:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:46 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:36 pm

No fire sale ? :lolgasm: if he actually wants to sell that thing ... 25 seems like a reasonable price
No way. He knows what he has.. Just look at that state of the art radio stack in super luxuriously thin silver painted plastic. That stuff didn't come out mainstream until the 2009 Focus.
POTD
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:15 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:06 am I bet you could find someone desperate in a month or two and get a 987.1 S for like... $14K. That one is low miles and a dope color, so I'm going to say $10K premium at $24K is reasonable.
I've been watching vehicle listings and haven't noticed any real drop in asking prices.

Desperation apparently hasn't set in yet.
Desperation levels probably won’t hit for a few months... Dem extra Trump bucks will help float people for another 4 months.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:43 am
I've been watching vehicle listings and haven't noticed any real drop in asking prices.

Desperation levels probably won’t hit for a few months... Dem extra Trump bucks will help float people for another 4 months.
$1200 ain’t doing nothing for someone who has a poorsche even. Desperation is setting in already but it hasn’t showed itself in the cars just yet, hell you can’t even go out and buy them really ... I don’t even know if the dmv is open
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:54 am

$1200 ain’t doing nothing for someone who has a poorsche even. Desperation is setting in already but it hasn’t showed itself in the cars just yet, hell you can’t even go out and buy them really ... I don’t even know if the dmv is open
Good point. Our DMV was closed last week, dunno about now.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:54 am

:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:06 am I bet you could find someone desperate in a month or two and get a 987.1 S for like... $14K. That one is low miles and a dope color, so I'm going to say $10K premium at $24K is reasonable.

:iono: man, I bet you could get a lot of stuff for a steal... people are asking what was normal a month ago still, but I'd be willing to wager no one is actually buying. Six weeks from now when whoever it is needs the cash, and nothing has moved, deals will be available. I could be :wrong: but that's my guess.

I think the lowest cost vehicles could stay the same or get a little bit pricier as people need transportation but don't want to spend much, so stuff like our Fusion that was worth $3500 a month ago is still probably in that range.

Mid tier sports cars/lifestyle things will take a large hit. My C5 is something no one needs - I bet it drops from $11K to $6k. I imagine the $10K-$90K market gets hit hard, with the most expensive of things not being impacted that much, as those rich enough to own will have the means to hold them through the shit storm.

Just my predictions.
max225

It also depends what the oems will do, they have been on
Lock down for 2 weeks, and probably another month left and I don’t believe they are getting any bail out of sorts yet... but they are eating billion dollar losses weekly right now... and I’m not talking sales, I’m talking keeping millions on payroll sitting at home
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:10 am It also depends what the oems will do, they have been on
Lock down for 2 weeks, and probably another month left and I don’t believe they are getting any bail out of sorts yet... but they are eating billion dollar losses weekly right now... and I’m not talking sales, I’m talking keeping millions on payroll sitting at home
I'm getting my full salary, but also putting in 8-10 hour days every day. I'm doing more work now than I did in the office. If anything, the company is getting more value from the "investment" in many salaries because they don't have to pay the cost of keeping the giant complex office open.

But yes...no money is coming in, yet money is still going out. The cash flow is certainly concerning.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:19 am
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:10 am It also depends what the oems will do, they have been on
I'm getting my full salary, but also putting in 8-10 hour days every day. I'm doing more work now than I did in the office. If anything, the company is getting more value from the "investment" in many salaries because they don't have to pay the cost of keeping the giant complex office open.

But yes...no money is coming in, yet money is still going out. The cash flow is certainly concerning.
Didn’t you just post that your boss can’t bug you and you’re a bit less productive in another thread ?

Also factory workers are home aren’t they ? Office drones like you and I can make due with being at home, as we communicate through phone calls, emails etc so we’re not as affected.

The OEMs thankfully had record profits for the last few years and are sitting on quite a bit of cash, but this is immensely painful, I’m a little shocked that they were not part of the bail out yet... but I am sure round 2 is coming...

millions on unemployment not being able to buy new
Millions defaulting on car payments (ford credit was the only way ford was making money) they are about to take on huge losses.

People are also driving far less requiring less maintenance etc ...

It’s an epic scary time...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:24 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:19 am

Didn’t you just post that your boss can’t bug you and you’re a bit less productive in another thread ?

Also factory workers are home aren’t they ? Office drones like you and I can make due with being at home, as we communicate through phone calls, emails etc so we’re not as affected.

The OEMs thankfully had record profits for the last few years and are sitting on quite a bit of cash, but this is immensely painful, I’m a little shocked that they were not part of the bail out yet... but I am sure round 2 is coming...

millions on unemployment not being able to buy new
Millions defaulting on car payments (ford credit was the only way ford was making money) they are about to take on huge losses.

People are also driving far less requiring less maintenance etc ...

It’s an epic scary time...
No, my productivity is up...no ifs ands or butts about that one.

But yea, the factory and other workers that actually build shit are home. Us office shills will only be able to work for so long without anything actually being built. But I work on future stuff all the time, so my job is proven years after I do it...which admittedly is weird but also critical to keep a company progressing.

The industry is going to be royally fucked in every regard.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... =spotlight

$36,800 for a Stinger GT2 AWD V6 fully loaded with hardly any miles on it. Audi gray over red. This was around $50k MSRP. Wow.

Man if I lived somewhere I could park this...
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Have you driven one yet? I hear totally mixed reviews. Either the person says it's the deal of the century and a fantastic car, or it's got a ton of quality issues and they still don't have the damping right.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

A lot of interesting stuff flows through that Kia dealership... STis, GTRs, FJs... seems odd.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:08 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... =spotlight

$36,800 for a Stinger GT2 AWD V6 fully loaded with hardly any miles on it. Audi gray over red. This was around $50k MSRP. Wow.

Aren't brand new ones not really any more? New will have the full warranty too
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:08 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... =spotlight

Aren't brand new ones not really any more? New will have the full warranty too
42k ish
Desertbreh

Also round vents.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:06 pm Also round vents.
:gag: :gag: :gag:
:gag: :nope: :gag:
:gag: :gag: :gag:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man... I wonder how cheap this will get in the Corona :nuke:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 101925770/
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:46 am Man... I wonder how cheap this will get in the Corona :nuke:
brain go brrrrrr
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

You're not the only one watching that listing... :evilplan:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:46 am Man... I wonder how cheap this will get in the Corona :nuke:
Is that some sort of Atom rip off ?
max225

Yea but these will continue to depreciate like an S class.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:55 am

Yea but these will continue to depreciate like an S class.
Yeah it would have to be a long term ownership proposition.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's an Exocet, Miata based kit car. They are :neat: I have actually talked to this owner and run with him on track. He tows it to the track with an MS3, all of which is :fuckyeah:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:20 am

It's an Exocet, Miata based kit car. They are :neat: I have actually talked to this owner and run with him on track. He tows it to the track with an MS3, all of which is :fuckyeah:
You know the guy? How’s the build quality on his?

I’ve been watching the posting like a hawk too. I wish it wasn’t such a vape bro color though.