General video game chat

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

The sequel to Golf Story, my favorite game in the last few years, comes out this summer. My body is ready.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

dubshow wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 am Got sucked into Rust. I remember watching the concept stuff back in 2017. Its come a long way and I decided to buy it.

Man. Its either the best or the worst fucking game ever made. Spawn with a rock and torch. Full open world. Pretty realistic survival game. Gather materials to hunt, cloth and build with. Must keep you person warm, watered and feed.

make crude gasoline to fuel junk helicopters and small boats. Learn blueprints to craft better items.

Complete fucking pyscho paths make epic "trap" bases with booby traps. People are literally the worst. Every now and then a nice person come along and helps you get ahead. Im super intriques with it. I have a lot of hours between the last 2 weekends. Its the largest time suck Ive ever played, before Skyrim even.

4 hours feel like 1 in game.

What system is this on? It sounds like something I need to check out.
Warcraft III should be out today. Something I already pre-paid for. This might be something cool that I'd be into.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:59 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 am Got sucked into Rust. I remember watching the concept stuff back in 2017. Its come a long way and I decided to buy it.

Man. Its either the best or the worst fucking game ever made. Spawn with a rock and torch. Full open world. Pretty realistic survival game. Gather materials to hunt, cloth and build with. Must keep you person warm, watered and feed.

make crude gasoline to fuel junk helicopters and small boats. Learn blueprints to craft better items.

Complete fucking pyscho paths make epic "trap" bases with booby traps. People are literally the worst. Every now and then a nice person come along and helps you get ahead. Im super intriques with it. I have a lot of hours between the last 2 weekends. Its the largest time suck Ive ever played, before Skyrim even.

4 hours feel like 1 in game.

What system is this on? It sounds like something I need to check out.
Warcraft III should be out today. Something I already pre-paid for. This might be something cool that I'd be into.
Steam managed. PC.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/Rust/

I hope you are ready to lose days at a time man. Its also a massive resource hog as well, very intense and good graphics/textures + open world. It will use everything you can give it. You must setup the graphics before launching. Base your setting on the recommendations of hardware.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

I got Rust when it initially came out and stopped playing after some friends got into a different game but recently have been watching videos of guys raiding bases in Rust and boy has that changed completely from what it used to be.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:11 am Got sucked back into Fallout this weekend.

Tore down my camp and rebuilt it, bigger and redder than before.

What it looked like previously:
:nice:

i like it. Fallout 76?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I drank too much GTAV online cool aid, opened 2 biznesses and saving up to get those oppressors with the GTA$. Got some pack which leads me to get a few :waxer: cars for free, so I got a bike, rally car that looks like Audi Quattro and c3 :poorvette:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Acid666

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:40 am I drank too much GTAV online cool aid, opened 2 biznesses and saving up to get those oppressors with the GTA$. Got some pack which leads me to get a few :waxer: cars for free, so I got a bike, rally car that looks like Audi Quattro and c3 :poorvette:
Man I had a lotta fun in that game just sandboxing. Too bad none of my friends were into it for long.
I was part of a few groups where a hacker was throwing out loads of cash and levels like it was fucking Mardi Gras. So I spent a bunch on goofy shit like that yacht and a few high dollar military aircrafts. Then came the ban wave where they banned those guys and took all the money back. But let us keep the items. So I was kinda half ass broke and started just doing little things like robbing convenience stores for chump change on a dirtbike or in my attack chopper and then trying to get away. Many lulz.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:24 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:40 am I drank too much GTAV online cool aid, opened 2 biznesses and saving up to get those oppressors with the GTA$. Got some pack which leads me to get a few :waxer: cars for free, so I got a bike, rally car that looks like Audi Quattro and c3 :poorvette:
Man I had a lotta fun in that game just sandboxing. Too bad none of my friends were into it for long.
I was part of a few groups where a hacker was throwing out loads of cash and levels like it was fucking Mardi Gras. So I spent a bunch on goofy shit like that yacht and a few high dollar military aircrafts. Then came the ban wave where they banned those guys and took all the money back. But let us keep the items. So I was kinda half ass broke and started just doing little things like robbing convenience stores for chump change on a dirtbike or in my attack chopper and then trying to get away. Many lulz.
xbox one? add me Tkulhanci703, you can join my businesses, so I can get my flying bike oppressor
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Acid666

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:29 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:24 pm

xbox one? add me Tkulhanci703, you can join my businesses, so I can get my flying bike oppressor
This was on PC. I would log, and just go rob stores, try to stalk other people with my helicopter with rockets, and just fly from one end of the city to another. I spent a lot of time in the air and just dicked around. I didn't do a lot of quests or build up anything really.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:55 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:29 pm

This was on PC. I would log, and just go rob stores, try to stalk other people with my helicopter with rockets, and just fly from one end of the city to another. I spent a lot of time in the air and just dicked around. I didn't do a lot of quests or build up anything really.
yeah the helicopters with the rocket launcher was pretty fun too, love killing the shit out of the other players, and I even got 2 bounties twice in one run. :evil:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So I opened up my gta5 and got a million GTA dollars, so I got my oppressor! :fuckyeah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Caught narc boi online! Love this thing!

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:43 pm Caught narc boi online! Love this thing!

dat me
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Got my PC hooked up, back playing some classics.
Feels good to be back in PC gaming.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:08 am Got my PC hooked up, back playing some classics.
Feels good to be back in PC gaming.

OG games. :nice:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I got Quake II with RTX as well. It's awesome.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 am I got Quake II with RTX as well. It's awesome.
Quake II weapons factory mod was my jam back in the day. :nostalgia:
Apex

Renewed my Xboner Gold for a few months to try out COD Warzone. Holy balls do I suck. :lol:

Might look for something else to play that’s in the FPS realm, maybe try Fallout? :iono:
Acid666

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:27 pm Renewed my Xboner Gold for a few months to try out COD Warzone. Holy balls do I suck. :lol:

Might look for something else to play that’s in the FPS realm, maybe try Fallout? :iono:
Currently all I play is BR Warzone, and classic wow.
Battle royal is pretty solid on cod wz, you just have to learn a buncha small things to help your game out. Also having custom loadouts is huge. You need at minimum 2 for it.
First loadout with overwatch to give to a main rifle and sniper, 2nd loadout gives you your ghost perk. Ghost and cold blooded are necessary.

In multiplayer, it all depends what your play style is. There's a lot of run and gunning, but if you're constantly sprinting around you'll be an easy kill. Slow the pace down and listen with headphones and you can get the jump on people more often. The time to kill in this game is super short, so usually whomever sees the other person first wins the gunfight. But often if you kill someone you'll get slaughtered during the reload because it's a shit ton of action and the respawns always seem to put someone behind you at the worst possible times.
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:09 am
Apex wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:27 pm Renewed my Xboner Gold for a few months to try out COD Warzone. Holy balls do I suck. :lol:

Currently all I play is BR Warzone, and classic wow.
Battle royal is pretty solid on cod wz, you just have to learn a buncha small things to help your game out. Also having custom loadouts is huge. You need at minimum 2 for it.
First loadout with overwatch to give to a main rifle and sniper, 2nd loadout gives you your ghost perk. Ghost and cold blooded are necessary.

In multiplayer, it all depends what your play style is. There's a lot of run and gunning, but if you're constantly sprinting around you'll be an easy kill. Slow the pace down and listen with headphones and you can get the jump on people more often. The time to kill in this game is super short, so usually whomever sees the other person first wins the gunfight. But often if you kill someone you'll get slaughtered during the reload because it's a shit ton of action and the respawns always seem to put someone behind you at the worst possible times.
Good points... I’ll give it some more time to see how things evolve for me. I like to run and gun :lol:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Starting a new play through of L.A. Noire
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

razr390 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:30 pm Starting a new play through of L.A. Noire
:notbad:

I started playing it. Didn't ever make it very far.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:36 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:30 pm Starting a new play through of L.A. Noire

I really liked the idea but execution wasn't great, and the open world is completely redundant as it's completely lifeless.

I still feel it deserves a sequel on next gens though.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I used to play LA noire when i had my ps3, I wish the career mode was longer, only lasted me a month or 2
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Swedish Chef wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:15 pm
Wocka Wocka wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:36 pm

I really liked the idea but execution wasn't great, and the open world is completely redundant as it's completely lifeless.

I still feel it deserves a sequel on next gens though.
:dat: it was pretty cool overall, but it gets old quick. I'd rather have a much longer career mode than anything else