Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:57 pm
:lolol:

For me, it's just a :neat: :math: ...IDGAF about the financial impact. I paid 1.95 for gas at Costco on the way north on Friday.

What's interesting is it seems like my truck is breaking in? Or it likes this hotter weather. It's improved quite a bit over the last few months...It's doing as well or better than my ZR2 did in similar driving situations.
How many miles on the big dumb orange :jeep: :truk: now?

Maybe we should call it Trump... :hue:
:lolol: :gag:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:52 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:02 pm

How many miles on the big dumb orange :jeep: :truk: now?

Maybe we should call it Trump... :hue:
Turned over 10k yesterday. Has been flawless.

And so no, it certainly does not deserve that terrible name.
:yikes: Btw any rear swaybar end link issues, or is it just FORUM OFFROAD bros snapping them by posting excessive flex pics?

My dad's 300s has got close to 40k miles. 0 issues... Even though JD powers rated chrysler near the END of the list... :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Speaking of issues... anyone else with the :jalapenis: 2.0T have like a weird whistle noise for a fraction of a second on startup? I assume that's just the way it sounds :aintcare:

That is I guess my one complaint with the 2.0T, it does sound like :poop: That said.... this is my 3rd 2.0T from three different manufacturers and none of them sound good.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:26 pm Speaking of issues... anyone else with the :jalapenis: 2.0T have like a weird whistle noise for a fraction of a second on startup? I assume that's just the way it sounds :aintcare:

That is I guess my one complaint with the 2.0T, it does sound like :poop: That said.... this is my 3rd 2.0T from three different manufacturers and none of them sound good.
The only decent ones are essentially hype R and I guess my mini with the boom pipe
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:26 pm Speaking of issues... anyone else with the :jalapenis: 2.0T have like a weird whistle noise for a fraction of a second on startup? I assume that's just the way it sounds :aintcare:

You have everything for an :ellis: swap sitting in your driveway. Just saying.... :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:29 pm

The only decent ones are essentially hype R and I guess my mini with the boom pipe
My F30 with the Borla catback sounds decent... but still leaves a bit to be desired.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:30 pm

You have everything for an :ellis: swap sitting in your driveway. Just saying.... :lol:
:megusta:

I could also then have the only 2.0T eight speed auto :poorvette:
Apex

Don’t mind me, just checking out onboard air setups. :troywax:
max225

(Reuters) - In the midst of a raging pandemic, Belal Bilto, 26, a sales executive and a Manhattan resident bought a midsize pickup Jeep Gladiator this month for just over $48,000, lured by a discount of about $5,000 on the list price and a seven-year, no-interest loan.

For Bilto, who was laid off in March, and his fiancé Sabrina Moller, 28, a private chef, a car seemed a safer option to travel around during the virus outbreak. Most importantly the truck's purchase is a business expense for the couple to support their new boutique mobile catering venture, platedate.
:wtf: did i just read
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:13 pm
(Reuters) - In the midst of a raging pandemic, Belal Bilto, 26, a sales executive and a Manhattan resident bought a midsize pickup Jeep Gladiator this month for just over $48,000, lured by a discount of about $5,000 on the list price and a seven-year, no-interest loan.

For Bilto, who was laid off in March, and his fiancé Sabrina Moller, 28, a private chef, a car seemed a safer option to travel around during the virus outbreak. Most importantly the truck's purchase is a business expense for the couple to support their new boutique mobile catering venture, platedate.
:mindblown:

Guessing he was doing well if he was laid off and still managed to score the no interest loan.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

This is my dream life. Only my business would be stay at home astronaut. Or maybe mobile bike repair for charity.
Johnny_P

Wocka Wocka wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Guessing he was doing well if he was laid off and still managed to score the no interest loan.
FCA gonna FCA. He overpaid by $5k on the truck. They threw him the no interest loan bone. Either way he took some meat.

I’m laid off. Nissan loves throwing money at people they shouldn’t. Maybe I could get a primo discount and no interest loan on a GTR 🤔 It has a back seat, perfect kid and puppy hauler. Wonder if I can put a hitch on it for bikes. And a roof rack plus space pod for a stroller.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:31 pm Don’t mind me, just checking out onboard air setups. :troywax:
ARB compressor? For airing up/down at trails? :neat: stuff.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:07 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:31 pm Don’t mind me, just checking out onboard air setups. :troywax:
Yeah, dual ARB compressor for airing up/down. One company has a :neat: valve that you can set for the pressure you want and it’ll put all 4 tires there at the same time.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:59 am

FCA gonna FCA. He overpaid by $5k on the truck. They threw him the no interest loan bone. Either way he took some meat.

I’m laid off. Nissan loves throwing money at people they shouldn’t. Maybe I could get a primo discount and no interest loan on a GTR 🤔 It has a back seat, perfect kid and puppy hauler. Wonder if I can put a hitch on it for bikes. And a roof rack plus space pod for a stroller.
You could do that plus an instagram/YouTube channel of your adventures and get that internet money. :waxer:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I've now seen two different local whoreange JT Rubis with black hard tops. :mindblown:

Chris your people are all here I guess.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Iirc :waxer: had the complete opposite experience. Nissan :diller: tried some BS to get him a high interest loan. Pretty sure tow bar are available for them though.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:07 am

Yeah, dual ARB compressor for airing up/down. One company has a :neat: valve that you can set for the pressure you want and it’ll put all 4 tires there at the same time.
I've looked into this, but man is it a lot of money and effort for :notsure: convenience.

I use these to air down:
https://www.amazon.com/Teraflex-4807200 ... B006D9W5FA

I don't screw them on that far so the deflation rate is slow. I can screw them onto all 4 tires then check the pressure on the first tire a until I'm at the desired, then unscrew them all. Works great.

Then I bought this air pump:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000L ... UTF8&psc=1

And modded it by replacing the wiring with 10awg jumper cable from HF. It easily sits under my back seat, and sets up super fast...it also inflates rather quickly with the wiring mod. While it can't do multiple tires at the same time, it doesn't really matter because it's surprisingly fast.

I really don't care for deflators that remove the valve core like ARB or AEV, I've seen multiple occasions where the core gets cross-threaded when screwing back in, causing a nightmare when you just want to hit the trail.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:19 am

Iirc :waxer: had the complete opposite experience. Nissan :diller: tried some BS to get him a high interest loan. Pretty sure tow bar are available for them though.
Yea, Nissan doesn't do low interest. Their game is to approve sub-prime applicants that can't get approved elsewhere at phenomenally high interest rates, which is all profit since vehicles aren't THAT hard to repo.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:13 am I've now seen two different local whoreange JT Rubis with black hard tops. :mindblown:

Chris your people are all here I guess.
:ohdang:

I've never seen another one around here.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yep, ours sounds a bit weird on cold start too. :aintcare:

The sound really is the 2.0's biggest downfall. It's really not great, which is funny because this is the same company that made the 500 Abarth the best sounding car in the industry for a time.

The 3.6 in my JT sounds fantastic :doe: It's surprising actually.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:21 am
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 am

I've looked into this, but man is it a lot of money and effort for :notsure: convenience.

I use these to air down:

I don't screw them on that far so the deflation rate is slow. I can screw them onto all 4 tires then check the pressure on the first tire a until I'm at the desired, then unscrew them all. Works great.

And modded it by replacing the wiring with 10awg jumper cable from HF. It easily sits under my back seat, and sets up super fast...it also inflates rather quickly with the wiring mod. While it can't do multiple tires at the same time, it doesn't really matter because it's surprisingly fast.

I really don't care for deflators that remove the valve core like ARB or AEV, I've seen multiple occasions where the core gets cross-threaded when screwing back in, causing a nightmare when you just want to hit the trail.
Oh I agree it’s full :wasteful: but :neat: to have onboard air.
We have a similar pump setup right now and it does work fairly well.

I don’t want anything to do with removing cores, that sounds like a bad situation waiting to happen. But those little keyring caps look like a helpful air down option. You have to remove them to check the pressure, right?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:21 am

I use these to air down:

I don’t want anything to do with removing cores, that sounds like a bad situation waiting to happen. But those little keyring caps look like a helpful air down option. You have to remove them to check the pressure, right?
Onboard air is neat, but I can never justify the cost.

The screw on deflators are fantastic, and no...you don't need to remove them to check pressure. Just stick the pressure gauge over it as it's deflating. But I also don't screw them on far, so the velocity of air leaving isn't that crazy.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:37 am
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 am

The screw on deflators are fantastic, and no...you don't need to remove them to check pressure. Just stick the pressure gauge over it as it's deflating. But I also don't screw them on far, so the velocity of air leaving isn't that crazy.
Yeah, I just look for ways to blow money sometimes. :troywax:

That’s handy that you can check the pressure while they’re deflating. Could be a worthwhile $18 spend...
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:56 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:37 am

Yeah, I just look for ways to blow money sometimes. :troywax:

That’s handy that you can check the pressure while they’re deflating. Could be a worthwhile $18 spend...
If you deflate tires often, it's a really handy thing to keep in the glovebox. Much better than using some sort of pointy object.