OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 pm
wap wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Apparently that applies to us, too. It's still being thought about by our owner, who's a 5/7 great guy, but if I have to go in, I'll go. Fortunately, my cube is normally surrounded by salespeople who would continue to work remote so there would be literally no one around me for at least 15-20 feet.
Yeah I'm pretty isolated at work. My booth is 20'x20' and I have my own appliances so I only need to leave for the restroom.
Sounds like you're pretty safe, too then.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

All my co-workers standing in line to punch out 3" from each other :derp:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 am All my co-workers standing in line to punch out 3" from each other :derp:
What doesn't kill you builds immunity. I think. :hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:50 pm Image
Loving these... nice to keep things light at the moment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:57 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmULzkC ... e=youtu.be awwwyeaaaa
:disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think I may go out and drive some twisties today before full lock down starts at 8 AM tomorrow.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:36 am I think I may go out and drive some twisties today before full lock down starts at 8 AM tomorrow.
sounds awesome.

day 2 WFH.... my fucking chair is terrible. Im in real pain 1.5 hrs in.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

From our CEO (part of a longer message):
Since our meeting on Friday, I had a number of people come forward and say they wanted to participate in the executive team’s pay reduction. These volunteers have made my eyes water a couple of times because I know what type of sacrifice they are each making. The executive team, as we have continued to evaluate the situation, has increased their pay reduction to forgo an average of 80% of their salary. Other members of leadership have volunteered to take short-term pay cuts of 50% and all will be accepting some sort of reduction. But, it’s those people at lower levels who have come to me and said, “I’m in for 25%” that really have inspired me. Additionally, we are analyzing every dollar of non-payroll expense as you might imagine. (We Are Acting Like Owners and being frugal).
I am sort of mulling over reaching out to my boss and offering to take an unpaid furlough. Any thoughts on if this is a good idea or nah? My job is really shitty for me at the moment as I am expected to make 30+ outbound sales calls/day and that's just painful at this point. It also isn't all that productive, no one is trying new stuff right now or anything like that, my sales numbers are dumb luck at this point.

I don't think he would like the idea of it as he probably would feel it would impact future sales, so maybe it's best to leave well enough alone.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:50 am From our CEO (part of a longer message):
Since our meeting on Friday, I had a number of people come forward and say they wanted to participate in the executive team’s pay reduction. These volunteers have made my eyes water a couple of times because I know what type of sacrifice they are each making. The executive team, as we have continued to evaluate the situation, has increased their pay reduction to forgo an average of 80% of their salary. Other members of leadership have volunteered to take short-term pay cuts of 50% and all will be accepting some sort of reduction. But, it’s those people at lower levels who have come to me and said, “I’m in for 25%” that really have inspired me. Additionally, we are analyzing every dollar of non-payroll expense as you might imagine. (We Are Acting Like Owners and being frugal).
I am sort of mulling over reaching out to my boss and offering to take an unpaid furlough. Any thoughts on if this is a good idea or nah? My job is really shitty for me at the moment as I am expected to make 30+ outbound sales calls/day and that's just painful at this point. It also isn't all that productive, no one is trying new stuff right now or anything like that, my sales numbers are dumb luck at this point.

I don't think he would like the idea of it as he probably would feel it would impact future sales, so maybe it's best to leave well enough alone.
See how this crap pans out and then if anything reach out next week. Pretty admirable on your leadership to take such cuts
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:50 am From our CEO (part of a longer message):

Maybe next week, and I'd offer part time with part time pay, or at least open the door.
Phrase it such as, "look no one is buying anything and these calls are super short, so I'm getting through my que more quickly. Maybe I could do my part by working part time and not taking my full base salary. Thoughts?"

Also, going to part time based on hourly sets a precedent when you go to back to full time that pay decrease won't stick.
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:36 am I think I may go out and drive some twisties today before full lock down starts at 8 AM tomorrow.
:ohdang: in NC? :doit: stretch her legs
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

I wouldn’t do a god damn thing. The company will fire you if you take a cut or not and give 0 fucks. I don’t trust em... so just get the most you can before :doomed:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:19 am

I wouldn’t do a god damn thing. The company will fire you if you take a cut or not and give 0 fucks. I don’t trust em... so just get the most you can before :doomed:
Eh, it sounds like they’re looking to do right by people with execs all taking a cut and shit.

I think Brad has the right approach. Wait til next week, offer to go part time with an equivalent salary reduction and use the call duration and volume as your reasoning. Then go back to full time and full salary when this is done.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:39 am
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:19 am
Eh, it sounds like they’re looking to do right by people with execs all taking a cut and shit.

I think Brad has the right approach. Wait til next week, offer to go part time with an equivalent salary reduction and use the call duration and volume as your reasoning. Then go back to full time and full salary when this is done.
Isn’t the pay structure commission based as is, so... pay cut is happening either way
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:42 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:39 am

Isn’t the pay structure commission based as is, so... pay cut is happening either way
I think he’s 75% base salary and then commissions on top of that.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:

:dat:
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:43 am
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:42 am

Yea I am :notsure: what the right call is here. But I would wait to see some sort of guarantee before taking a cut, like, if we all take 25% we stay afloat.

I am not sure about his company structure but payroll for us is not that big of a chunk of company expenses. But this obviously varies greatly by company. I’m directing cuts in all other areas outside of payroll (30%).
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I personally wouldn't initiate anything unless you're ready to quit for good.

This whole disaster is going to allow all companies to "right size" their workforce. Mass layoffs then add people back as needed. "Do more with less" and all that fucking garbage will be running rampant.

My wife and I are anticipating her layoff to be permanent. When they laid her off for the week they said "to be reevaluated at the end of the week" which means she's done since the governor issued a 3 week shelter in place. Her work doesn't consider working unless you're in the office. My wife hated her job, and she's so happy right now I'm ecstatic. This worked out great because she can collect unemployment whenever we want to sign up for it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:48 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:43 am

Yea I am :notsure: what the right call is here. But I would wait to see some sort of guarantee before taking a cut, like, if we all take 25% we stay afloat.

I am not sure about his company structure but payroll for us is not that big of a chunk of company expenses. But this obviously varies greatly by company. I’m directing cuts in all other areas outside of payroll (30%).
Reselling tech stuff is a low margin, high volume business with usually very little inventory held on hand (drop shipments and whatnot). I suspect the vast majority of their cost is in payroll which is why the leadership is basically soliciting for people to take a pay cut.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
This whole disaster is going to allow all companies to "right size" their workforce. Mass layoffs then add people back as needed. "Do more with less" and all that fucking garbage will be running rampant.

:doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:59 am
Detroit wrote:

:doomed:
It's going to suck big time. Fat cats need to stay fat...and they will at all costs.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 am
max225 wrote: I wouldn’t do a god damn thing. The company will fire you if you take a cut or not and give 0 fucks. I don’t trust em... so just get the most you can before :doomed:
:dat: :dat:

Take it from me, having taken a pay cut in years past. The idea was that we would only do it for 2-3 quarters until a project completed and revenue was back up. Everyone agreed and it was done. 4 years later I had to bitch and almost riot to get it back, but raises in that time were non-existent. This was/is a company with a $40B market cap.

Don't volunteer shit unless your salary is only a fraction of your income. Execs often pull in many multiples of their salary in bonuses, perks and stock grants. Moving to $0/yr salary isn't anything for them other than good PR to make the unknowing feel better about the company leadership.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:29 amExecs often pull in many multiples of their salary in bonuses, perks and stock grants. Moving to $0/yr salary isn't anything for them other than good PR to make the unknowing feel better about the company leadership.
Really good point. Taking a 100% "pay cut" for them might only be a 10% income reduction.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Griff if you do anything I’d say you can tell them you’ll sacrifice the commission portion.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.