Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Nice, Troy. Keep at it my man.
Johnny_P

Rode today. 30 whatever something miles. Belmont singletrack and wiss. Couldn’t clear my head. Podiumed a strava segment.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Got out and rode a whole 5 miles with my 65 year old father this weekend, and halfway through he’s asking “how far are we going to go?”

My one and only only time on a bike since September. :pouroneout: for my former life. having three kids under 2 is brutal.

Seriously, anyone want a 2018 Trance Advanced 1 in medium?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I did 4.5 super easy miles today. Perfect weather. Took it easy on the new Occam.

Man, this bike feels totally different than the orange one it replaced. Between the Fox 36 up front and the DPX2 in the rear, it felt like a rock... a nice supple rock. The extra travel also changes the geometry and slackens things out almost another degree.

Upgraded the rear hub to 6 pawls, 108 points of engagement... they just hook up immediately and sound awesome - like a nest of murder hornets buzzing away.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:23 pm I did 4.5 super easy miles today. Perfect weather. Took it easy on the new Occam.

Man, this bike feels totally different than the orange one it replaced. Between the Fox 36 up front and the DPX2 in the rear, it felt like a rock... a nice supple rock. The extra travel also changes the geometry and slackens things out almost another degree.

Upgraded the rear hub to 6 pawls, 108 points of engagement... they just hook up immediately and sound awesome - like a nest of murder hornets buzzing away.
DPX2s are really nice and cushy.

Fox36 incites mind blowing confidence. It simply does not wobble at all.

Your bike is now close to that Mach5.5 I rode. The stiffness and stability And suppleness of that bike were boner inducing.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:00 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:19 pm

Your bike is now close to that Mach5.5 I rode. The stiffness and stability And suppleness of that bike were boner inducing.
Sounds like the perfect bike for someone... :wasteful:
Or he could just keep it. :antiwasteful: :lol:
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:19 pm

Unemployed
I should sell my car. Shame used values took a shit.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 am

Or he could just keep it. :antiwasteful: :lol:
:whocares:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:28 am

Unemployed
Go park it in center city. It’ll take care of itself.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 am

Unemployed
Not a bad idea I guess. Wonder what insurance payout is on it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 am

Unemployed
ooofffff

:burneverything: :burneverything: :burneverything:
:burneverything: :wasteful: :burneverything:
:burneverything: :burneverything: :burneverything:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Anyone ever tried these type of things? Using flex instead of padding, supposedly they actually work and this one comes in a narrow 125mm size:

https://www.tiogausa.com/adventure-spyder-outland.html

Otherwise so far I'm finding very few options in the supposedly comfortable and sub-130mm range. SQlab makes stuff in 120mm like these:

https://www.sq-lab.com/en/products/sadd ... owave.html

"Go to a local shop and try them!"

uh, right, ok sure... Which shop is that again?
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:48 am Anyone ever tried these type of things? Using flex instead of padding, supposedly they actually work and this one comes in a narrow 125mm size:

https://www.tiogausa.com/adventure-spyder-outland.html

Otherwise so far I'm finding very few options in the supposedly comfortable and sub-130mm range. SQlab makes stuff in 120mm like these:

https://www.sq-lab.com/en/products/sadd ... owave.html

"Go to a local shop and try them!"

uh, right, ok sure... Which shop is that again?
How flexible are you? Can you bend over and touch your toes or lay your palms flat?
troyguitar

Toes yes, palms no if you mean with knees locked and feet together. Toes is already a bit tough.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:20 am Toes yes, palms no if you mean with knees locked and feet together. Toes is already a bit tough.
Alright so you’re decently flexible. A flatter saddle like the ones you posted may work.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I don't know much about the nuances of bikes.
But I'm considering using mine for some cardio. I just can't do it tho because my god... The seat on mine is just horrific.
Here's where I'm at. Specialized Rockhopper. My boss got me and 2 of our other guys these bikes years ago for a bonus (He's a huge bike nerd and rode across Canada in a biking trip in college). I took the knobbies off and have a smoother tread tire so it actually rolls. When I do go ride on it, I'm in my normal cargo shorts. I've heard that thin ass biking shorts is how to alleviate a lot of it, but I don't own anything other than cargo shorts and some basketball shorts that I pretty much just sleep in and wear around the house. Gotta remember, airboat lyfe means I'm always hot from the humidity, and covered in anti-seize, oil stains, and Salt Life and Yeti cooler vinyl stickers.

HOLLA
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:28 pm I don't know much about the nuances of bikes.
But I'm considering using mine for some cardio. I just can't do it tho because my god... The seat on mine is just horrific.
Here's where I'm at. Specialized Rockhopper. My boss got me and 2 of our other guys these bikes years ago for a bonus (He's a huge bike nerd and rode across Canada in a biking trip in college). I took the knobbies off and have a smoother tread tire so it actually rolls. When I do go ride on it, I'm in my normal cargo shorts. I've heard that thin ass biking shorts is how to alleviate a lot of it, but I don't own anything other than cargo shorts and some basketball shorts that I pretty much just sleep in and wear around the house. Gotta remember, airboat lyfe means I'm always hot from the humidity, and covered in anti-seize, oil stains, and Salt Life and Yeti cooler vinyl stickers.

HOLLA
:mahtroy: has been running into similar issues... I'd suggest picking up a pair of these - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1 or similar and wearing them under your basketball shorts. I don't own any :fancy: cycling clothing, just a couple pairs of these underwear diaper deals and some "running" synthetic tee shirts/basketball shorts.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My favorite moments biking are passing people fully decked out in spandex on $5K bikes in my basketball shorts on my 1984 road bike.
Johnny_P

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:28 pm I don't know much about the nuances of bikes.

HOLLA
Rockhoppers are cool bikes.
Sorry about your anus.
I suggest you join Team Diaper Butt.
troyguitar

I bought these ones, but basically the same thing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FF ... UTF8&psc=1

It helps some but my ass still hurts, dunno if I'll buy more of them yet. I'm probably going to buy a different seat soon to try. If it sucks I'll resell it on ebay, can't do that with the padded underwear...

The biggest improvement for me so far has been to just ride less. 20 mins a day seems to be a good starting time.
Acid666

Ok I may look into getting a pair next time I order something on Amazon. I've got a blow up doll sitting my my cart (long autocross story) and I'm waiting to finalize the transaction and pull the trigger.
I might give it a shot. Since the quarantine hit, I've pretty much gotten off of my Diet Dr Pepper (R.I.P. sugar waterz) and dropped about 13 pounds with my poor man's "oil's negative per barrel" "sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner" budget... but I can't seem to break past that barrier. So I should probably start to kick in the running/cardio again.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:29 pm Ok I may look into getting a pair next time I order something on Amazon. I've got a blow up doll sitting my my cart (long autocross story) and I'm waiting to finalize the transaction and pull the trigger.
I might give it a shot. Since the quarantine hit, I've pretty much gotten off of my Diet Dr Pepper (R.I.P. sugar waterz) and dropped about 13 pounds with my poor man's "oil's negative per barrel" "sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner" budget... but I can't seem to break past that barrier. So I should probably start to kick in the running/cardio again.
Get Strava, we can all follow each other and participate in ze :spinulator: contest.
troyguitar

Fuck it, tired of endless reading about various options. Ordered this one to try:

https://www.ergonbike.com/en/product-de ... 2&s=smcmtb

$81 shipped, hopefully will be good enough without having to buy more :fancy: underwear. At least one "bikepacker" product reviewer said it works fine without the shorts.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:34 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:29 pm Ok I may look into getting a pair next time I order something on Amazon. I've got a blow up doll sitting my my cart (long autocross story) and I'm waiting to finalize the transaction and pull the trigger.
Get Strava, we can all follow each other and participate in ze :spinulator: contest.

It cost anything?
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:34 pm

It cost anything?
Free version is solid and still ad free.