OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:09 pm Boss just told us that for some reason, they're instituting Summer Fridays, no meetings after 2:30 on Fridays for the summer. No hit in pay... :notbad:

Also apparently WFH could be more permanent...mgmt is "stunned" by productivity WFH.

I'm :mindblown: :fuckyeah: at this point.

Also, had to do a video interview for some projects at work to be shared with the company, so I stripped the JT of all tops and doors as a backdrop. Going to go cruise and will probably leave it "naked" for a while.

Best Tuesday I've had in ages.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
That's fantastic! Congratulations man! I keep laughing at these people that are surprised by WFH productivity. People are pretty great at saying where they want to work and where they will be successful.
After telling us about the mgmt surprise, he told us a story about his “friend” who works in “IT at a large supplier” that told him that they ran a report and found that 7% of their workforce “haven’t turned on their computer in over 3 weeks” so “we should be proud that we’re still working and being recognized”

:rolleyes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:09 pm Boss just told us that for some reason, they're instituting Summer Fridays, no meetings after 2:30 on Fridays for the summer. No hit in pay... :notbad:

Also apparently WFH could be more permanent...mgmt is "stunned" by productivity WFH.

Also, had to do a video interview for some projects at work to be shared with the company, so I stripped the JT of all tops and doors as a backdrop. Going to go cruise and will probably leave it "naked" for a while.

:impressive:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah: man that's tremendous!

Funny you should mention the noticed increase in WFH productivity. On our management call yesterday my alphaprick former boss, who is the General Sales Manager, commented on how he was pleasantly surprised by the increase productivity of our sales staff since they've been 100% WFH since mid-March. :notbad:

:jelly: of the summer Friday hours.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:29 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:52 pm

That's fantastic! Congratulations man! I keep laughing at these people that are surprised by WFH productivity. People are pretty great at saying where they want to work and where they will be successful.
After telling us about the mgmt surprise, he told us a story about his “friend” who works in “IT at a large supplier” that told him that they ran a report and found that 7% of their workforce “haven’t turned on their computer in over 3 weeks” so “we should be proud that we’re still working and being recognized”

:idbu:
:fakenews:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:56 pm

One of my wife's friends is the HR manager for a company here and she actually had to fire a bunch of people because this happened.

In my role all of our "activities" (emails, calls) are tracked, so I try to stay in the upper 30% or so of people productivity wise. Good enough to keep me off the chopping block, but not enough to make all the other sales reps hate me. We're on a team of five so I normally stick in the number 2 spot for activity on purpose.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:29 pm After telling us about the mgmt surprise, he told us a story about his “friend” who works in “IT at a large supplier” that told him that they ran a report and found that 7% of their workforce “haven’t turned on their computer in over 3 weeks” so “we should be proud that we’re still working and being recognized”

LOL definitely happened. I swear. My girlfriend just goes to another school.
:lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 pm

:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 pm

:amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:11 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:56 pm

One of my wife's friends is the HR manager for a company here and she actually had to fire a bunch of people because this happened.

In my role all of our "activities" (emails, calls) are tracked, so I try to stay in the upper 30% or so of people productivity wise. Good enough to keep me off the chopping block, but not enough to make all the other sales reps hate me. We're on a team of five so I normally stick in the number 2 spot for activity on purpose.
:mindblown:
I rescind my :fakenews:
wap

wap wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:11 pm

You calling Griff a liar? :notsure:

:trollface:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Went for a nice motorcycle ride today.

Finished up with a beer from my Tavour box that got delivered.

5/7 day.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:10 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Nah definitely fake news. Shit is tracked at big companies but it's not realizing it three weeks later, you'd see it in a matter of days.
:notwrong: This is a relatively small company that the chick I know works for. I don’t know if it was three weeks straight or what, but definitely an ongoing sub 5 hours/week online. I think it was a shockingly high percentage of their work force too; like 20+%.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hello

Wifey is doing Uber Eats to get out of the house a bit. She made like $75 in 2 hours... :notbad:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Went to the K1 Speed again since they've had a slow re-opening. I was super bad on the new track layout and after 3 races I am in the top 5 of the month :ohmy:

about 2 tenths away from track record.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

wap wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:55 pm

:fuckyeah: man that's tremendous!

Funny you should mention the noticed increase in WFH productivity. On our management call yesterday my alphaprick former boss, who is the General Sales Manager, commented on how he was pleasantly surprised by the increase productivity of our sales staff since they've been 100% WFH since mid-March. :notbad:

:jelly: of the summer Friday hours.
I was talking with a friend about companies noticing the increased productivity. We both figured that this could be attributed to the fact that there hasn't been much else to do in quarantine, a lot of people having their workloads increased during this time, and the general fear of getting laid off.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:27 pm Went to the K1 Speed again since they've had a slow re-opening. I was super bad on the new track layout and after 3 races I am in the top 5 of the month :ohmy:

about 2 tenths away from track record.
:narc: :stig:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:26 pm Hello

Wifey is doing Uber Eats to get out of the house a bit. She made like $75 in 2 hours... :notbad:
That seems like it would be cool if you were NFG about getting sick and lived in a real city. 5/7 would try.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:41 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:26 pm Hello

That seems like it would be cool if you were NFG about getting sick and lived in a real city. 5/7 would try.
I wanted to do normal uber back in the day, but couldn’t since my GTI was 2 door. Wouldn’t be worth it now in the Jeep with the shitty mileage.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:41 pm That seems like it would be cool if you were NFG about getting sick and lived in a real city. 5/7 would try.
I wanted to do normal uber back in the day, but couldn’t since my GTI was 2 door. Wouldn’t be worth it now in the Jeep with the shitty mileage.
Meanwhile, Lyft will let you chauffeur people around in a 1999 Dodge Status.

I took an Uber last year in a Land Cruiser. Could not figure out how that made any financial sense for the guy.

ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:28 am
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:35 pm
I was talking with a friend about companies noticing the increased productivity. We both figured that this could be attributed to the fact that there hasn't been much else to do in quarantine, a lot of people having their workloads increased during this time, and the general fear of getting laid off.
I think you're right on the mark. I've been preaching this at our company since we first moved to WFH. I think generally many people will.be permanently more productive WFH but once shit opens up, don't assume everyone will remain productive.
Some people are actually motivated being at home, like myself. If I get an assignment of some sort, I want to crank it out ASAP so I can go do something else. I can't fathom just blowing it off because I don't want to lose my job.

In the office, I'm stuck for 10-12 hours a day, so I don't really rush to get things done because what's the point if I'm trapped there anyway?
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:28 am I think you're right on the mark. I've been preaching this at our company since we first moved to WFH. I think generally many people will.be permanently more productive WFH but once shit opens up, don't assume everyone will remain productive.
Some people are actually motivated being at home, like myself. If I get an assignment of some sort, I want to crank it out ASAP so I can go do something else. I can't fathom just blowing it off because I don't want to lose my job.

In the office, I'm stuck for 10-12 hours a day, so I don't really rush to get things done because what's the point if I'm trapped there anyway?
All of :dat:

I’d be more motivated to get stuff done at home so that I could move on to something else I wanted to do.

If you make me come somewhere, I feel like I’d be less inclined to rush to sit around and do nothing.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

that's very true for task oriented jobs
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

It feels like half of my days are triaging what needs to get done now versus what can wait a few days/weeks.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Added up my overtime this year versus last.

296 hours to this point in 2019
341 hours this year.

So much for the “I’m going to work less this year.” New Years resolution I made.

Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:58 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:47 am It feels like half of my days are triaging what needs to get done now versus what can wait a few days/weeks.
Lol sounds like normal:

What needs to happen now
What needs to happen tomorrow/this week/etc
What can I ignore and see if it actually needs to be done or if it will just go away.
:dat: all dat.