting fucked despite using the cards regularly and having ~800 scores?
Huh, interesting. I have no clue, I never check my credit limits. Will need to look, we're both over 800.
troyguitar

I think these were both Chase, at least mine was for sure. $31k limit down to $15.5k, 813 score, never actually used more than $5k and it's on autopay to pay the balance in full every month.

I assume it'll have a major impact on my score because I don't have a whole lot of other credit available. Keeping a bunch of open unused cards seemed dumb.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:42 am So the wife and I, independently over the past month or so, both had our credit card limits cut in half. Anyone else getting fucked despite using the cards regularly and having ~800 scores?
no but my limit is only 10k
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 am I think these were both Chase, at least mine was for sure. $31k limit down to $15.5k, 813 score, never actually used more than $5k and it's on autopay to pay the balance in full every month.

I assume it'll have a major impact on my score because I don't have a whole lot of other credit available. Keeping a bunch of open unused cards seemed dumb.
Just checked. We've got a card with Fidelity (through some random bank), and the limit is at $25k, hasn't changed.

Then we have the Citi Costco card, also with a $25k limit that hasn't changed.

We're also on auto pay to pay the balance in full, and spend ~$4k-$5k between the 2 cards each month...usually $3k on the fidielity card and $1k-$2k on the Citi.

Also have an amazon Prime card through Chase, but that credit limit is just $5k, and they haven't touched it. That card rarely sees over $500 in a month. Usually just a few hundred.
ChrisoftheNorth

Banks probably don't want to extend too much credit right now with all the joblessness and whatnot. Plus if your spending habits have never supported a high limit, they're probably readjusting.

Mortgages and car loans impact my credit score WAY more than the CC's. Our scores went up when we refi'd by ~10 points because we "completed" a mortgage.

The entire credit rating scheme is such a crock.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Just over it all.
Similar conditions here. Been watering the garden daily to combat it. Tomatoes are growing like crazy.

A drip irrigation system might work nicely for cheaper.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 am

Just over it all.
Similar conditions here. Been watering the garden daily to combat it. Tomatoes are growing like crazy.

Our yard is massive, I think it's beyond what a drip system can deliver, especially toward the back.

Our tomatoes are growing like crazy too...really excited to see how the fruit turns out. :megusta:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:10 am Banks probably don't want to extend too much credit right now with all the joblessness and whatnot. Plus if your spending habits have never supported a high limit, they're probably readjusting.

Mortgages and car loans impact my credit score WAY more than the CC's. Our scores went up when we refi'd by ~10 points because we "completed" a mortgage.

The entire credit rating scheme is such a crock.
:word:

I guess I do have the car loan now. No mortgage lyfe continues :doe: so all I really have is the car loan besides the CC's to maintain my score so that we might remain eligible for reasonable rates on everything in the future. It is indeed all a scam.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 am

Our yard is massive, I think it's beyond what a drip system can deliver, especially toward the back.

Our tomatoes are growing like crazy too...really excited to see how the fruit turns out. :megusta:
We had no rain at all for a looooong time this spring but it finally rained a bunch during the last ~week. Now it's just gray, damp, and cold. Nearly July and I'm about to put on a sweater in order to sit on the deck... :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:22 am

We had no rain at all for a looooong time this spring but it finally rained a bunch during the last ~week. Now it's just gray, damp, and cold. Nearly July and I'm about to put on a sweater in order to sit on the deck... :disgust:
I want the fucking in between. I don't want it cold enough for a sweater, but I want to be able to walk outside without sweating instantly.

The weather this year has SUCKED.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Ah. Yeah it would only work if things are close to one another like a garden or planter things near the house.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:22 am

I want the fucking in between. I don't want it cold enough for a sweater, but I want to be able to walk outside without sweating instantly.

Afternoons here have been good for like 3 weeks now, mornings and evenings usually still too cold. I think on average it's too cold in the morning here year round :doe: so that shouldn't be a surprise. IDGAF if it's 90 in the afternoon though, that usually means that I had a pleasant morning on the deck instead of hiding in the basement because outside was 55 (or less, we have seen as low as 40 very recently).
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am

Ah. Yeah it would only work if things are close to one another like a garden or planter things near the house.
Yea, I've got ~100 or so feet along the side of the backyard, then another ~30 or so along the back.

ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:33 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 am

Afternoons here have been good for like 3 weeks now, mornings and evenings usually still too cold. I think on average it's too cold in the morning here year round :doe: so that shouldn't be a surprise. IDGAF if it's 90 in the afternoon though, that usually means that I had a pleasant morning on the deck instead of hiding in the basement because outside was 55 (or less, we have seen as low as 40 very recently).
Mornings have been nice, that's for sure. Just can't really enjoy mornings because I'm working. By 5:00 when I can actually enjoy being outside, the sun is skin melting hot.
troyguitar

Ugh I wish we could know what the fuck is going to happen with jobs here. The :haus: we like is still for sale and way down in price, but we don't know whether we'll be stuck here, allowed to work 100% remote, or be fired in a month... all 3 seem near equally likely.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24-H ... 2050_zpid/