Griff's Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:59 pm Off the shelf Valvoline is actually pretty good, probably good enough for anyone not running slicks and race pads. You will overheat street tires/pads before you boil the valvoline.
Good to know. I don't remember what I had that I boiled... but I've seen a ton of people boil OEM fluid in all kinds of stock cars at regular HPDE.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Almost everything is fine when it's new. Over time it gets water in it :doe: which reduces the boiling point significantly. That's why each fluid has 2 boiling points listed.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

More post on the shox plox
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I just noticed the bmw seat belt “protectors” in the back :impressive:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Good ad Dan.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:46 pm I just noticed the bmw seat belt “protectors” in the back :impressive:
:lolol: they were a gift from Merk.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:02 pm
Good ad Dan.
THanks, :bruh:

I am not sure if selling it will really work out or not, I'm not willing to sell it for under $15K or so. At that point, I'll just drive it for some years.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:04 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Good ad Dan.

I am not sure if selling it will really work out or not, I'm not willing to sell it for under $15K or so. At that point, I'll just drive it for some years.
Any :hibachi: biters yet?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:15 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Any :hibachi: biters yet?
Some :hibachi: , nothing legit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So we test drove some vehicles today. Renegade is out :lolol:

We both want the Wrangler basically.

:dillerman: today was actually a fantastic experience, let us take the :jeep: out on our own, drive four different vehicles, no pressure experience.

This is the vehicle in question: https://www.lakenormanchrysler.com/new/ ... cec78c.htm

Price is $37.6k, $40.2k OTD. I feel this is decent but the problem is trade offer on the Beemah is $12k which isn’t ideal. The plan would be to sell that and the Fusion.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm So we test drove some vehicles today. Renegade is out :lolol:

:dillerman: today was actually a fantastic experience, let us take the :jeep: out on our own, drive four different vehicles, no pressure experience.

This is the vehicle in question: https://www.lakenormanchrysler.com/new/ ... cec78c.htm

Price is $37.6k, $40.2k OTD. I feel this is decent but the problem is trade offer on the Beemah is $12k which isn’t ideal. The plan would be to sell that and the Fusion.
Hmm lots of numbers to go through...
I would say ... that Jeep is a :dill: if they chop another 2k off.

Bmw is a no go, they are at least 2k too low. You can likely get 14/15k imo.

No idea about fusion
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm So we test drove some vehicles today. Renegade is out :lolol:

No idea about fusion
We have some preliminary offers for around $5K on the Fusion from friends of family members which is :mindblown: IMO, would happily let it go for that.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 pm
max225 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:06 pm

No idea about fusion
We have some preliminary offers for around $5K on the Fusion from friends of family members which is :mindblown: IMO, would happily let it go for that.
Offload it now then. Make it happen :evilplan:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I like that wrongler.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

D Griff wrote:So we test drove some vehicles today. Renegade is out :lolol:

Like the wrongler.

I definitely think they’re low on the Beemah.

I’d think I’d do 38 OTD on the wrongler, however :dillerman: wants to get you there.

Sell the fusion to whoever offered 5K ASAP. :mindblown:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, a lot of this has been updated in other threads but now the proud owner of the Wrongler. I still feel kind of weird about blowing $40K on a vehicle, but the fact that it's a car both of us really find fun softens the blow. It's great for "family" trips which is the main purpose, plus :tits: 6 mile commute whenever she goes back.

Fusion was sold for $4500 :fuckyeah: :waxer:

:poorvette: cranked right up after no use for a week (we've been at the beach) which is :fuckyeah: Prior to the grounds being redone during the overhaul process it seemed to have some sort of electrical drain, cautiously optimistic that is fixed. It's at the shop now getting the alignment fixed today.

Beemah is getting new bites daily. I think it will pan out fine eventually. I've had one test drive, one offer for $13K to which I instructed he pound sand (from FB of course). If $13K is really all I can get, I think I'll just keep. The car is worth $15K to me I feel.
max225

What did the test driver say? Why did they pass ?
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

D Griff wrote:Well, a lot of this has been updated in other threads but now the proud owner of the Wrongler. I still feel kind of weird about blowing $40K on a vehicle, but the fact that it's a car both of us really find fun softens the blow. It's great for "family" trips which is the main purpose, plus :tits: 6 mile commute whenever she goes back.

:poorvette: cranked right up after no use for a week (we've been at the beach) which is :fuckyeah: Prior to the grounds being redone during the overhaul process it seemed to have some sort of electrical drain, cautiously optimistic that is fixed. It's at the shop now getting the alignment fixed today.

Beemah is getting new bites daily. I think it will pan out fine eventually. I've had one test drive, one offer for $13K to which I instructed he pound sand (from FB of course). If $13K is really all I can get, I think I'll just keep. The car is worth $15K to me I feel.
I wish I was in the market, I’d take it at 15K all day.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 am What did the test driver say? Why did they pass ?
He wants it but "has to sell his Challenger first" so :popcorn:

I have quite a few legit people I'm in discussions with. It is pretty annoying the way this is done now and I am starting to understand the :dillerman: perspective. Like, 10 different people asking a bunch of dumb questions, most of which are already mentioned in the ad they could read in two minutes. I'm over here just like "hurry up and come in for a goddamn test drive mothahfuckah!"
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:23 am
D Griff wrote:Well, a lot of this has been updated in other threads but now the proud owner of the Wrongler. I still feel kind of weird about blowing $40K on a vehicle, but the fact that it's a car both of us really find fun softens the blow. It's great for "family" trips which is the main purpose, plus :tits: 6 mile commute whenever she goes back.

:word:

I will probably want a nicer daily in like six months and be all "I wish I could find a 328 like mine for $15K" :lolol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:14 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:23 am

I will probably want a nicer daily in like six months and be all "I wish I could find a 328 like mine for $15K" :lolol:
Yeah at this phase of your life I'd just ditch the mullet barge and replace it with a nice one later given that this is going to be a far more useful car for you over the next three years but you seem deeply attached to the C5 like nobody on here so I won't try and take away your rattle.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Yeah at this phase of your life I'd just ditch the mullet barge and replace it with a nice one later given that this is going to be a far more useful car for you over the next three years but you seem deeply attached to the C5 like nobody on here so I won't try and take away your rattle.
I just get a lot more enjoyment out of the Corvette, it's a really fun car and I like that I can be relatively :aintcare: due to the low value. The BMW just isn't there with the fun level IMO. It is certainly a stellar all around vehicle for the price though.

Also... here's the way I see my future going if I sell the Corvette and keep the BMW:

Let's say I tire of the car in a year and want to :plac: ... well, I will have to deal with :tits: not wanting to take on financial burden and pointing out that we did both want the :jeep: and she would've never bought a $40K car (which is very true, the :jeep: was instigated by me as I wanted one). In an ideal world I would've just kept the Beemah and bought a two door JK for $15K but :tits: isn't down to share :manuel: vehicles, otherwise she would've just dailied the BMW.

So if I kept the BMW now I am realistically stuck in that car for quite some time or stuck with pissing the wife off which is meh. By keeping the C5, I can keep going to the track, keep enjoying it, and if I decide I feel like :plac: she will be in full support. If we have CF, I will then have the ability to either add on another inexpensive sedan if needed or just :plac: to a more dad friendly thing like a CTR or Johnny's STI.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, I live in an area where I can daily a Corvette and don't have kids, so it's pretty workable. I've also just sunk like $5K into it in the past year :lolol:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:22 pm

:iswydt: