Do you even skin care, bro?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Was going through my routine tonight, and started wondering what the other DFDers are doing to take care of their skin, or do you leave that to the ladies in your lives?

I start each morning with rinsing my face (I'm a shower before bed guy, sometimes I will in the morning if I sweat real bad that night sleeping). I should probably wash it, but I'm usually rushing to get out the door, and it's hard to wash my face without my beard getting full of soap which would take even more time to rinse/dry/etc.. After my rinse, I throw on a daily moisturizer that has SPF 20 in it. From a brand called Jack Black. Buddy turned me on to them years ago, and they were the first brand I'd seen with a daily moisturizer that went up to SPF 20 instead of the 10 or 15 that other bands were doing. This part is important to me, having already had melanoma. After the moisturizer I put an eye cream around my eyes/on my eyelids.

Before bed, I wash my face in the shower. I use a facial wash from a brand called Maapilim. I have a few other products of theirs that I've been using that I got in a box of the month club shipment thing. Their brand can be pricey, but bundled in the box for $45 it was a decent deal. Once a week, on Sunday, I'll add an exfoliator into the face wash. After my shower, I have a hyaluronic acid serum from them that I apply to my face and once that absorbs a bit I follow up with either their facial lotion, or a second one I bought from Jack Black that is oil-free. I have a full body lotion from Jack Black as well, although I'm admittedly bad at remembering to actually put that on my body after my showers; need to work on that habit.

Once a month or so, I'll use a clay face mask after a quick shower, and then after that's dried and ready to rinse off I'll take a full shower where I do the face wash, exfoliant, and then serum and moisturizer. It's actually surprisingly relaxing, and it feels good to know I'm taking care of my skin.

So what are you guys using and doing? If you want links, I can throw some up for the Jack Black stuff. Nordstrom usually does a pretty good sale on their stuff once or twice a year and I try to load up then since they give you a bunch of samples of their stuff with the sale prices and it really drives the cost down.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Cinique Face wash and M Lotion on the face. I use some rosacea meds on top of that but that is not really the call of the question. Cheaper bulk lotion for my arms and hands during the winter. Not much hope for this :wap:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:53 am Dove Men’s face and body wash, moisturize with Cerave lotion, and that’s about it.

Every once in a while I’ll use a pore strip on my nose.
I should pore strip. I’ve done a handful over the years and it’s always fun seeing what they pull out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I just wash my face in the shower and use lotion as needed, particularly in the winter, my skin gets really dry here.

I’m pretty religious about using sunscreen when I’m outside for any prolonged time though. Mostly just use the “No Ad” SPF 50 but if I’m at the beach/going in the ocean, I grab the :waxer: reef safe natural stuff.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

We have so many different lotions for hand and body that I'll just grab anything if I need it. They all work 9/10 times. Recently put lotion on my skin because it was dry from sun exposure and maybe the pool, it was a free hotel body lotion that i found in my drawer and worked great to rehydrate me.

Dove body wash in the shower is good.

Sunblock in the 30s or 50s depending on what I find, and I like stuff that applies easily and smells like a tropical drink. I'm not religious about it and do get a sun burn occasionally, especially after a long winter with little to no UV exposure.

My car has UV protective film all around, including the windshield and I find it comforting when the sun is roasting everything it touches. 5/7 recommend it.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

I am pretty terrible about skincare.

I do use a moisturizing body wash, but that’s about it.

I’ll lotion my hands when they’re super dry.

Horrendous about remembering sunscreen when I’m not specifically going somewhere. Beach, I remember. Yard work, YOLO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:00 am I am pretty terrible about skincare.

I do use a moisturizing body wash, but that’s about it.

I’ll lotion my hands when they’re super dry.

Horrendous about remembering sunscreen when I’m not specifically going somewhere. Beach, I remember. Yard work, YOLO.

Same.

And I have a sun allergy...it blows.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I wash with soap. I should do more, I look like hell.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:06 am I need an under eye cream.
This is the one I’m using:

https://maapilim.com/products/eye-cream-nordau

I wouldn’t pay that price for it, but that bundled with some of their other products for $45 total was worth the cost.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:13 am I wash with soap. I should do more, I look like hell.
It's so so personal but adequate sleep and adequate water do wonders for my skin. I need to do more but it's a good easy free place to start
I haven't slept well in 25 years. :thisisfine:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:30 am
[user not found] wrote:
It's so so personal but adequate sleep and adequate water do wonders for my skin. I need to do more but it's a good easy free place to start
Yeah my sleep is generally garbage.

I’m gonna try to do a slew study with my doctor or whatever is needed to see if I need a cpap when I sleep.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:30 am
[user not found] wrote:
We got a new comforter that’s really puffy, but it’s so comfortable. I feel like it’s helped my sleep, it at least makes me want to go to bed.

Troy, can you fall asleep easily or do you have trouble falling asleep?
troyguitar

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:46 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:30 am I haven't slept well in 25 years. :thisisfine:
We got a new comforter that’s really puffy, but it’s so comfortable. I feel like it’s helped my sleep, it at least makes me want to go to bed.

I don't fall asleep, it's likely some kind of anxiety issue. When I'm forced to do things on a "normal person" schedule it's normal to end up with zero sleep at least once a week. Exercise might help, we'll see as I get the bike thing up to speed, I think I slept a little bit less poorly when I ran every day. Cutting out caffeine and alcohol (un?)fortunately has never made any difference. If anything, alcohol in the evening can actually be helpful.

If I lived alone and was able to work and sleep on my own schedule I'd probably be OK. Sleep from 5AM to 11AM one day and 2PM to 9PM the next? Fine! Good luck keeping an employer or family happy with you at that point :doe:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:56 am
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:46 am

I don't fall asleep, it's likely some kind of anxiety issue. When I'm forced to do things on a "normal person" schedule it's normal to end up with zero sleep at least once a week. Exercise might help, we'll see as I get the bike thing up to speed, I think I slept a little bit less poorly when I ran every day. Cutting out caffeine and alcohol (un?)fortunately has never made any difference. If anything, alcohol in the evening can actually be helpful.

If I lived alone and was able to work and sleep on my own schedule I'd probably be OK. Sleep from 5AM to 11AM one day and 2PM to 9PM the next? Fine! Good luck keeping an employer or family happy with you at that point :doe:
Sounds like something going on that’s messing with your circadian rhythm if a sleep cycle is that far off.

Stress is my main cause of sleeplessness. When I can find ways to reduce that I have slept way better. Drinking cold milk helps on nights where I have trouble falling asleep.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

troyguitar wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:46 am We got a new comforter that’s really puffy, but it’s so comfortable. I feel like it’s helped my sleep, it at least makes me want to go to bed.

Ever give melatonin a go?

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:42 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:30 am I haven't slept well in 25 years. :thisisfine:

I’m gonna try to do a slew study with my doctor or whatever is needed to see if I need a cpap when I sleep.
Sleep on your side.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:12 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:42 am

Sleep on your side.
I do mostly side with some back sleeping.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:12 pm

Sleep on your side.
Back turns me into a hard snoring apnea ridden fool.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:17 pm

Back turns me into a hard snoring apnea ridden fool.
Back is worse for me for sure, but even on my side I struggle to breathe in my sleep.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:31 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:29 am

This is the one I’m using:

https://maapilim.com/products/eye-cream-nordau

I wouldn’t pay that price for it, but that bundled with some of their other products for $45 total was worth the cost.
That's definitely a bit steep. The wife's GF has something she wants me to try so who knows.
I bet she does. :hubba: :hubba:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.