Rental Car Reviews: Thread dedicated to the world’s fastest cars

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:25 pm Rented a 2020 5.bro 10 speed mustang for 200 miles. Car had 163 miles on it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a2 ... rformance/

Whatever on the above review, just providing it for reference.

I don't know what you can pick this car up for $$$$ wise, lightly used, but this thing is fucking FIERCE.

1. It's a set of Hoosiers away from being an 11 second car. The 460hp Coyote is an ANIMAL.
2. Exhaust note is awesome from idle to redline. No need for BROLA here, Ferd gives it to you.
3. Body roll is non existent, flat handling. Good times.......just hammer the gas and let it rip.
4. Ass coolers! Base seats were perfectly acceptable, beats the hell out of the shitty C5/C6 "seats"
5. Decent infotainment.
6. Nicely weighted steering.

I didn't feel it was too "big".........and frankly the exhaust note made me not care how big it was.

I would DD the fuck out of this thing, and you know what.............I just might.
Drive a chally and slowmaro first. 392 wide body challys are just fucking tits ...

My co worker who dds it for 120’miles rt
I would of course check these cars. From the exterior the wb Challenger is the king of all muscle cars. But man you need a merchant marine license to drive that thing.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:02 pm
stripethree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:52 pm

Niiiiccccceeeeeee.

We have a rental Moostang convertible on our Fl vacay right now. Liking the changes from the last time I drove one (2018?). Five liter would be legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The exhaust is awesome. Every new valet dood was asking about it.
These are exhaust, intake, and :tuna: away from GT350 power levels.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I believe it. The camullet was awesome with the V8 and 10 speed. Do want. I’d love to check out a moostang. Wonder if a rear facing baby seat could fit in the back.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:Rented a 2020 5.bro 10 speed mustang for 200 miles. Car had 163 miles on it.

I don't know what you can pick this car up for $$$$ wise, lightly used, but this thing is fucking FIERCE.

1. It's a set of Hoosiers away from being an 11 second car. The 460hp Coyote is an ANIMAL.
2. Exhaust note is awesome from idle to redline. No need for BROLA here, Ferd gives it to you.
3. Body roll is non existent, flat handling. Good times.......just hammer the gas and let it rip.
4. Ass coolers! Base seats were perfectly acceptable, beats the hell out of the shitty C5/C6 "seats"
5. Decent infotainment.

I didn't feel it was too "big".........and frankly the exhaust note made me not care how big it was.

I would DD the fuck out of this thing, and you know what.............I just might.
:wrong:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:52 pm

Niiiiccccceeeeeee.

We have a rental Moostang convertible on our Fl vacay right now. Liking the changes from the last time I drove one (2018?). Five liter would be legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like the same spec that I had a couple weeks ago. Obnoxiously downshifting at stoplights was addictive.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:06 pm

These are exhaust, intake, and :tuna: away from GT350 power levels.
Unless I intended on tracking one, I don’t know why I’d need that kinda powah.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:25 pm Rented a 2020 5.bro 10 speed mustang for 200 miles. Car had 163 miles on it.

5. Decent infotainment.

:neat:

Thanks for writing! I would be really curious to hear more about how it compares to the Corvette. Obviously it's a better daily with no scrape, back seat, new/nicer car. Did you try any twisty roads you've done in the 'vette to compare? Fuel economy in the real world similar?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

We are going to Iceland in March and I reserved a :manuel: Jimny :popcorn: :excited: :fuckyeah: :truk:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:43 pm

5. Decent infotainment.

:neat:

Thanks for writing! I would be really curious to hear more about how it compares to the Corvette. Obviously it's a better daily with no scrape, back seat, new/nicer car. Did you try any twisty roads you've done in the 'vette to compare? Fuel economy in the real world similar?
Vette would eat this thing up in the twisties.........but it also has moar low, big ass Pilot SS's, etc. etc. Still, the Mustang handled FLAT.......but this was not a PP mustang, no Brebros etc, still braked fine. Mustang is infinitely more comfortable, has ass coolers, is EZ to drive with 10 speed auto, and sounds fantastic. Far better DD. And no scrape.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:44 pm We are going to Iceland in March and I reserved a :manuel: Jimny :popcorn: :excited: :fuckyeah: :truk:
waiting for it :popcorn:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:44 pm We are going to Iceland in March and I reserved a :manuel: Jimny :popcorn: :excited: :fuckyeah: :truk:
:fuckyeah: :truckyeah:
:nice:
Let me know if you want any restaurant recommendations.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:wtf: do you mean :truk:

That's :fuckyeah: I NEED TO HEAR A COMPARISON TO THE :jeep:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:17 am

Body on frame :bruh:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:17 am

It's a :truk: to me (albeit a :jalapenis: one) .

I still haven't driven a JL to compare, but have driven a few JK/JKU. Now that I'm renting cars more for work, a JLU should be fairly attainable.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:43 pm
in4deetz. We will likely be in the southern part of the country, sort of the bottom half loop is the plan.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:52 am
wap wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:43 pm

in4deetz. We will likely be in the southern part of the country, sort of the bottom half loop is the plan.
Oh. I just have recommendations in Reykjavik. You spending any time in the capital?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:52 am

Oh. I just have recommendations in Reykjavik. You spending any time in the capital?
:yesth: flying in there and I'm sure we will spend some time, then road tripping for some sightseeing, hiking, northern lights, etc.
Johnny_P

I like the jimny
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:08 pm
wap wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:50 pm

:yesth: flying in there and I'm sure we will spend some time, then road tripping for some sightseeing, hiking, northern lights, etc.
Cool.
The :scrooge: -iest place to grab a quick cheap meal is literally a hot dog stand called Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur. They're really cheap and :drool: . They're made from lamb and have a few different :sawce: s to try. There's a couple in town but the original one is down near the harbor, not far from the concert hall. President Clinton ate there, among other famous people. They're really good, and at about $4-$5 are about as cheap a meal as you'll find there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A6ja ... ztu_Pylsur

Give me a couple days and I'll post up a few more places. I'll be out of the office tomorrow so I'll try to remember to do it Thursday.
wap

I really want to go back to Iceland. :megusta:
wap

I really want to go back to Iceland. :megusta:
Johnny_P

In Florida. Lisa’s parents rented a brand new Rav4. More thoughts later but so far it’s huge and comfy, rides great, quiet, and great fuel mileage.

It beeps a lot. For dumb shit. Like placing a phone on the middle center seat and not buckling it in.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:12 pm In Florida. Lisa’s parents rented a brand new Rav4. More thoughts later but so far it’s huge and comfy, rides great, quiet, and great fuel mileage.

It beeps a lot. For dumb shit. Like placing a phone on the middle center seat and not buckling it in.
We’ve been saying it’s the car for you ...
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:12 pm In Florida. Lisa’s parents rented a brand new Rav4. More thoughts later but so far it’s huge and comfy, rides great, quiet, and great fuel mileage.

It feels surprisingly cheap. Like low quality cheap. I didn’t get that feeling in the Santa Fe. But I should probably drive one.

Also black cloth can eat it. Way too damn hot.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 am

It feels surprisingly cheap. Like low quality cheap. I didn’t get that feeling in the Santa Fe. But I should probably drive one.

Also black cloth can eat it. Way too damn hot.
I suppose so... Toyota has never tried to "premium" it's mass offerings. They tend to be quite durable, splooge on the cloth seat and wipe off and move on. That's what it has been meant to do.