Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqWuYc6d7-E

I'd leave the doors on if driving on the street, personally. Last thing you want is to be crusing around with your foot on the fender because jeep things and get in a roll over accident.
If you’re driving fast enough that a roll over is possible I’d like to think that most of us here would have the common sense to not have appendages hanging outside the body..
That was a 40 mph test
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqWuYc6d7-E

I'd leave the doors on if driving on the street, personally. Last thing you want is to be crusing around with your foot on the fender because jeep things and get in a roll over accident.
If you’re driving fast enough that a roll over is possible I’d like to think that most of us here would have the common sense to not have appendages hanging outside the body..
That was 40mph ...

Obviously there are other dangerous activities that are done daily... just increases the risk here, so :tits: isn’t exactly :wrong: to point that out
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:01 pm

The issue is keeping appendages inside the body in the event of a collision...

Still, I love driving without doors on.
Right. But people out there hang the foot out while driving. Yesterday the dude driving behind me in his X1, passenger lady had her foot out the window on top of the side mirror. Like you get in an accident that foot is a goner and you’re a peg leg for the rest of your life.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Right. But people out there hang the foot out while driving. Yesterday the dude driving behind me in his X1, passenger lady had her foot out the window on top of the side mirror. Like you get in an accident that foot is a goner and you’re a peg leg for the rest of your life.
People are :derp:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Yeah I see chicks doing that or having their feet up on the dashboard all the time. :derp: even inside the car on the dashboard you’re gonna get that shit snapped off if there’s an accident and the airbag deploys.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Yeah I see chicks doing that or having their feet up on the dashboard all the time. :derp: even inside the car on the dashboard you’re gonna get that shit snapped off if there’s an accident and the airbag deploys.
Kneecap to the forehead is going to hurt like a bitch.
max225

max225

max225

https://www.wflx.com/2020/06/09/live-po ... eld-beach/

WOW a real life crash that looks exactly like what happened with NHTSA. :fakenews:

max225

https://wsvn.com/news/local/man-in-cust ... rd-county/

:lolgasm:

He lost his freedom through the freedom panels.

:mindblown:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Just saw max shared it. I love and hate my old stomping grounds.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:22 pm https://wsvn.com/news/local/man-in-cust ... rd-county/

:lolgasm:

He lost his freedom through the freedom panels.

:mindblown:
apparently he is a suspect in the death of two individuals that occurred this morning in Fort Lauderdale
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Always nice to see how sturdy jeeps are, plastic roofs and all. I have not seen one that had the occupant cell collapse.
ChrisoftheNorth

It is impossible to have more fun driving to buy trees. :wub:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:19 pm Image

:fuckyeah:
max225

Love the :jeep: ! :fuckyeah:

QQ is the Home Depot a complete shit show for you guys?
After the lootings the already packed stores now have lines around the block :yikes: since some stores are closed for repairs.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Detroit wrote:Image

:tits: thinks they are atrocious. I love them. I just showed her this and went “Come on. A truck with no doors and no roof? What could be better?

I would like a 2 door version w/ a slightly larger bed personally, but that’s my only complaint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:45 pm

After the lootings the already packed stores now have lines around the block :yikes: since some stores are closed for repairs.
Riots were 20 miles from there. HD is perfectly normal. No lines, full stock of everything, the only difference is everyone wears masks, which I'm fine with and go along with.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:59 pm
Detroit wrote:Image

:tits: thinks they are atrocious. I love them. I just showed her this and went “Come on. A truck with no doors and no roof? What could be better?

I would like a 2 door version w/ a slightly larger bed personally, but that’s my only complaint

It's so ridiculous, I love it.

I've debated getting a 2 door Wrangler and a cheap pickup, but why? This does all that. So awesome.

Nobody would buy a NEW 2 door pickup, so that's the challenge there. Believe me, I've tried making the business case.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:10 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:45 pm

Riots were 20 miles from there. HD is perfectly normal. No lines, full stock of everything, the only difference is everyone wears masks, which I'm fine with and go along with.
Yea in stock situation is fine, but the 15mile away Home Depot’s they got hit started flowing over into mine. There are 5 within a 15 mile radius here, and 2 got looted. Caused the other 3 to start having some issues ...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:10 pm
Yea in stock situation is fine, but the 15mile away Home Depot’s they got hit started flowing over into mine. There are 5 within a 15 mile radius here, and 2 got looted. Caused the other 3 to start having some issues ...
I'm not aware of any in the city being looted. I don't think there was a ton of looting outside of downtown directly. And there's no HDs in the downtown.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Detroit wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:59 pm :fuckyeah:

It's so ridiculous, I love it.

I've debated getting a 2 door Wrangler and a cheap pickup, but why? This does all that. So awesome.

Nobody would buy a NEW 2 door pickup, so that's the challenge there. Believe me, I've tried making the business case.
Oh. Yeah. I completely understand why it’s not available.

It is absolutely ridiculous. Probably why I like it so much.

My bet is I end up with a Gladiator for a daily at some point (when I don’t drive so far) and she has a 2 door Wrangler.

ChrisoftheNorth

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:27 pm
Detroit wrote: It's so ridiculous, I love it.

My bet is I end up with a Gladiator for a daily at some point (when I don’t drive so far) and she has a 2 door Wrangler.

A big part of why I love my truck is it makes me feel like I'm 5 years old again. A Jeep with all the shit coming off and a bed on the back and a bright ass color is totally something I would have built with my erector set.

I can admit it looks funny (though the Rubicon looks best with big tires), but it's just too much fun for me to care. I really don't want to let this thing go.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:38 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:27 pm

A big part of why I love my truck is it makes me feel like I'm 5 years old again. A Jeep with all the shit coming off and a bed on the back and a bright ass color is totally something I would have built with my erector set.

I can admit it looks funny (though the Rubicon looks best with big tires), but it's just too much fun for me to care. I really don't want to let this thing go.
So don’t let it go?