Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Cops kill black man: bad
Cops kill white man: zfg
Black kills black: zfg

I think I have that right?
Yes, but you're missing the :butwhy: .
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm I have run out of fucks. I still care and want things to be equal and change, but when I got mad about the militarization of police and the more frequent shootings back in 2008 to 2012 I was 'extreme'. 'un American'. 'liberal bullshit'

so, I hope things change. based on history I'm not confident they will
Must have been hanging out with some fucked up people back then.
He lives in redneck-topia. God, guns, and freedom rule the day pretty much anywhere south of the Ohio River and East of the Rockies.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:14 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Cops kill black man: bad
Cops kill white man: zfg
Black kills black: zfg

I think I have that right?
Yes, but you're missing the why.
The cops kill more whites than blacks annually, some years it’s double. So, that’s fine?
Or are we only concerned about the socio-economic issues that purvey the plight of minority communities?
troyguitar

Apex wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:14 pm Yes, but you're missing the why.
The cops kill more whites than blacks annually, some years it’s double. So, that’s fine?
Or are we only concerned about the socio-economic issues that purvey the plight of minority communities?
Stolen from a friend:

Eric1855;2449270 wrote:Huntington Beach, CA

#1 - protesters protesting the beaches being closed last month

#2 the Black Lives Matter protest

Hmmm...what seems to be different here
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 pm
Apex wrote:
Stolen from a friend:

Do beach bums get violent?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 pm
Apex wrote:
Stolen from a friend:

Dat THICK blue line.
Apex

wap wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:44 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 pm Stolen from a friend:

Dat THICK blue line.
Hey now, Meal Team 6 has nothing to do with this. :lol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Dat THICK blue line.
"You can protest, but if you decide to protest our brotherhood we will show up in riot gear and beat the fuck out of you if/when we decide we don't like your protesting anymore"
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

What bothers me about all this is that protesting is easy, but doesn't do anything.

People will go out there selfishly to make themselves feel better about who they are...take a bunch of selfies to prove on social media that they care and support injustice, and keep the phone camera rolling while they instigate law enforcement to catch the next viral clip.

But will they push for reform? Nah.
Vote for new people with better views? Nah, most won't even bother going to the polls.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:37 pm

This statement assumes black people get violent.

The boots on the ground footage from multiple protesters in Philly show crazy ass white people instigating the crowds and being the first to destroy / set fire to a police cruiser. It all devolved from there. Same woman that set fire to the first lit up another 2-3 in various parts of the city.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:20 pm What bothers me about all this is that protesting is easy, but doesn't do anything.

People will go out there selfishly to make themselves feel better about who they are...take a bunch of selfies to prove on social media that they care and support injustice, and keep the phone camera rolling while they instigate law enforcement to catch the next viral clip.

Vote for new people with better views? Nah, most won't even bother going to the polls.
Without the Minnesota protests there would never be murder charges against the policemen that killed George Floyd. After the charges were brought the protests should have calmed down.

You know it doesn't help that we're in the middle of a pandemic with no offices or stores open and everyone out of work and massively bored.

But yeah, I agree with your statement about voting and reform.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:22 pm

The boots on the ground footage from multiple protesters in Philly show crazy ass white people instigating the crowds and being the first to destroy / set fire to a police cruiser. It all devolved from there. Same woman that set fire to the first lit up another 2-3 in various parts of the city.
Also, it's not beach bums in huntington beach. OC is the conservative hub of California. Those are Trumplovers out there protesting freedumbs and looking for an excuse to rile people up.

My wife's entire family lives in HB, they said there's curfews and increased lockdowns right now that's just making things worse apparently.

Meanwhile, we're here in "shitty" MI in our leafy suburban paradise where it's 75 degrees and our local law enforcement is standing with protesters on the sidewalks, and they've closed down some streets to let people have safe space. They're even handing out masks and assisting with social distancing!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:20 pm What bothers me about all this is that protesting is easy, but doesn't do anything.

Without the Minnesota protests there would never be murder charges against the policemen that killed George Floyd. After the charges were brought the protests should have calmed down.

You know it doesn't help that we're in the middle of a pandemic with no offices or stores open and everyone out of work and massively bored.

But yeah, I agree with your statement about voting and reform.
We don't know for a fact that the scumbag would have walked scott free, but the protests certainly sped up justice for sure.

You're right with the biggest issue though...people are out of work, frustrated, and just looking for something to do. This is free and easy to participate in, the country is a damned tinderbox. It's legit scary.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:What bothers me about all this is that protesting is easy, but doesn't do anything.

I think that you are :wrong: about the numbers. Protesting is relatively easy but it's harder than voting. Those people do vote. There simply aren't very many of them. 1% of the population would be considered a YUGE protest... yet that is nowhere near enough to swing most votes.

It's the same reason that Bernie can't win. It's not that his supporters don't vote. He just doesn't have that many supporters. The few he has are super vocal but that doesn't make their votes count any more than those of the "silent majority" i.e. white Christians who like things just the way they are...
Apex

So you’re telling me that BLM has never been violent?

There are tons of people, of all colors, backgrounds, statuses, etc. doing crazy shit these days. All so they can get on camera and get their 15minutes.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:35 pm
Detroit wrote:What bothers me about all this is that protesting is easy, but doesn't do anything.

I think that you are :wrong: about the numbers. Protesting is relatively easy but it's harder than voting. Those people do vote. There simply aren't very many of them. 1% of the population would be considered a YUGE protest... yet that is nowhere near enough to swing most votes.

It's the same reason that Bernie can't win. It's not that his supporters don't vote. He just doesn't have that many supporters. The few he has are super vocal but that doesn't make their votes count any more than those of the "silent majority" i.e. white Christians who like things just the way they are...
:notwrong:

My question is...does protesting (in general) really change people's minds to actually make a difference in numbers?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Sweet baby fucking Jesus this is good.

ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:39 pm

So you’re telling me that BLM has never been violent?

There are tons of people, of all colors, backgrounds, statuses, etc. doing crazy shit these days. All so they can get on camera and get their 15minutes.
The crux of it all IMO.
wap

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Dat THICK blue line.
Had to google that. :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:41 pm Sweet baby fucking Jesus this is good.

:notbad:

5/7 would try that.

Had a hemp beer from a local place recently, it was dank.
Apex

wap wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:42 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Had to google that. :lolol:
:mahman: I have to bring the funnies in where I can. :lol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:42 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:41 pm Sweet baby fucking Jesus this is good.

5/7 would try that.

:iswydt:

This sour even has a hint of pie crust flavor :mindblown:
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Also, it's not beach bums in huntington beach. OC is the conservative hub of California. Those are Trumplovers out there protesting freedumbs and looking for an excuse to rile people up.

My wife's entire family lives in HB, they said there's curfews and increased lockdowns right now that's just making things worse apparently.

Meanwhile, we're here in "shitty" MI in our leafy suburban paradise where it's 75 degrees and our local law enforcement is standing with protesters on the sidewalks, and they've closed down some streets to let people have safe space. They're even handing out masks and assisting with social distancing!

That's awesome. You should be proud of your po-po.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:42 pm

5/7 would try that.

:iswydt:

This sour even has a hint of pie crust flavor :mindblown:
:impressive: :megusta:
Apex

Sounding board here gave me basically the expected responses from prior postings.

I’ve had a lot of ideas/emotions in my head the last few days with everything, so I spent hours chatting with POC for a different viewpoint. They’re people I’ve known for years and whom I am comfortable speaking openly with. Being open is vitally important when having hard discussions.
Oddly enough we came to nearly the same conclusions and had rather similar views.