:wtf: WAP made a car thread? AKA the most boring car thread ever

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:21 pm

Between that and the constant keyfob #woke, I'm expecting Wap to :angrypanda: in his cubicle any minute
Eh. I'm at home on my couch so I :aintcare: :like:
:nice:

I worked three days this week, its enough for me lol. Tension levels 1/7
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

:wtf:

I’m ready for this week to be over.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:mahman:
Going back to work next week when we reopen. Tension levels likely to rise then.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm

I get paid to be "on call" :bruh:

My side job is to educate the children and open a pool and drink 🍺

Dat bluecollar lyfe
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:13 pm
Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm

I get paid to be "on call" :bruh:

My side job is to educate the children and open a pool and drink 🍺

Dat bluecollar lyfe
:fancy:
wap

Just realized today that I don't have a compass in the MFD. :rage: :|
I wonder if it's something that can be activated with something like Carista?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 pm Just realized today that I don't have a compass in the MFD. :rage: :|
My god ... you use a compass ? :amazing: :wap:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:19 pm Max gets mad if you park too close normally but also gets mad if you hard park to have more crub clearance

:lolol:
:triggered:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I finally got a premium HU with a 1.4 engine of a kraut soccer mom CUV for 10 days, still an MQB so it's technically a GTI.......technically.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:34 am
wap wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 pm Just realized today that I don't have a compass in the MFD. :rage: :|
I do! Frequently. I find it helpful.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:33 am
max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:34 am

Interesting. I never use it. How do you find it helpful? Just interested in how your brain works.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:05 pm
wap wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:33 am

Interesting. I never use it. How do you find it helpful? Just interested in how your brain works.
I have no idea how it works, but I do know that I was not blessed with the homing pigeon gene that a lot of people have and sometimes get turned around in the curvier, non-grid streets in the greater leafy suburban paradise area. And if I know where, say, North is, then I know there is a major surface street that goes near my :haus: . Also it tends to help on long road trips to just know that we're heading in the general right direction when it's cloudy, or night time, etc. Just a couple examples...
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:25 pm

I have no idea how it works, but I do know that I was not blessed with the homing pigeon gene that a lot of people have and sometimes get turned around in the curvier, non-grid streets in the greater leafy suburban paradise area. And if I know where, say, North is, then I know there is a major surface street that goes near my :haus: . Also it tends to help on long road trips to just know that we're heading in the general right direction when it's cloudy, or night time, etc. Just a couple examples...
For what it’s worth, CarPlay with google maps or waze will show “north up”
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Trudy, received and responded to your snap. :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat: I don’t prefer to have nav on all the time. Occasionally I know generally where I’m going but there might be a road or two in less familiar with, I can think “Major XYZ Road is west of here, compass says I’m heading north, so turn left and I’ll get to where I need to be”.

:iono: :okboomer: ?
wap

D Griff wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:12 am

:dat: I don’t prefer to have nav on all the time. Occasionally I know generally where I’m going but there might be a road or two in less familiar with, I can think “Major XYZ Road is west of here, compass says I’m heading north, so turn left and I’ll get to where I need to be”.

EXACTLY.
I certainly don't run my nav all the time and have no idea if I'd have AA running all the time, either. Do people routinely hook up their phone and turn on ACP/AA EVERY time they get in their car? :iono:
It wouldn't surprise me if :crang: -type :millennial: s do not know how to use a compass.
razr390

wap wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:52 am

EXACTLY.
I certainly don't run my nav all the time and have no idea if I'd have AA running all the time, either. Do people routinely hook up their phone and turn on ACP/AA EVERY time they get in their car? :iono:
It wouldn't surprise me if :crang: -type :millennial: s do not know how to use a compass.
I know how to use a compass and have a very strong internal one. A few years ago (in 2012-ish) I went to NYC with my parents and they were surprised at my ability to find my way around based off of a foldable transit map I had as a reference.

In my car, I plug my phone into CarPlay because it hooks up to music and has the highest quality Audi streaming since it’s a direct wire connection versus wireless/Bluetooth. My CarPlay displays the map as a widget in a multi-“panel” screen display that also shows me the song that’s playing, quick Navi to work or home, and my calendar if I have anything scheduled that day.

The only time I’ll really navigate somewhere anymore is if I don’t know where it is (never been), or I need updated routes due to ongoing construction, or I need an ETA.

I’ve been learning a lot of the roads in San Antonio simply from doing Uber but keeping the Uber map in display without voice navigation, so it forces me to look for the signs and I slowly becomes familiar with the areas.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

EXACTLY.
I plug my phone in and start up CarPlay almost everytime I get in. That said, I'm rarely driving less than 15 or 20 minutes somewhere and that gives me time to get a whole podcast in usually.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I figured :wap: would be used to using something like a sextant instead of a compass.

:trollface:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:36 am I figured :wap: would be used to using something like a sextant instead of a compass.

Don’t you be bringing up his promiscuities in this chat
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:27 am

EXACTLY.
I know how to use a compass and have a very strong internal one. A few years ago (in 2012-ish) I went to NYC with my parents and they were surprised at my ability to find my way around based off of a foldable transit map I had as a reference.

In my car, I plug my phone into CarPlay because it hooks up to music and has the highest quality Audi streaming since it’s a direct wire connection versus wireless/Bluetooth. My CarPlay displays the map as a widget in a multi-“panel” screen display that also shows me the song that’s playing, quick Navi to work or home, and my calendar if I have anything scheduled that day.

The only time I’ll really navigate somewhere anymore is if I don’t know where it is (never been), or I need updated routes due to ongoing construction, or I need an ETA.

I’ve been learning a lot of the roads in San Antonio simply from doing Uber but keeping the Uber map in display without voice navigation, so it forces me to look for the signs and I slowly becomes familiar with the areas.
That's because you're not a :crang:

Thanks for the other comments.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:36 am I figured :wap: would be used to using something like a sextant instead of a compass.

I got a sextant ap and a sunstone ap on my phone.
wap

And thanks for the other comments. Guess I'll get into AA sooner rather than later.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

wap wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am And thanks for the other comments. Guess I'll get into AA sooner rather than later.
You can do it. We are here to support you. I’ll be your sponsor if you want :wub: I know a few people that went through it and are now totally sober.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm
wap wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am And thanks for the other comments. Guess I'll get into AA sooner rather than later.
You can do it. We are here to support you. I’ll be your sponsor if you want :wub: I know a few people that went through it and are now totally sober.
:iswydt: