Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:00 pm
[user not found] wrote: Something else - rotate your pelvis forward so that your lower back is flat. Not only is this better cycling form for performance, it’ll help distribute your weight better across your nether regions.
I don't think I can hold myself up if I do that. Leaning forward puts all of my weight on my hands, which I guess takes it off the ass but not in a useful way. Today I tried to do 3 minutes on the tops and 2 mins on the hoods, dunno if I can do much better than that yet without killing the wrists/elbows/shoulders/neck.

Here's my hour today, same heart rate as you but for... 118 watts.

Don’t worry too much about the power you put out compared to someone else, especially so if you’re looking at [user not found].

Before I stopped riding Zwift in March, I was in the 180-200 range on my average 50-60 minute rides.

You can focus on W/kg to see where you sit in a group. Power divided by weight in kilograms. As you gain power and/or lose weight, this number will trend upwards. Something in the low/mid 2’s is a good target for an enthusiast rider.

A great article, of many:
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/fitness/t ... urs-164589
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Don’t compare yourself to Z. He’s not only a cycling beast, he’s been doing it for a long time.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm Don’t compare yourself to Z. He’s not only a cycling beast, he’s been doing it for a long time.
He’s a cycling cyborg.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:45 pm
Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:40 pm A strong core makes a world of difference.
:notwrong:
My hands/wrists feel a million times better when I can hit the gym and get my squats in.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm Don’t compare yourself to Z. He’s not only a cycling beast, he’s been doing it for a long time.
He’s a cycling cyborg.
Completely kicks my ass at everything cycling related. I get my ass kicked by most of my cycling friends. But I don’t ride with the intent on being the fastest I just ride because I enjoy it.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 pm He’s a cycling cyborg.
Completely kicks my ass at everything cycling related. I get my ass kicked by most of my cycling friends. But I don’t ride with the intent on being the fastest I just ride because I enjoy it.
That's fine if you don't ever ride with anyone, which admittedly is where I am for now. Of course at this point it's not enjoyable either. Maybe some day. :whocares:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm
Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 pm

He’s a cycling cyborg.
:dat:
I’m glad I got into it a few years ago with you guys. I’ll never be the fastest but it’s a fun hobby.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm

I’m glad I got into it a few years ago with you guys. I’ll never be the fastest but it’s a fun hobby.
Group rides are the best.

I’m hoping I can be cleared to ride again soon. I need the escape.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:34 pm

:like:
I heard rumor of Mtn Creek opening up like June 6th or something? Haven’t confirmed that from an official source yet.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:53 pm

I heard rumor of Mtn Creek opening up like June 6th or something? Haven’t confirmed that from an official source yet.
That’s true, on their website. Best case scenario for me back on the bike mid June.
Johnny_P

I’ve been going on mini group rides anyway. Keep distance between us, limit to the same 2-3 people, no hugs or bro bumps or beer sharing or whatever. It’s manageable. Would be great to have a solid 12-15 person ride though.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:I just like riding. Going fast is fun, going slow and playing around is fun, simply getting out is what it’s about.

But I’m seeing some solid gains this year so far with the addition of the landscaping work as my “cross training.”

I do need to get back into the routine of doing 15 push-ups 3x a day though.
Damn, I expected you to say 150 pushups, not 15. Hell I can actually do that.
troyguitar

Yoga is on the list of things to learn one of these years but pushups are easy. I can do those right now without any research or purchases required. 15 of those takes less than a minute.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:09 pm Yoga is on the list of things to learn one of these years but pushups are easy. I can do those right now without any research or purchases required. 15 of those takes less than a minute.
Throw in a couple 1 minute planks during the day too.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:03 pm
Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:53 pm

That’s true, on their website. Best case scenario for me back on the bike mid June.
:notbad:
Maybe a Rausch trip before then...
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:53 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:20 pm

I’ve been going on mini group rides anyway. Keep distance between us, limit to the same 2-3 people, no hugs or bro bumps or beer sharing or whatever. It’s manageable. Would be great to have a solid 12-15 person ride though.
Mountain bike group rides are easy during this time.

Road rides are tougher. You inevitably end up in a paceline at some point.
A roadie ride would be tough on a non-closed road for sure.

Rides I've joined people on, or met up with others for, have been drop bar dirt-type rides.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:09 pm Yoga is on the list of things to learn one of these years but pushups are easy. I can do those right now without any research or purchases required. 15 of those takes less than a minute.
Yoga is pretty cool. I should do more of that. I enjoyed it when I did it. Probably lots of virtual classes right now you could join really easily. Hell, look up the practice I used to go to, Three Queens Yoga in Philly. Adriana was the instructor I liked the most, I'd be surprised if she's not doing virtual classes. I only ever did super basic intro level stuff.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 pm
Apex wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 pm

:notbad:
Maybe a Rausch trip before then...

Best to let the derps flood Mountain Creek on opening day first.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:24 pm I only ever do basic yoga stuff. But it helps immensely with flexibility, stability, and also calming the mind.

I love the mental state I’m in after ending a yoga session with a peaceful savasana.
I kept trying to do yoga videos off of YouTube, but couldn’t get into them. I can’t relate to some hippie chick with armpit hair and dreadlocks telling me to feel the power emanating from my vagina.

Started paying for this program called Romwod. Yoga/flexibility geared towards lifters and athletes. They have different paths you can choose from and then they post a daily video to do too. Been doing that after my workouts and I definitely feel a bit better after just two weeks. Paying for the program keeps me more accountable and I’m less likely to skip my daily session.
troyguitar

I had to google what dafuq a plank is, definitely can't hold that for anywhere near a minute right now. Just tried it and I basically start shaking immediately. Can do pushups no problem :doe:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:36 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:29 pm

I kept trying to do yoga videos off of YouTube, but couldn’t get into them. I can’t relate to some hippie chick with armpit hair and dreadlocks telling me to feel the power emanating from my vagina.

Started paying for this program called Romwod. Yoga/flexibility geared towards lifters and athletes. They have different paths you can choose from and then they post a daily video to do too. Been doing that after my workouts and I definitely feel a bit better after just two weeks. Paying for the program keeps me more accountable and I’m less likely to skip my daily session.
Peloton gives me access to their yoga classes, which are pretty fantastic and also geared towards cyclists/runners. Not the hippie type at all.
:nice: cool that it’s an all inclusive package like that.
Johnny_P

My cycling team buddies are trying to get me to go on a century on Sunday. Or a metric on Monday.

Leaning to the metric. Maybe with a bit of tag along with the dudes doing the hundo but bail at John Heinz Wildlife Refuge to make it like a 30-40 miler.

:notsure:
troyguitar

I guess that verifies what I already knew. The problem is not in my legs or arms. It's all the shit in between.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:I just did one 60 second plank to see when my legs started shaking - made it to 90 seconds. Could’ve held for longer but my back was starting to protest.

I definitely need to start doing some planks and pushups again.
My whole torso starts shaking in probably 3-5 seconds, it feels pretty weird. That's apparently the number one issue. Pushups, pullups, squats, running, skating, etc I'm halfway decent at even now in relatively poor shape. Pretty much any sport I do at least OK in, that's why this bike has been pissing me off.