Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Yo @wap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:49 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 am

I had a really good burger and wangs last Friday or the previous Friday at a spot that opened up in my hood a while back but I hadn’t been to yet. I’ll probably be back. Michelle had their chicken sandwich and that was also very good.
So :jelly:

I don't think I've had beef in a month or more. I will probably treat myself to a burger one day soon.
How are you feeling eating less beef? I’ve heard a few people say they generally feel better, but that was cutting out all meat.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:52 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:49 am

So :jelly:

I don't think I've had beef in a month or more. I will probably treat myself to a burger one day soon.
How are you feeling eating less beef? I’ve heard a few people say they generally feel better, but that was cutting out all meat.
I've reduced all meat and more or less cut out beef. I feel the same... :iono: nothing life changing.

Since doing this, I've gorged on pulled pork twice and had a pretty significant portion (like probably 12+ ounces) and felt kind of bad after where before I wouldn't have, that's about the only thing I've noticed. Strength gainz do seem to be tapered a bit.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:12 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:52 am

I've reduced all meat and more or less cut out beef. I feel the same... :iono: nothing life changing.

Since doing this, I've gorged on pulled pork twice and had a pretty significant portion (like probably 12+ ounces) and felt kind of bad after where before I wouldn't have, that's about the only thing I've noticed. Strength gainz do seem to be tapered a bit.
Substitute with some extra whey to keep the gainz train rolling? I guess that kinda defeats the purpose though since it’s still a beef/dairy farming byproduct.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:12 am

Substitute with some extra whey to keep the gainz train rolling? I guess that kinda defeats the purpose though since it’s still a beef/dairy farming byproduct.
Nah I am still using whey, should probably bump it up to two scoops/day. Based on my research it is actually one of if not the lowest impact protein forms, I believe the reason is that it's a natural byproduct of other cattle production (don't remember what exactly but maybe butters and stuff like that).
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Nah I am still using whey, should probably bump it up to two scoops/day. Based on my research it is actually one of if not the lowest impact protein forms, I believe the reason is that it's a natural byproduct of other cattle production (don't remember what exactly but maybe butters and stuff like that).
I believe it's the byproduct of making cheese
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:17 pm

:dat:

One to two scoops a day are rookie numbers. Gotta pump those up. I’m hitting 9 scoops a day on the days I lift and 8 scoops on the day I don’t.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:00 pm

One to two scoops a day are rookie numbers. Gotta pump those up. I’m hitting 9 scoops a day on the days I lift and 8 scoops on the day I don’t.
:ohmy: :math: :thisisfine: :poop:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:butwhy: that seems like you will just :poop: it all out, no? In4 the :science:

I could bump it up to three I suppose. I need to start using water :doe: , usually my first one is milk which is :megusta: , with water it's meh.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm

I could bump it up to three I suppose. I need to start using water :doe: , usually my first one is milk which is :megusta: , with water it's meh.
You’re able to use a lot more than they say you can. The juice makes me able to use even more than that.

For anyone that’s not enhanced and doesn’t lift, I would recommend eating as many grams of brotein every day as your weight in lbs. For non-enhanced lifters, I’d bump that up to 1.25-1.5x body weight. For enhanced 2g/lb like I’m doing.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

That's a lot of brotein for non-lifters, isn't it? Seems like 150g would be tough for me to eat in ~1500 calories. Dunno though, I've never done the math beyond counting calories.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:05 pm That's a lot of brotein for non-lifters, isn't it? Seems like 150g would be tough for me to eat in ~1500 calories. Dunno though, I've never done the math beyond counting calories.
Not really. That’d only be 600 calories. You could then match your protein intake with carbs for another 150g/600cals. Then you’re left with 300cals or 34ish grams of fat. Not too bad. Swap carbs and fats as desired keeping in mind that 2g carbs = 1g fat
SAWCE

Easy to break out into meals too. Supposing you eat 4x a day you’re at 37-38g of protein per meal. That’s 4.4oz of cooked chicken breast, or a pretty normal sized breast, for your lunch or dinner meals. Hit a scoop of brotein for 25g at breakfast and then add in two whole eggs. Or do a few whole eggs with bacon and egg whites or whatever for breakfast and just got low fat the rest of the day, unless you want to swap carbs for fats.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:Easy to break out into meals too. Supposing you eat 4x a day you’re at 37-38g of protein per meal. That’s 4.4oz of cooked chicken breast, or a pretty normal sized breast, for your lunch or dinner meals. Hit a scoop of brotein for 25g at breakfast and then add in two whole eggs. Or do a few whole eggs with bacon and egg whites or whatever for breakfast and just got low fat the rest of the day, unless you want to swap carbs for fats.
Most of us morans eat/drink waaay more fat/carbs than that. It's :wrong: but eating like you suggest would be a yuuuge lifestyle change, off the top of my head I don't think any meal that I regularly eat would be compliant.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:39 pm
SAWCE wrote:Easy to break out into meals too. Supposing you eat 4x a day you’re at 37-38g of protein per meal. That’s 4.4oz of cooked chicken breast, or a pretty normal sized breast, for your lunch or dinner meals. Hit a scoop of brotein for 25g at breakfast and then add in two whole eggs. Or do a few whole eggs with bacon and egg whites or whatever for breakfast and just got low fat the rest of the day, unless you want to swap carbs for fats.
Most of us morans eat/drink waaay more fat/carbs than that. It's :wrong: but eating like you suggest would be a yuuuge lifestyle change, off the top of my head I don't think any meal that I regularly eat would be compliant.
Yeah, most people don’t eat that way normally. I mostly blame the companies making all of our processed foods. Carbs and fats are cheap and taste good when making that stuff. Whoever comes up with the RDA for that stuff is at fault too. I think they recommend 60g of protein for women and 80g for men.
troyguitar

Yeah 1g per kg of body mass is what I'd heard, not per lb.

Like today I had a cheeseburger with fries and a beer for dinner, a turkey/salami/swiss sandwich on rye for lunch, and a croissant for breakfast. Way more than the target 1500 calories but hardly any brotein.

In general the only permanent diet change I'm willing to make is to eat less. If I also have to give up on eating things I like then I'm not going to keep it up.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:15 pm Yeah 1g per kg of body mass is what I'd heard, not per lb.

Like today I had a cheeseburger with fries and a beer for dinner, a turkey/salami/swiss sandwich on rye for lunch, and a croissant for breakfast. Way more than the target 1500 calories but hardly any brotein.

In general the only permanent diet change I'm willing to make is to eat less. If I also have to give up on eating things I like then I'm not going to keep it up.
Don’t you have to give up things you like in order to eat less? :math:

I get it though man. Eating is the worst part of this lifestyle I’ve chosen to live.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Interesting, I always thought the 1g of protein per pound of body weight was for people who lift and most folks who don't, about half that :thisisfine: .

I weight like 190 and probably only average 100-150 grams to be honest. I should probably start doing another scoop or two of whey.
SAWCE

If a non-lifting bro wanted to do less, I’d say do 1g per pound of lean body mass. So figure take 15-25% off of your body weight for most people.

These are of course skewed through my lens of nutrition. Nobody actually has to do this.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 pm If a non-lifting bro wanted to do less, I’d say do 1g per pound of lean body mass. So figure take 15-25% off of your body weight for most people.

These are of course skewed through my lens of nutrition. Nobody actually has to do this.
:word: but I figure you know more about nutrition than anyone else I know based on your results + the sheer amount of time you've spent on it.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 pm If a non-lifting bro wanted to do less, I’d say do 1g per pound of lean body mass. So figure take 15-25% off of your body weight for most people.

:word: but I figure you know more about nutrition than anyone else I know based on your results + the sheer amount of time you've spent on it.
Bodybuilding nutrition, yeah.. general health nutrition probably less so :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm

use almond milk instead. it's almost no calories and mixed with whey is pretty good. I use it because I'm sensitive to milk, it makes me stuffy and causes inflammation. wife is straight up allergic. It's a protein called casiene that causes it for us, and the whey protein production process removes most of it.... all of it if you get whey isolate. So we can and do use whey protein powder from time to time. I need to loose weight more than gain so I'm usually using as a meal replacement on occasion.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

today I went on Facebook and found this:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=9358533
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Sooo, my :plac: uncle went back to a Porsche again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:54 am today I went on Facebook and found this:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=9358533
Glad it turned out well in the end!