So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:33 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:30 pm :notbad:

Time to sing kumbaya with :waxer:
Hah..

I just want something I can practice and learn on that isn't plugged in all the time. I really, really suck and need to spend some serious hours practicing to get back to only really sucking.
It's very much an hours game. FWIW I generally tell people to practice on electrics if that's the kind of music you want to end up playing, but I also just don't like acoustics period so I'm biased.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:38 pm Got my quarantaine kompanion today. It is absolutely shockingly orange. Mission Accomplished. :fuckyeah:Image
fuck yeah. your guitar matches the McLaren F1 car!

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

My desktop background has been the other orange McLaren F1 for years now.

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 pm My desktop background has been the other orange McLaren F1 for years now.

:fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Getting these mounted in stock size on the factory Prets later today, very curious to see how they pan out. They cost 2/3 of ECS and have a longer tread life which is the name of the game for most of my driving style. The only complaint seems to be a slightly disconnected feel on turn it but they are quiet and great in dry/wet. :notbad:

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Have spent $150 in last 2.5 weeks. Only on food and booze. Nothing to report in this :bread:

:scrooge:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 am Have spent $150 in last 2.5 weeks. Only on food and booze. Nothing to report in this :bread:

:pout:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 am
dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 am Have spent $150 in last 2.5 weeks. Only on food and booze. Nothing to report in this :bread:

Exactly. But wfh isn't the worst. My outside view is upgraded.
Apex

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:01 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 am

Exactly. But wfh isn't the worst. My outside view is upgraded.
:notbad:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:34 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:18 pm

Luckily we print credit cards faster than the treasury prints cash and people here have almost zero reservations about spending money they don't have (see the people racking up their credit cards for T.P. and hand sanitizer).

Good luck man..
When it all comes tumbling down, credit debt won't matter. :aintcare:

That being said, my credit cards have been reserved for when I've got no reserves left.
If you are short on cash and need the float, look at the 0% balance transfer offers on your credit cards. Yes they usually have a 3 or 4% fee, but you can tap your credit line for cash. Last time we had a massive downturn in the economy the credit card companies started cutting back on credit limits. So think about that before your limits get cut back, if you need to.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:14 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:34 am

When it all comes tumbling down, credit debt won't matter. :aintcare:

That being said, my credit cards have been reserved for when I've got no reserves left.
If you are short on cash and need the float, look at the 0% balance transfer offers on your credit cards. Yes they usually have a 3 or 4% fee, but you can tap your credit line for cash. Last time we had a massive downturn in the economy the credit card companies started cutting back on credit limits. So think about that before your limits get cut back, if you need to.
:notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Speaking of credit cards, Visa bought me these today and they are awesome. At least as good as the Conti 5Ps but I'm going to say better in most ways in today's weather. The treads are 360 rated and treads look like they have MOAR meat. This will be a sufficient set to get me through the apocalypse. :fuckyeah:

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

None of my snowboard pants fit :fuckyeah: gainz (had to borrow and old baggy pair my buddy in seattle has when I went earlier this month), so I may grab a pair and some new goggles from this company doing an end of season sale. Help prop up that economy :thisisfine:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ended up getting my three Valentine One radar detectors "upgraded" to the new gen2 unit.

Overall it is a much better unit and now they have Bluetooth integrated so working with apps is simple. seems to be a lot more accurate than the older units.

Now I need to get some time in on hardwiring and mounting the one for the JL. That damned flat windshield won't work with the V1 mount. Gotta fab something up with 3M VHB tape to the front roll bar I guess.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:55 pm Ended up getting my three Valentine One radar detectors "upgraded" to the new gen2 unit.

Overall it is a much better unit and now they have Bluetooth integrated so working with apps is simple. seems to be a lot more accurate than the older units.

Now I need to get some time in on hardwiring and mounting the one for the JL. That damned flat windshield won't work with the V1 mount. Gotta fab something up with 3M VHB tape to the front roll bar I guess.
Take the day off and work on it buddy.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:55 pm Ended up getting my three Valentine One radar detectors "upgraded" to the new gen2 unit.

You have a R7 as well, right? Pros/cons?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Take the day off and work on it buddy.
I might do it on Sunday.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Yeah, I really tried to like the R7, but the mounting options suck, and also the button placement is weird. I like to mount the radar detectors high up by the headliner and the R7 buttons on top are kind of far back and hard to reach.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:31 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Yeah, I really tried to like the R7, but the mounting options suck, and also the button placement is weird. I like to mount the radar detectors high up by the headliner and the R7 buttons on top are kind of far back and hard to reach.
Yeah, my R3 is mounted up high like that. It’s a solid detector once I did the software update to kill most BSM falses. Many thanks for that suggestion!
Apex

1600 rounds was delivered today. I just want to go pewpew, but our stupid ass governor shut down ranges and gun stores claiming they are non-essential; when he later stated it was because he doesn’t like guns. :rage: :angry:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:49 pm 1600 rounds was delivered today. I just want to go pewpew, but our stupid ass governor shut down ranges and gun stores claiming they are non-essential; when he later stated it was because he doesn’t like guns. :rage: :angry:
:lolol: the ol' switcharoo :derp:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:24 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:49 pm 1600 rounds was delivered today. I just want to go pewpew, but our stupid ass governor shut down ranges and gun stores claiming they are non-essential; when he later stated it was because he doesn’t like guns. :rage: :angry:
:lolol: the ol' switcharoo :derp:
There are 3 separate lawsuits, I think, against him for doing this.
Because we don’t have enough loops to jump through to exercise our 2A rights in this state. He smiles at his armed security detail and laughs at us plebeians.
troyguitar

I mean, the ranges especially are in no way essential...
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:34 pm I mean, the ranges especially are in no way essential...
Gotta keep your skills sharp for when this mutates into a zombie virus and headshots are the only answer.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:34 pm I mean, the ranges especially are in no way essential...
All of the ranges I know of in NJ are attached to gun stores. They also supply the local PDs for ammo.

There has been a massive run on firearms, many of them to first time owners, and you want to deny them training on how to use them. :notsure: