The Official 4zilch Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:howdy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

It’s been a quiet off-season, although admittedly there’s a couple things that need addressed (fiesta tires and brakes, RVF forks, body work, etc).

The Tuono should’ve needed nothing other than tires, but admittedly I’ve never been super comfortable with the stock handlebar - it doesn’t have enough sweep and/or drop, and makes for some unnatural wrist angles IMO.

I reached out to Woodcraft for a solution and they sent me a set of adjustable riser clip-on they’re prototyping to fit. After a bit of fiddling to make sure they clear the tank and the fairing while on the steering stops I got them fitted. Very happy with how they feel. About 1-1.5” lower than the stock bar while providing a much more drop and sweep for the rider. Haven’t ridden with them yet, but from the seat, they’re comfortable.

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Fiesta Front pads replaced (EBC Yellows). Brakes bled/flushed. Need tires and an alignment.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:26 am Fiesta Front pads replaced (EBC Yellows). Brakes bled/flushed. Need tires and an alignment.
I came in expecting to see a new CUV
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:20 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:26 am Fiesta Front pads replaced (EBC Yellows). Brakes bled/flushed. Need tires and an alignment.
I came in expecting to see a new CUV
:wrong:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote:
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:20 am I came in expecting to see a new CUV
Dis big bish doe. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:33 am
4zilch wrote:
Dis big bish doe. Image

Looks good, too lorge :doe:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:33 am Dis big bish doe. Image

twin turbo v8 doe. :megusta:

Its dope but yeah. its yuge. It dwarfed Erin. She is really stuck on the sq5. Amazing they are in the same class being sized like they are different.

inches matter yo.

183″ L x 75″ W x 65″ H

192″ L x 76″ W x 69″ H
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:40 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 am

Its dope but yeah. its yuge. It dwarfed Erin. She is really stuck on the sq5. Amazing they are in the same class being sized like they are different.

inches matter yo.

183″ L x 75″ W x 65″ H

192″ L x 76″ W x 69″ H
:word: 192" is a big betch
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Nothing new to report here. No vehicle changes in 2020

The Fiesta is nearing 115k miles and needs a bit of TLC. All things I would’ve done last year had I anticipated keeping the Fiesta through 2020. Things to do over the next month or so.

Rebushing the twist beam (powerflex)
Replacing LCA’s (quicker and easier than rebuilding). Will probably end up with OEM, although I’m researching an aftermarket option
Sway bar bushings
Rebuilding or replacing front calipers (need to research options)
Replacing rubber brake lines

Need to do a timing belt soonish as well - will probably do engine mounts at this time as well.

Oh and it’s about due for another set of tires...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Heading to Michigan for track days this week. Obligatory clapped out :truk: pic.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

4zilch wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:31 am Heading to Michigan for track days this week. Obligatory clapped out :truk: pic.

:boner:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Track days were a success. It was a nice reminder how good the Honda is around the track. The Aprilia struggled with traction all week. So much wheel spin.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:04 pm Track days were a success. It was a nice reminder how good the Honda is around the track. The Aprilia struggled with traction all week. So much wheel spin.

:massles:

Pretty cool that you can take both and switcharoo, can you pretty much just do that at will on a session by session basis?

My buddy and I wanted to switch cars for a session at Roebling the other weekend but sadly it wasn't practical as he was in the beginner run group and I was in intermediate.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The Honda looks so damn sweet :jimp:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:42 am
4zilch wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:04 pm Track days were a success. It was a nice reminder how good the Honda is around the track. The Aprilia struggled with traction all week. So much wheel spin.

Pretty cool that you can take both and switcharoo, can you pretty much just do that at will on a session by session basis?

My buddy and I wanted to switch cars for a session at Roebling the other weekend but sadly it wasn't practical as he was in the beginner run group and I was in intermediate.
It depends on the org.

If you bring your own bikes and run them all through tech, you can ride whatever you want as long as you ride within your group (N, I, A). Swapping rides with a friend, as long as they're registered for the same groups is NBD. Swapping rides with people from different groups needs to be pre-approved by the org.

This event is a bit different because it's private. We run "groups" but it's more like a loosely organized open track - meaning anyone can ride in any group whenever they want. I would often take the Honda out for the last 5 minutes in Novice to get the tires warmed up, send it in Intermediate, then jump on the Aprilia to run advanced.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:25 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:42 am

It depends on the org.

If you bring your own bikes and run them all through tech, you can ride whatever you want as long as you ride within your group (N, I, A). Swapping rides with a friend, as long as they're registered for the same groups is NBD. Swapping rides with people from different groups needs to be pre-approved by the org.

This event is a bit different because it's private. We run "groups" but it's more like a loosely organized open track - meaning anyone can ride in any group whenever they want. I would often take the Honda out for the last 5 minutes in Novice to get the tires warmed up, send it in Intermediate, then jump on the Aprilia to run advanced.
That is awesome.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Bunch of parts ordered for the Fiesta.

Control arms, caliper rebuild kits, pads, rotors, some power flex bushings for the twist beam and sway bar bushes.

Oh and the car sprung a coolant leak from a coolant overflow hose, so ordered that too. Just 116k mile car things. :nuke:

Oh, and I need tires too :wasteful:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

4zilch wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:00 pm Bunch of parts ordered for the Fiesta.

Control arms, caliper rebuild kits, pads, rotors, some power flex bushings for the twist beam and sway bar bushes.

Oh and the car sprung a coolant leak from a coolant overflow hose, so ordered that too. Just 116k mile car things. :nuke:

How will you ever change any of that stuff on your rusty old rustbelt-dwelling rust bucket?

:trollface:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:35 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:00 pm Bunch of parts ordered for the Fiesta.

How will you ever change any of that stuff on your rusty old rustbelt-dwelling rust bucket?

:trollface:
:lolol: :iswydt:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Rebuilt a lazy caliper on the Fiesta. Single pots make life easy. Went back together with slotted stoptechs (because they were available, and I found them for cheap :scrooge: ). USPS lost and then found replacement control arm bolts (single use TTY). So once they show up I’ll slap on new control arms. Might add a front track bar because bored.

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

New control arms, who dis?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:03 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:40 am

inches matter yo.

183″ L x 75″ W x 65″ H

192″ L x 76″ W x 69″ H
:word: 192" is a big betch
Dat 177" X1 35i