Rental Car Reviews: Thread dedicated to the world’s fastest cars

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:iono: I drive quite a bit on these trips and don't want to be super :wasteful:

I doubt that a V6 Chally would really be all that much more enjoyable and could be a bit more awkward to roll up to meetings in versus just flying under the radar. I think in the future I will throw caution to the wind a bit more :doe:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I just reserve a full size and drive whatever they give me. Knoxville Hertz usually gives me upgrades :alpo: luck. The only time I made special requests was for customers that I knew would give me side-eye if I rolled up in something that wasn't from an American brand.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I have executive elite with national but they're often so much more expensive that it doesn't make any sense to book through them for that benefit. For example the current car I have was $21/day for a "premium" car and I was slightly upgraded for no charge. A midsize car at national was over $30/day.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:25 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Overall you like? Is it a 2.0T/8AT?

I kind of like these. The XTS I rented was fine. This is likely better than that was.
It's 2.0T with the fwd platform 9spd tranny. Honestly it's probably pretty nice. The streets were completely iced over yesterday so I didn't get to focus on the car much. The power liftgate is disabled though and I can't figure out how to enable it
It won't open with the button by the driver?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:08 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:25 am

It's 2.0T with the fwd platform 9spd tranny. Honestly it's probably pretty nice. The streets were completely iced over yesterday so I didn't get to focus on the car much. The power liftgate is disabled though and I can't figure out how to enable it
It won't open with the button by the driver?
Nope. The button on the lift gate only unlocks it as well. There's a message on startup saying power liftgate disabled. Just haven't found out how to turn it back on.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:08 pm I have executive elite with national but they're often so much more expensive that it doesn't make any sense to book through them for that benefit. For example the current car I have was $21/day for a "premium" car and I was slightly upgraded for no charge. A midsize car at national was over $30/day.
Yeah it's really expensive... but it's what my company uses and is :nice: so fuck it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:13 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:08 pm I have executive elite with national but they're often so much more expensive that it doesn't make any sense to book through them for that benefit. For example the current car I have was $21/day for a "premium" car and I was slightly upgraded for no charge. A midsize car at national was over $30/day.
Yeah it's really expensive... but it's what my company uses and is :nice: so fuck it.
I've noticed the price difference goes down for longer rentals (5+ days) with higher classes of car.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Overall we really liked this car. It's a great size and was roomy enough inside. The engine and trans combo were smooth, but the engine sounds a bit coarse. With the Bose centerpoint stereo there's no perceptible road noise. It's very quiet even on freshly salted roads. The stereo sounded good as well. I'm fairly certain this car has Lane centering and not just Lane keep because it drove 10mi of curvy highway on its own without making me look drunk, and since the AWD is selectable it got in the low 30s at 65mph. I'm sure it would do 35mpg in the summer on some straighter/flatter highways. It will also get sideways at will when in AWD mode. I haven't driven any competitors but this was a solid 4/7 small crossover.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

I do things with rental cars sometimes. Last August TOTD trip I'd reserved a Cayman/Boxster/Vette class car with Enterprise Exotics out of Atlanta. The previous renter of the Cayman earmarked for me decided to keep it an extra day. So they upgraded me to this at no cost. It had 800ish miles on. New new. I gave it a week-long Italian tune-up.

Pros:
- fast and comfy
- sounded glorious
- power top is :tits:

Cons:
- it's :yuge:
- some driver controls are meh

Bottom line: I believe we settled on describing this as "the Italian Corvette that ate all the pasta and cannoli". It was a riot. Would rent again. Would never, ever buy.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

What kinda moron would go for this?
https://turo.com/us/en-us/suv-rental/co ... d=sFAHYnjE
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:22 pm What kinda moron would go for this?
If it was a CrossCabriolet, would definitely be #worthit

:gag: :gag: :gag:
:gag: :disgust: :gag:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:06 am
stripethree wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:52 pm Image

I do things with rental cars sometimes. Last August TOTD trip I'd reserved a Cayman/Boxster/Vette class car with Enterprise Exotics out of Atlanta. The previous renter of the Cayman earmarked for me decided to keep it an extra day. So they upgraded me to this at no cost. It had 800ish miles on. New new. I gave it a week-long Italian tune-up.

Pros:
- fast and comfy
- sounded glorious

Cons:

Bottom line: I believe we settled on describing this as "the Italian Corvette that ate all the pasta and cannoli". It was a riot. Would rent again. Would never, ever buy.
Reported for an actually fast rental car. :stig:
Slower than a Camaro/Rustang :doe:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:52 pm Image

Pros:
- fast and comfy
- sounded glorious

Cons:

Was the stripper glitter included in the price?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:11 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:06 am

Reported for an actually fast rental car. :stig:
I think we have some gopro footage that would dispute this.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:41 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:11 am

Faster driver or faster car? Those things are like 4400lbs
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 am
4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:41 am

Does it matter?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:15 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 am

Does it matter?
Considering Zil said "Reported for an actually fast rental car" and not "reported for actually driving a rental car fast", it does matter. There have been a handful of fast rental cars rented by DFD over the last year.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:25 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Does it matter?
Considering Zil said "Reported for an actually fast rental car" and not "reported for actually driving a rental car fast", it does matter. There have been a handful of fast rental cars rented by DFD over the last year.
Well it handily outran a moostang, but I never met the driver, so I guess we'll never know.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:29 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:25 pm

Well it handily outran a moostang, but I never met the driver, so I guess we'll never know.
FWIW y'all in smart cars would outrun me in my :poorvette:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:22 pm What kinda moron would go for this?
If it was a CrossCabriolet, would definitely be #worthit

:gag: :disgust: :gag:
I'd much rather roll around in a wrangler turo than that if I want a convertible suv. Even without the top up it still has the top down vibes when I had it in Cancun. Thinking about going there again pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

4zilch wrote:
Was the stripper glitter included in the price?
Rolled into the free bunga bunga party upgrade.

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1lrpyelCJc ... ikr0j5ajgl

I have more footage but that's the only thing posted I have at my fingertips.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Rented a 2020 5.bro 10 speed mustang for 200 miles. Car had 163 miles on it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a2 ... rformance/

Whatever on the above review, just providing it for reference.

I don't know what you can pick this car up for $$$$ wise, lightly used, but this thing is fucking FIERCE.

1. It's a set of Hoosiers away from being an 11 second car. The 460hp Coyote is an ANIMAL.
2. Exhaust note is awesome from idle to redline. No need for BROLA here, Ferd gives it to you.
3. Body roll is non existent, flat handling. Good times.......just hammer the gas and let it rip.
4. Ass coolers! Base seats were perfectly acceptable, beats the hell out of the shitty C5/C6 "seats"
5. Decent infotainment.
6. Nicely weighted steering.

I didn't feel it was too "big".........and frankly the exhaust note made me not care how big it was.

I would DD the fuck out of this thing, and you know what.............I just might.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:25 pm Rented a 2020 5.bro 10 speed mustang for 200 miles. Car had 163 miles on it.

I don't know what you can pick this car up for $$$$ wise, lightly used, but this thing is fucking FIERCE.

1. It's a set of Hoosiers away from being an 11 second car. The 460hp Coyote is an ANIMAL.
2. Exhaust note is awesome from idle to redline. No need for BROLA here, Ferd gives it to you.
3. Body roll is non existent, flat handling. Good times.......just hammer the gas and let it rip.
4. Ass coolers! Base seats were perfectly acceptable, beats the hell out of the shitty C5/C6 "seats"
5. Decent infotainment.

I didn't feel it was too "big".........and frankly the exhaust note made me not care how big it was.

I would DD the fuck out of this thing, and you know what.............I just might.
Drive a chally and slowmaro first. 392 wide body challys are just fucking tits ...

My co worker who dds it for 120’miles rt
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Desertbreh wrote:Rented a 2020 5.bro 10 speed mustang for 200 miles. Car had 163 miles on it.

5. Decent infotainment.

Niiiiccccceeeeeee.

We have a rental Moostang convertible on our Fl vacay right now. Liking the changes from the last time I drove one (2018?). Five liter would be legit.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:52 pm
Desertbreh wrote:Rented a 2020 5.bro 10 speed mustang for 200 miles. Car had 163 miles on it.

5. Decent infotainment.

Niiiiccccceeeeeee.

We have a rental Moostang convertible on our Fl vacay right now. Liking the changes from the last time I drove one (2018?). Five liter would be legit.

The exhaust is awesome. Every new valet dood was asking about it.