OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:07 pm Is 200 Mbps good enough? I legit don't know or care. I watch apple TV stuff and prime and netfux. No gaming or anything.
Yes, it’s fine. Save the $60.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Wocka Wocka wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:10 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:07 pm Is 200 Mbps good enough? I legit don't know or care. I watch apple TV stuff and prime and netfux. No gaming or anything.
200mbps will do you just fine.
:dat:

You should be good to go with that Johnny.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:53 pm Verizon fios internet only
200/200 speed
$55/mo all in
Includes a free year of Disney Plus

Should I :doit: ? Currently have comcast and spending around $110 for internet and basic bitch cable TV local stuff.

Speed tests seem to think I have 45/6 speed right now.
I live with 100 down happily. the 200 up and down parady will be nice. :doit:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dryer is fixed. #freefiddy
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm dryer is fixed. #freefiddy
#renting
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I now have more pain in my left wrist and right ankle than I do in my elbow. Jammed the wrist and thumb really good when I clipped the tree. Had the ankle checked out again and have a grade 2 sprain with damage to the anterior and Achilles. Bruising has leveled out but I’m struggling to carry weight. Makes sense given I lost a shoe while being clipped in.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:56 pm
#renting
it's my dryer :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:59 pm I now have more pain in my left wrist and right ankle than I do in my elbow. Jammed the wrist and thumb really good when I clipped the tree. Had the ankle checked out again and have a grade 2 sprain with damage to the anterior and Achilles. Bruising has leveled out but I’m struggling to carry weight. Makes sense given I lost a shoe while being clipped in.
Youch. Hope you're feeling better soon, dude. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:01 pm

#renting
it's my dryer :doe:
:fancy:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

#renting
:jelly:

I miss the renting life. I think owning a townhouse is the sweet spot. Hopefully the :bs: pays off in the end... weirdly housing prices here are climbing quickly during the 'VID. I guess the haves and have nots are just getting further apart.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh you plugged it back in? :popcorn:
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:59 pm I now have more pain in my left wrist and right ankle than I do in my elbow. Jammed the wrist and thumb really good when I clipped the tree. Had the ankle checked out again and have a grade 2 sprain with damage to the anterior and Achilles. Bruising has leveled out but I’m struggling to carry weight. Makes sense given I lost a shoe while being clipped in.
Gnarly. Sprain is small potatoes all things considered. Glad it’s not a break too.

When I was in the hospital for my jaw the nurses and such were really concerned about my hand. Multiple x rays and exams and such. And I’m like. BRO I’m in the middle of the hallway with people literally vomiting after looking at me maybe you should be concerned about my face?

Ugh. The memory of that. Going in and out of shock. Pulling an ice pack on me because I felt like I was gonna vom. Then getting the shakes so bad I had to bundle up. It was horrible. They didn’t give me pain meds for 4 hours because they couldn’t verify what I was or wasn’t allergic to.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:44 pm

#renting

I miss the renting life. I think owning a townhouse is the sweet spot. Hopefully the :bs: pays off in the end... weirdly housing prices here are climbing quickly during the 'VID. I guess the haves and have nots are just getting further apart.
Owning a newerish house would be fine too. Old houses can eat it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:44 pm

Our house is very reliable, it is like an older Camry. It's really just the yard + :tits: pressure that is :rolleyes:

:ohwell:

I am trying to convince the wife to say fuck it and move to a beach condo/townhouse.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Ugh fuck dude. Hoping it gets better with each day.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Our house is very reliable, it is like an older Camry. It's really just the yard + :tits: pressure that is :rolleyes:

I am trying to convince the wife to say fuck it and move to a beach condo/townhouse.
My house is a senior citizen trump supporter. It looks maybe a little cute and unassuming, decently put together on the outside. Start poking and you find it’s full of bad decisions and half assed projects.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm

My house is a senior citizen trump supporter. It looks maybe a little cute and unassuming, decently put together on the outside. Start poking and you find it’s full of bad decisions and half assed projects.
Sorry I am laughing at your misfortune. But when you put it that way... :lolol:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 pm
Oh you plugged it back in? :popcorn:
:hue:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:06 pm

Sorry I am laughing at your misfortune. But when you put it that way... :lolol:
:dat: :lolol:
Sorry :doe: :(
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:59 pm
Thanks.

I really fucked myself up. A lot.

The reality is I’m 6 days out from surgery and doing way better than I thought. I need to take it easy. I tagged along on a Target run with the wife today because I’ve not left the house for anything other than surgery for 10+ days and wanted to get up and out...

A bit of a mistake. Within 10 minutes I was exhausted, the ankle was screaming and I went to get it checked out. They have told me repeatedly this is a long, slow recovery and I need to get that in my head.
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:59 pm

Thanks.

The reality is I’m 6 days out from surgery and doing way better than I thought. I need to take it easy. I tagged along on a Target run with the wife today because I’ve not left the house for anything other than surgery for 10+ days and wanted to get up and out...

A bit of a mistake. Within 10 minutes I was exhausted, the ankle was screaming and I went to get it checked out. They have told me repeatedly this is a long, slow recovery and I need to get that in my head.
Yea man, do not rush your recovery. Listen to your doctors and nurses. They know what they're doing. If they tell you to walk 10 for minutes, you walk 10 minutes - not 11, not 9. I got explicit instructions for my rehab and followed them literally to the letter and it really helped. They tell these things based on statistics and :science:
Good luck with your recovery.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

wap wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:30 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Thanks.

Yea man, do not rush your recovery. Listen to your doctors and nurses. They know what they're doing. If they tell you to walk 10 for minutes, you walk 10 minutes - not 11, not 9. I got explicit instructions for my rehab and followed them literally to the letter and it really helped. They tell these things based on statistics and :science:
Good luck with your recovery.
:dat:

The docs really do know what they're doing, for the most part.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Submitted a request for a refund for our season passes to Hersheypark this year. Sad about it, but definitely the right call I'm sure. I'm doubtful they'll be able to make it operating through the month of July before the state shuts them down.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

San Diego county closing bars and breweries again. Hope gyms aren’t next.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 am San Diego county closing bars and breweries again. Hope gyms aren’t next.
I wouldn't rule it out, but I think the bars and breweries thing is that they're realizing people can't handle themselves when they're intoxicated.