Namaste, mf

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

General yoga discussion and resource thread, as many of us have recently expressed interesi in the topic.

I just finished this sequence. Was great for an "advanced beginner" type like myself. There were a few I couldn't quite hold just yet. Only problem was she tends to go pretty quickly through the poses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6jRKThDCBU

What y'all got?
Johnny_P

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Yoga pants are the best thing in the world.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:09 pm Yoga pants are the best thing in the world.
My wife, who currently has an enormous watermelon strapped to her abdomen, would completely agree with you.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:09 pm Yoga pants are the best thing in the world.
:notwrong:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:39 pm Also, this is important for understanding basic yoga flow: https://www.verywellfit.com/essential-y ... rs-3566747

Otherwise you'll be sitting there as they throw Cat-Cow, Cobra, Warrior I, and Warrior II at you like a :derp:
Solid read.

Related, I got a subscription to a Workout Trainer by Skimble when I bought my AirPods. Had 5/7 yoga with voice instructions for how to do everything. Would recommend.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

If there's one thing I learned about that one time I've been to a yoga class, is to never have a camera
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Did a few in person yoga classes before, they were nice, but I have a hard time justifying the cost. The hot yoga was a fucking brutal cardio session. I have a nice, thick B-Mat yoga mat that I got as a Christmas present a few years back.

I’ve tried at home yoga with YouTube, but wasn’t holding myself accountable and never found a channel I liked. There’s a lifting based “yoga”/mobility program that a lot of crossfitters use called RomWOD; they were doing a 7 day trial period so I downloaded the app and signed up. I enjoyed that it was geared more towards lifters, and has short-ish 20 minute sessions, so I’ve carried on and am now paying the $13/month or whatever it is. Paying for it keeps me accountable, and after doing it daily for the last 2.5 weeks, I’m already noticing that I’m getting deeper into some of the stretches and I have less joint pain.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

After my recent back implosion, I need to start thinking about something like this once I have feeling back in my leg.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Yoga was incredibly beneficial to my wife and I when we used to partake. Getting those stretches in right now sound 5/7.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:53 pm Did a few in person yoga classes before, they were nice, but I have a hard time justifying the cost. The hot yoga was a fucking brutal cardio session. I have a nice, thick B-Mat yoga mat that I got as a Christmas present a few years back.

I’ve tried at home yoga with YouTube, but wasn’t holding myself accountable and never found a channel I liked. There’s a lifting based “yoga”/mobility program that a lot of crossfitters use called RomWOD; they were doing a 7 day trial period so I downloaded the app and signed up. I enjoyed that it was geared more towards lifters, and has short-ish 20 minute sessions, so I’ve carried on and am now paying the $13/month or whatever it is. Paying for it keeps me accountable, and after doing it daily for the last 2.5 weeks, I’m already noticing that I’m getting deeper into some of the stretches and I have less joint pain.
ROMWOD :like:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Fun fact, my high school district banned yoga pants shortly after I graduated for girls.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:14 pm
Fun fact, my high school district banned yoga pants shortly after I graduated for girls.
:rolleyes:

I've always thought that was stupid. Ban the clothes girls can wear because boys are pigs. How about about you teach the boys to not be pigs?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:17 pm

I've always thought that was stupid. Ban the clothes girls can wear because boys are pigs. How about about you teach the boys to not be pigs?
:dat: very much :dat: I remember seeing the news on how they kick girls out because of their outfits by some teachers that are actually low key perverts.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:17 pm

:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

I agree with teach boys not to be pigs, but I’ve got a feel that if a dude showed up to high school in yoga pants/leggings and you could see the outline of his dick through them, he’d be told to :gtfo: too...
SAWCE

Hell, guys weren’t even allowed to wear basketball shorts or sweatpants at my high school.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:42 pm Hell, guys weren’t even allowed to wear basketball shorts or sweatpants at my high school.
Probably not for the same reason that yoga pants were banned for girls.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote:I agree with teach boys not to be pigs, but I’ve got a feel that if a dude showed up to high school in yoga pants/leggings and you could see the outline of his dick through them, he’d be told to :gtfo: too...
I mean, an outline of a dick is a bit different than an outline of a rear end.

Nearly any clothes that women/girls purchase are designed to be pretty form fitting.

Hell, my skinny jeans are pretty form fitting to me, but no one would ever think to ban a teenage boy from wearing them.

I’ve continually heard that the reason they ban things like that is because “it is a distraction to the boys learning.”

I’m not advocating that we let our teenagers come to school in booty shorts, but if your son can’t focus because the girl walking down the hall was wearing yoga pants, you need to reach your son better.

Just my two cents. I get what you’re saying, I just don’t think it’s a reasonable comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAWCE

Wocka Wocka wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:58 pm
SAWCE wrote:I agree with teach boys not to be pigs, but I’ve got a feel that if a dude showed up to high school in yoga pants/leggings and you could see the outline of his dick through them, he’d be told to :gtfo: too...
I mean, an outline of a dick is a bit different than an outline of a rear end.

Nearly any clothes that women/girls purchase are designed to be pretty form fitting.

Hell, my skinny jeans are pretty form fitting to me, but no one would ever think to ban a teenage boy from wearing them.

I’ve continually heard that the reason they ban things like that is because “it is a distraction to the boys learning.”

I’m not advocating that we let our teenagers come to school in booty shorts, but if your son can’t focus because the girl walking down the hall was wearing yoga pants, you need to reach your son better.

Just my two cents. I get what you’re saying, I just don’t think it’s a reasonable comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:notwrong:
Johnny_P

I think I will yoga this afternoon or tomorrow morning. :gay:
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

Namaste at my desk.