Are you eating take out?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

Are you eating take out?

Yes, this virus won't come between me and my take out!
22%
No, I'm only eating packaged foods, or stuff I cook, including ramen (if you found it).
17%
Sometimes I eat take out, I like to live on the edge and it's like playing COVID-Roulette.
61%
I only eat what I have grown myself.
No votes

Total votes: 23
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Got takeout last night. Was 5/7. We’d probably do more, but our preferred spots in Maryville are either closed our only doing meals once a week-ish.

Grocery shop once a week. Sanitize hands after putting groceries in car, Wash hands after putting them away. Usually try to buy some larger hunks of :meat: to make multiple meals out of for the week.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

We do take-out once a week with the local joints. The annoying thing is if we order delivery, 90% of the time, the fucking delivery guy keeps knocking on the door and standing there even though we specified contactless delivery. I've just gotten to going full Home Alone on them:

The curbside pick-up isn't bad. Just pop the trunk and off you go. I don't typically wipe the containers down since the heat from the cooked food kills the virus. We simply move the food to our plates, dispose of the containers, and wash our hands. The lady will wipe down the containers we get at the grocery store, though, and we wear gloves and masks when going to the store.

The amount of people not taking it seriously is worrisome. I've had to get downright indignant with some people who have taken it upon themselves to make a point of standing close to others and disobeying other safe practices. I can guarantee that they didn't stand nut-to-butt in line with people before this pandemic, so I don't understand why this has become the hill they choose to die on. Furthermore, they get extremely upset when called out on their bullshit.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

We've gotten takeout twice during all of this craziness. Both from small family restaurants that we know the owners of to try and help them stay open.

We've been making a point for the last year or so to not eat out often anyway. So much wasted money when I can cook a similar meal to whatever we'd get out for 1/3 the cost.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

We are getting it a couple of times/week, trying to order out of local spots that we don't want to die.

It is also really nice to have some yummy food and it seems as low or lower risk than going to the crazy packed grocery stores.

Also, now that the wife is gimp with no arms, I have to fucking spoon feed her, so I'm not that enthused on cooking every goddamn meal, then feeding, then cleaning up, then taking care of a puppy, doing my day job, etc. So I'm willing to roll the dice on take out. Her coworkers were nice enough to pool together and give us a few hundred in PostMates credit, so that helps too.

I'm a skinny, young, white dude, so I think risks are pretty low.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:44 pm We are getting it a couple of times/week, trying to order out of local spots that we don't want to die.

It is also really nice to have some yummy food and it seems as low or lower risk than going to the crazy packed grocery stores.

Also, now that the wife is gimp with no arms, I have to fucking spoon feed her, so I'm not that enthused on cooking every goddamn meal, then feeding, then cleaning up, then taking care of a puppy, doing my day job, etc. So I'm willing to roll the dice on take out. Her coworkers were nice enough to pool together and give us a few hundred in PostMates credit, so that helps too.

I'm a skinny, young, white dude, so I think risks are pretty low.
I can see this.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:06 pm I’m ordering takeout tonight. Will come home, pop the containers open at the table and eat.
I sometimes transfer to a plate because I'm a :fancy: ass bitch, but pretty much #metoo.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:09 pm
Apex wrote:I’m ordering takeout tonight. Will come home, pop the containers open at the table and eat.
We are direct from our Chinese takeout containers over the weekend. Might have been risky. :iono:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucky that you have a Chinese place open, everything is closed here except for panda express.

Ive never been to a panda express, but have had cravings for take out Chinese might have to.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

09vdubgti wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:09 pm We are direct from our Chinese takeout containers over the weekend. Might have been risky. :iono:

Lucky that you have a Chinese place open, everything is closed here except for panda express.

Ive never been to a panda express, but have had cravings for take out Chinese might have to.
We didn’t. We drove 50 minutes round-trip for it.

I didn’t realize they’d all be closed. Should have known. People in hillbillyville are probably blaming them.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:58 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:06 pm I’m ordering takeout tonight. Will come home, pop the containers open at the table and eat.
I sometimes transfer to a plate because I'm a :fancy: ass bitch, but pretty much #metoo.
Same.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:45 pm
09vdubgti wrote:

I didn’t realize they’d all be closed. Should have known. People in hillbillyville are probably blaming them.

Unfortunately, :dat:

Also, :lolol: at "hillbillyville"
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:09 pm
Apex wrote:I’m ordering takeout tonight. Will come home, pop the containers open at the table and eat.
We are direct from our Chinese takeout containers over the weekend. Might have been risky. :iono:

Probably no riskier than usual. Viruses tend to not survive the high temperatures found inside steaming boxes of food.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Huckleberry wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:09 pm We are direct from our Chinese takeout containers over the weekend. Might have been risky. :iono:

Probably no riskier than usual. Viruses tend to not survive the high temperatures found inside steaming boxes of food.
Kinda what we thought.

I work in a room with 12 other people everyday, so I’m probably at a higher risk of contracting it there versus my takeout containers.

09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Wocka Wocka wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:45 pm
09vdubgti wrote:

I'd do a 50 minute rt for it, worth it.

My mothers tenants own a chinese take out place, great family. They Closed back in early March because they didnt have business. They left the apartment saying they couldn't afford the rent and went back to nyc. However they didnt want to lose the apartment so they still paid the rent. It was amusing seeing them in the morning doing their tai chi.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

09vdubgti wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:45 pm We didn’t. We drove 50 minutes round-trip for it.

My mothers tenants own a chinese take out place, great family. They Closed back in early March because they didnt have business. They left the apartment saying they couldn't afford the rent and went back to nyc. However they didnt want to lose the apartment so they still paid the rent. It was amusing seeing them in the morning doing their tai chi.
We drive almost two hours round trip for work, so 50 minutes is nothing.

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:11 pm
09vdubgti wrote:

We drive almost two hours round trip for work, so 50 minutes is nothing.

Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Zero Take out since this began and Waxer levels of NBC decontamination on groceries coming in the house.

Due to a shortage of wipes and paper towels in my area, I have adapted my procedures to include washing everything (that has impervious packaging) in hot-as-I-can-stand-it soapy water.

I save my wipes and for cold and frozen stuff.

Everything else sits in the garage for at least 48 hours. I will sometimes pour stuff out of its original packaging into gallon sized zip locks with gloved hands.

RE Take out, I am not really worried about the food being contaminated....you don't get the virus from ingesting it anyway. My biggest worries are the packaging and coming into close contact with people during the the pick up.

Frankly, my wife and I are very good cooks....and I have been making a lot of really tasty restaurant style food every other day or so. I have my deep fryer set up in the garage.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:11 pm We drive almost two hours round trip for work, so 50 minutes is nothing.

Price of having the house we wanted. Additional bonus now, we’re pretty isolated and have less than 20 coronavirus cases in our valley.

wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:38 pm
troyguitar wrote:
Price of having the house we wanted. Additional bonus now, we’re pretty isolated and have less than 20 coronavirus cases in our valley.

Are you in Hooterville?
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:38 pm

Are you in Hooterville?
Between Hooterville and Hillbillyville to be precise.

Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:27 pm
wap wrote:
Are you in Hooterville?

What's that ah hear? Banjo?
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Irish wrote:
Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:27 pm Between Hooterville and Hillbillyville to be precise.

What's that ah hear? Banjo?
We prefer to call it Mountain Guitar.

wap

Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:27 pm
wap wrote:
Are you in Hooterville?

Oh, so Stankwell Falls then.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:04 am
wap wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Oh, so Stankwell Falls then.
Are we talking about towns or body parts here?
It's from Green Acres.
The Douglas's moved to Hooterville, which is near the towns of Pixley, Crabwell Corners, and Stankwell Falls.
:wub: that show.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:24 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:04 am

Are we talking about towns or body parts here?
It's from Green Acres.
The Douglas's moved to Hooterville, which is near the towns of Pixley, Crabwell Corners, and Stankwell Falls.
:wap:
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:56 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:24 pm

It's from Green Acres.
:wap:
:dat:
Hilarious show, doe.