Richard is a Miata addict.

Strut your greasy stuff!
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

:D Time to make my own thread for my automotive adventures.

To start things off, the :meata: ‘s truck journey is over and she arrived safely at my parents’ place in AL. It got there a hell of a lot faster than I expected, only 2 days! Had to get it shipped there since my dad’s helping me out and it’s gonna be registered in AL. Registering a car in AL unfortunately means that the car has to be present at the DMV, so that is why there’s a pitstop involved. Anyway, I should be able to make a trip up there and bring her back to Orlando in the next couple weekends, provided I can get ahead on studying and work.

Additionally, I decided to go with “CHEESE” as my license plate, since that’s somehow available :hue: . Not only is it perfect for the car, but it’s a nod to the work Zil did to make it so great.

Last edited by RLWake on Sat May 14, 2022 11:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

In4more car stories and pics.
:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

One day I want to have a car delivered to my house on a trailer like a boss.

Thats awesome. Enjoy it. Car is rad. I got to fart in it once and got serous car envy.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:51 pm One day I want to have a car delivered to my house on a trailer like a boss.

Thats awesome. Enjoy it. Car is rad. I got to fart in it once and got serous car envy.
:dat: all we're missing were scarves :gaydance:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Any reason for AL instead of Florida? I've been considering driving my Corvette to Daytona to register it at my mom's.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

why didn't you want the spare wheels with good tires if you are planning on track day bro shit?
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:51 pm One day I want to have a car delivered to my house on a trailer like a boss.

Check out Vroom. :lol:
Ain’t no trailer fitting down my street bruv.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 am

Check out Vroom. :lol:
Carvana delivers on single car flat bed trucks with a big wrap around front shield for the car. :fancy:
Johnny_P

What are the mod plans for the cheez?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The process leading up to it is a bit scary, but it's :neat: once it arrives.

Welcome to the forum, Richard! Glad to see the :meata: has gone on to another caring enthusiast owner.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

in4 335i pics :popcorn:

Fellow 3 series owner here.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:16 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am

Carvana delivers on single car flat bed trucks with a big wrap around front shield for the car. :fancy:
except you can't test drive it and find out potential problems, might be :wrong:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:38 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:16 am
except you can't test drive it and find out potential problems, might be :wrong:
They have something like 7 day return periods so you can live with it for a bit and see if there are any issues.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 am

They have something like 7 day return periods so you can live with it for a bit and see if there are any issues.
:notbad: quite similar to carmax
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:12 am

:aintcare:

I bought a vehicle from Vroom sight unseen (well, saw photos, googled the VIN and saw more photos) and I felt comfortable enough going through with the purchase based on my interactions with the employees (and also because they grossly overvalued the :jeep: on trade).

They brought it to me on a truck, took my trade away via truck, and it was one of the easiest car purchases from a "dealership" that I had ever done. They even gave me $500 to fix the paint on the hood. :notbad:
That's awesome and :fuckyeah: way more convenient than being ass fucked by salesmen who tries to sway you into a 330i instead of 340i
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:12 am

:aintcare:

I bought a vehicle from Vroom sight unseen (well, saw photos, googled the VIN and saw more photos) and I felt comfortable enough going through with the purchase based on my interactions with the employees (and also because they grossly overvalued the :jeep: on trade).

They brought it to me on a truck, took my trade away via truck, and it was one of the easiest car purchases from a "dealership" that I had ever done. They even gave me $500 to fix the paint on the hood. :notbad:
And usually have a pretty straight forward money back guarantee right?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 am Also, I guess this means the DFD decal in the back window can stay. :lol:

I also realized I forgot to remove my GoPro mount from the inside of the windshield. It’s pre-prepped for track recordings!
Depending on how obvious it is... I might keep the sticker :lol:

I can send it back, if needed!
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:00 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 am Also, I guess this means the DFD decal in the back window can stay. :lol:

I also realized I forgot to remove my GoPro mount from the inside of the windshield. It’s pre-prepped for track recordings!

Keep it or :gtfo:
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:39 am why didn't you want the spare wheels with good tires if you are planning on track day bro shit?
I won’t have a good spot to store the spare wheels long term until I move into a new place, and I know my fiancée wouldn’t appreciate having a stack of wheels in the living room until then. Besides, I like having dual duty tires and one set of wheels. I don’t do anything serious as far as track days, just HPDE. The Conti’s on there are actually my preferred tires anyway.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:02 pm

:facepalm: I meant that I could send back the gopro mount. And I will keep a dfd sticker somewhere, I promise that...
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:06 pm

It's a tiny DFD on the back glass, barely noticeable.

Also, no worries about the GoPro mount - keep it! :lol:

It's in a good spot if you have a session GoPro, though.
:neat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:05 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:02 pm

:facepalm: I meant that I could send back the gopro mount. And I will keep a dfd sticker somewhere, I promise that...
you're forgiven, for these epic videos
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:28 am What are the mod plans for the cheez?
Pretty much just more Cheez, as Zil said. Let me pull up my shopping list on my laptop...

First is gonna be mostly small shit. Shift knob (been looking at raceseng sphereology :drool: ), shifter and e-brake boot if I don’t like the stock ones, wheel locks (just out of caution), dash cam, hood lift kit. Just necessities and quality of life stuff.

Of course, gotta protect that paint, so most likely a nice ceramic coat for the paint and wheels.

Might change up a couple interior bits or just experiment with what looks good. So you know how the 2013-15 Miata Club had the color matched panel on the dash? I’m thinking I might do something like that with wrap, as well as color match wrap the silver ring around the shifter. Probably gonna black wrap (or replace) the little silver trim bits on the steering wheel. I just need to experiment until I find what I like. Eventually (and this is unlikely), I might go with a nice Guardian Designs Corsa flat bottom steering wheel with perforated leather.

I gotta see how much I’m gonna like the seats. I’ve heard that NC leather seats arent that great (even Zil has said so), so I’ll be exploring seat options. Will need something daily-able with a hole in the bottom for an AS belt. I’m thinking like Corbeau A4 or OMP Style. I just need to go to miata meets and sit in as many seats as possible.

Roll bar for track day bro. Probably hard dog M3 Sport with harness bar. Then I can put in 5 or 6 point harnesses (not for everyday use).

Along the way, if the exhaust drones too much for my taste (still havent heard it in person), I might swap to a different muffler. I doubt it will drone since it has the hemholtz midpipe, :doe: .

And then who knows? All really depends on how much I’m willing to :wasteful: .
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:23 am in4 335i pics :popcorn:

Fellow 3 series owner here.
I haven’t gotten a proper photoshoot done on this one before. I’ll make sure to get good pics once I clean her up for selling. I do have a couple photos posted in my welcome thread, :doe:
Johnny_P

:impressive: