2020 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Strap it to the roof.

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:08 pm Strap it to the roof.

:impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wow, that is an insane deal.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:17 pm Wow, that is an insane deal.
#thisis2020
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

Missed the last two pages...the comments from you guys about the G8 have me loling.

I was perusing Facebook last Sunday just kind of scrolling while watching YouTube and then saw a post in G8 Classifieds about $20k...thought meh, overpriced for a GT...then saw GXP and it grabbed my attention...then saw Manual and 70k. Instantly messaged the guy, had a friend run the carfax for me and confirmed it is clean as a whistle, started talking to the owner after he took a little to respond. Agreed to asking price of $21 with mods installed and sent a deposit to him.

After sending that deposit he sent me an excel spreadsheet with the last 9 years of maintenance he's done to it, he bought it from another local NC guy/friend of his after getting his G8 GT serviced at the dealer and happened to see it behind the lot. I had a third person that was relayed to me by a friend on instagram who happened to be in the same town, tried to get him some money for food/gas/booze but seems like he declined and sent me about 20 pictures and gave a nod of approval so I tried to get a friends 2500HD Silverado but it was down for the count with some questionable check engine lights and since I was going to use the trailer another friend owned he just said the Suburban can be mine for the weekend and requested the GTO as a loaner car as he sold his G8 the few days prior to my trip.

Wasn't sure who to bother for a co-driver as I could have done it alone but wanted a buffer in case I really needed to swap out and get some shuteye but asked if Huckleberry had an opening so we started on the road at about 4am Saturday morning.

As for why I towed it, my main thing is if the car is unfamiliar to me it only adds a little extra to the cost but my security if I tow it back. In addition to that the car came with a bunch of stock stuff that definitely would not have fit in the car itself. I looked into just getting the car shipped but the lead time on that was much more than I felt like dealing with and the costs apparently weren't quite as advertised. Gas is cheap, yolo it away.

I've had my eyes on one of these since the G8's came out, and got my SS because it was the newer version and about the same price....on top of stating to friends if a cheap manual GXP ever goes for sale under 100k miles I'll buy it instantly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

3rdgenfan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 pm Missed the last two pages...the comments from you guys about the G8 have me loling.

I was perusing Facebook last Sunday just kind of scrolling while watching YouTube and then saw a post in G8 Classifieds about $20k...thought meh, overpriced for a GT...then saw GXP and it grabbed my attention...then saw Manual and 70k. Instantly messaged the guy, had a friend run the carfax for me and confirmed it is clean as a whistle, started talking to the owner after he took a little to respond. Agreed to asking price of $21 with mods installed and sent a deposit to him.

After sending that deposit he sent me an excel spreadsheet with the last 9 years of maintenance he's done to it, he bought it from another local NC guy/friend of his after getting his G8 GT serviced at the dealer and happened to see it behind the lot. I had a third person that was relayed to me by a friend on instagram who happened to be in the same town, tried to get him some money for food/gas/booze but seems like he declined and sent me about 20 pictures and gave a nod of approval so I tried to get a friends 2500HD Silverado but it was down for the count with some questionable check engine lights and since I was going to use the trailer another friend owned he just said the Suburban can be mine for the weekend and requested the GTO as a loaner car as he sold his G8 the few days prior to my trip.

Wasn't sure who to bother for a co-driver as I could have done it alone but wanted a buffer in case I really needed to swap out and get some shuteye but asked if Huckleberry had an opening so we started on the road at about 4am Saturday morning.

As for why I towed it, my main thing is if the car is unfamiliar to me it only adds a little extra to the cost but my security if I tow it back. In addition to that the car came with a bunch of stock stuff that definitely would not have fit in the car itself. I looked into just getting the car shipped but the lead time on that was much more than I felt like dealing with and the costs apparently weren't quite as advertised. Gas is cheap, yolo it away.

I've had my eyes on one of these since the G8's came out, and got my SS because it was the newer version and about the same price....on top of stating to friends if a cheap manual GXP ever goes for sale under 100k miles I'll buy it instantly.

THis is the opposite of Max/Johnny_P style car buying, I like it :lolol: :mahman:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:22 pm
3rdgenfan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 pm Missed the last two pages...the comments from you guys about the G8 have me loling.

THis is the opposite of Max/Johnny_P style car buying, I like it :lolol: :mahman:
The :dill: was solid !
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I buy what I know I'll either break even or make a nice profit on. Play with the banks money at a low interest rate and enjoy the car while you have it. This one's a keeper though unless something life altering happens....there's already three people in line to buy it from me though. :iono: :lol:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

It was a :neat: buy! Good luck with it!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:31 pm It was a :neat: buy! Good luck with it!
:dat:
Totally cool.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:05 pm
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:sass:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You mean actually doing something?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Or do you mean total number of words typed discussing the purchase/number of days before pulling the trigger? This motherfucker has a ZERO in the numerator slot.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Some post others don’t :iono: h8rs gonna h8
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:26 pm Some post others don’t :iono: h8rs gonna h8
Content is appreciated.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:30 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:26 pm Some post others don’t :iono: h8rs gonna h8
Content is appreciated.
:like:
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:16 pm Or do you mean total number of words typed discussing the purchase/number of days before pulling the trigger? This motherfucker has a ZERO in the numerator slot.
I didn't post much about it anywhere, to be fair. There are 5 cars in my driveway and I need to offload two of them. Bolt is a lease, so I'm trying to decide if I should send off the Tahoe or keep it since it was only $2500...would the extra $1500 of asking price on top of that make my life any better? Doubtful. GTO is for sale, but with the asking price of $14k during this shutdown it scares people away or people will continue to send me offers of $8k or trade for a 150k mile 20 year old Cummins Ram.
Johnny_P

So is max gonna get an army green terrorist vehicle or nah?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:46 pm So is max gonna get an army green terrorist vehicle or nah?
He picked a combination just as rare as cheap FJs that are actually nice.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:46 pm So is max gonna get an army green terrorist vehicle or nah?
I know most of y'all :aintcare: but my search is not for a lack of trying... Actually I should THANK or HATE you for pointing more towards the turd bro, After your post a while back, I started researching the BRO a bit more, and the key features that it has standard really pushed me over the top to want it. :oops:

So what's the :dill: with me ?
I am looking for a :unicorn: and frankly, not like I am scared to travel, or purchase sight unseen. Y'all remember that I got a flipping mini from Florida during a hurricane and it hasn't even been 12 months since. So... I am not sure why I am getting heat for not pulling triggers, but :dfd: :wrong: life.

What are my headwinds ?
1. I can't locate a :manuel: taco in green, I have looked through 20+ :dillerman: websites (in 3 surrounding states), and the closest I got was an AUTO in Temecula, CA.
2. I refuse to fly right now, because that's :fullretard: IMO costs + covid issues galore
3. California :dillerman: are CLOSED for business for the most part. It is a really odd experience, I haven't sat in a Taco with a moonroof, which I need to do as headroom is always an issue in these things, (i didn't have an issue in the 2017) but it was also without a roof which robs space.
4. I am really busy with my work, and I don't want to :fullretard: drop everything and "drive across country" for fun, this isn't the time, considering our state of the nation.
5. Toyota started playing hardball right now, pulled all incentives ... and there is no production, so supply is starting to get limited.
6. California DMV is CLOSED, and we have a huge back up from what I can tell, and they were BACKED UP LIKE CRAZY before this even hit, so out of state purchase is going to be a ROYAL pain in the ass, as I have to do it MYSELF, not through a :dillerman:

If ya'll think that's unreasonable... :aintcare: there are major headwinds to car purchases at the moment.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

max225 wrote:
I know most of y'all :aintcare: but my search is not for a lack of trying... Actually I should THANK or HATE you for pointing more towards the turd bro, After your post a while back, I started researching the BRO a bit more, and the key features that it has standard really pushed me over the top to want it. :oops:

I am looking for a :unicorn: and frankly, not like I am scared to travel, or purchase sight unseen. Y'all remember that I got a flipping mini from Florida during a hurricane and it hasn't even been 12 months since. So... I am not sure why I am getting heat for not pulling triggers, but :dfd: :wrong: life.

What are my headwinds ?
1. I can't locate a :manuel: taco in green, I have looked through 20+ :dillerman: websites (in 3 surrounding states), and the closest I got was an AUTO in Temecula, CA.
2. I refuse to fly right now, because that's :fullretard: IMO costs + covid issues galore
3. California :dillerman: are CLOSED for business for the most part. It is a really odd experience, I haven't sat in a Taco with a moonroof, which I need to do as headroom is always an issue in these things, (i didn't have an issue in the 2017) but it was also without a roof which robs space.
4. I am really busy with my work, and I don't want to :fullretard: drop everything and "drive across country" for fun, this isn't the time, considering our state of the nation.
5. Toyota started playing hardball right now, pulled all incentives ... and there is no production, so supply is starting to get limited.
6. California DMV is CLOSED, and we have a huge back up from what I can tell, and they were BACKED UP LIKE CRAZY before this even hit, so out of state purchase is going to be a ROYAL pain in the ass, as I have to do it MYSELF, not through a :dillerman:

If ya'll think that's unreasonable... :aintcare: there are major headwinds to car purchases at the moment.
Cali is wild man.

We bought the wife’s motorcycle while the entire state of PA was still shut down. Notary did the title work online, we had a title in a week and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

What are my headwinds ?

Not throwing shade. I'm legit excited. I love Tacos, especially ones with extra guac.

The Turd Bro, yeah I mean if you're loading out an OR anyway it isn't a bad deal. If you don't care about leather and the other things like auto climate or whatever then it's a shit deal. That green is kickass, the rarity is neat, and I'm sure despite what Detroit thinks, the shocks are actually a real ride improvement (based on every single review of the bro I've read).
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:54 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

What are my headwinds ?

Not throwing shade. I'm legit excited. I love Tacos, especially ones with extra guac.

The Turd Bro, yeah I mean if you're loading out an OR anyway it isn't a bad deal. If you don't care about leather and the other things like auto climate or whatever then it's a shit deal. That green is kickass, the rarity is neat, and I'm sure despite what Detroit thinks, the shocks are actually a real ride improvement (based on every single review of the bro I've read).
The Fox shocks are epic. The are exactly what I was going to put on any FJ I was going to purchase, and that's around 2k+ Install (likely myself) but either way this comes STANDARD.

So here is my issue with the Off road. I would HAVE TO MOD IT. And I hate modding, as it's money down the drain.
-TRD Off road are impossible to find in "base" non leather trim with led lights in manuel, so I'd have to get new lights
-Trd off road comes with a shit stereo, and yes I would either add a sub or need the JBL system which only comes on 43.5K loaded off roads vs a 45.5k PRO at which point it is a non issue
-I don't really care for leather much, but it is "nicer" so I am not going to pretend like it won't be a nicer vehicle when it is fully decked out

that said I am still semi open to both, because the Off road is still in fact a bit cheaper, but the PRO is measurably nicer for me. Ironically it comes down to color, the current TRD pro colors are hideous, contractor white, dust black, camry gray or ARMY GREEN. The off road has the epic blue, the epic sandstone and CEMENT, all 3 of which I prefer to the green.