Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm I looked it up, oil changes on the JT are :mindblown: easy.

No need to jack it up in my case, and nothing in the way of the drain plug to remove.

The filter is a cartridge on top of the engine that's staring you in the face as soon as you pop the hood. Nothing to remove to get access either.
That's awesome. I'd do my own oil changes if that were the case on my vehicle.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm
Not double digit for one coffee tho :notsure: That will make 20 pour overs.
I was just trying to be fancy for the man in the desert :lol:
Johnny_P

I want an americano now. :sad: fucking COVID.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:10 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Not double digit for one coffee tho :notsure: That will make 20 pour overs.
This may lead to a conversation about mattresses.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:16 pm I want an americano now. :sad: fucking COVID.
I've been enjoying my coffees at home, both hot and :fancy: cold brew and haven't missed this too much. I think what I look forward to most is just a beer at a dive bar with some friends.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:22 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:10 pm

It's been a long time since they've come up :lolol:

I have actually :troywax: four figures on one in the past six months so I can finally play with the big boys.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:26 pm

I have actually :troywax: four figures on one in the past six months so I can finally play with the big boys.
Featured brand?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I want to try one of those “cooling” Purple mattresses. I think they’re in some stores now, so I can go lay on one and make sure it’s firm enough for me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Featured brand?
Casper Hybrid Cali King. :troywax:
max225

I am sleeping on a $499 sealy from 8 years ago :yikes:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:16 pm I want an americano now. :sad: fucking COVID.
I've been enjoying my coffees at home, both hot and :fancy: cold brew and haven't missed this too much. I think what I look forward to most is just a beer at a dive bar with some friends.
Yeah I hear that. I'm so fucking sick of washing dishes. I'd love to just go pound a few beers at a bar, get a burger and some fries, and just hang out.

I can't make espresso drinks at home. Pour over coffee yeah, and it's generally better than what I used to get at coffee shops. I just like walking to a coffee shop with the dog, the sounds and smells, picking out a pastry, getting a coffee, and then walking to a park to enjoy some peace and quiet and nature before the day starts.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:56 pm

I am sleeping on a $499 sealy from 8 years ago :yikes:
I have a beautyrest or some shit. I can't fucking wait to throw that turd out. Bought it like 4 years ago. It has a dip in the center. I weigh 160. The lady is a lot less than that. There's no reason it should have a dip.

It will get the boot when we are able to move back into the master bedroom and refurnish it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Yeah I hear that. I'm so fucking sick of washing dishes. I'd love to just go pound a few beers at a bar, get a burger and some fries, and just hang out.

I can't make espresso drinks at home. Pour over coffee yeah, and it's generally better than what I used to get at coffee shops. I just like walking to a coffee shop with the dog, the sounds and smells, picking out a pastry, getting a coffee, and then walking to a park to enjoy some peace and quiet and nature before the day starts.
That does sound like a good time.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Amen :like: :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Drive a bunch of :jeep: today. We are pretty much dialed in on a new four door soft top in Bikini. Looking at the Oscar Mike or Sport with some non poverty features.

Trying to make a :dill: on this: https://www.lakenormanchrysler.com/new/ ... cec78c.htm

They are offering $37.6k /$40k OTD. Seems pretty good to me, any thoughts? The Beemah is the issue as selling it before :troywax: would be ideal, they offered $12k which is meh.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:49 pm Drive a bunch of :jeep: today. We are pretty much dialed in on a new four door soft top in Bikini. Looking at the Oscar Mike or Sport with some non poverty features.

Trying to make a :dill: on this: https://www.lakenormanchrysler.com/new/ ... cec78c.htm

They are offering $37.6k /$40k OTD. Seems pretty good to me, any thoughts? The Beemah is the issue as selling it before :troywax: would be ideal, they offered $12k which is meh.
:fuckyeah:

just be careful living with a convertible as a daily.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I think there is another $1k haggle room floating around. Most non rubicons have $6k off right now. Might be regional tho?

Id also upsell myself on the alpine stereo. Its SOOOO much better. And I'd snag the LED light package. But thats just me. The north package seems like a lot more creature comforts.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:12 pm
dubshow wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 pm

:fuckyeah:

just be careful living with a convertible as a daily.
If it’s a premium top, it’s not bad, but I’d truly go hardtop with the freedom panels if I lived anywhere but the beach/California.

Regardless, not my decision. Everyone should own a :jeep: once in their life. Hard top, soft top, 2-door, 4-door, :aintcare:
:dat:

snow and rain is ultra meh. The road noise is also very present. Id love a 2dr soft top as a toy 3rd car, but not a daily. x2 on a basic black, non color matched top. You will scratch them doing jeep things.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:iono: we both were all :fuckyeah: on the soft top. I think the hard tops are meh as you can’t really take the top off without a lot of time and a huge storage space. We go on trips to the mountains and beach all the time and there’s no way we could take the hard top off ever. Even locally it would have to sit in the carport and leave the C5 outside... meh. So basically it would never come off, and that’s the real appeal of the car to me. Being totally honest... we’re not going off-roading any time soon. It’s just a fun car.

We did test drive a hard and soft top on the highway, I was kind of amazed at the refinement level of both, it’s really :notbad:

I am different than many here though, just don’t really care about luxury/tech features like most. Hell I bought a BMW with no features and have always found it a little boring because it’s too refined.

I was concerned :tits: would :nope: on the :jeep: but she loved it and the JL really does drive significantly better than any preceding Wrangler.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 pm I think there is another $1k haggle room floating around. Most non rubicons have $6k off right now. Might be regional tho?

Id also upsell myself on the alpine stereo. Its SOOOO much better. And I'd snag the LED light package. But thats just me. The north package seems like a lot more creature comforts.
We’re just not down with a $45k car, too :scrooge:

Good feedback on pricing though... kinda curious if they’ll call us today. $39k OTD would be cool.

It’s :mindblown: because I think this is the goat car ever her and I have both loved and will actually both want to drive. Sure, I’d want a manual two door for just me, but normally we’re polar opposite with cars we like.
Johnny_P

Soft top is rad. They get slashed and broken into here :(
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:58 am :iono: we both were all :fuckyeah: on the soft top. I think the hard tops are meh as you can’t really take the top off without a lot of time and a huge storage space. We go on trips to the mountains and beach all the time and there’s no way we could take the hard top off ever. Even locally it would have to sit in the carport and leave the C5 outside... meh. So basically it would never come off, and that’s the real appeal of the car to me. Being totally honest... we’re not going off-roading any time soon. It’s just a fun car.

We did test drive a hard and soft top on the highway, I was kind of amazed at the refinement level of both, it’s really :notbad:

I am different than many here though, just don’t really care about luxury/tech features like most. Hell I bought a BMW with no features and have always found it a little boring because it’s too refined.

I was concerned :tits: would :nope: on the :jeep: but she loved it and the JL really does drive significantly better than any preceding Wrangler.
Time isn’t much of an issue with the hardtop, but storage space is problematic. It’s also hard to do with one person if you need to throw it back in real quick for an unexpected rain session and don’t have a tarp or trail cover to throw over instead.

With two people you can easily have the hardtop top off in 5 minutes.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:58 am :iono: we both were all :fuckyeah: on the soft top. I think the hard tops are meh as you can’t really take the top off without a lot of time and a huge storage space. We go on trips to the mountains and beach all the time and there’s no way we could take the hard top off ever. Even locally it would have to sit in the carport and leave the C5 outside... meh. So basically it would never come off, and that’s the real appeal of the car to me. Being totally honest... we’re not going off-roading any time soon. It’s just a fun car.

Would be awesome if you pull el trigger
Apex
Drives: Abominable

In4BikiniBros
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:01 pmIn4BikiniBros
:dock: :hibachi: