California Countdown: Doomsday

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

How many years do you think they have left? Its obvious there is a shift happening in the, once, golden state. High skill people are leaving at a faster rate, while low skill people clamor to get in on the dying horse. The 2020 census will be VERY telling. :carlton:

Throw a dart at the board:
Massive water shortage?
Literal shit mountains?
Druqs reducing the effectiveness of the population?
Run out of people to tax?
Massive industry exodus which would cripple the value and jerbs?

You can only run so far. Many flocked to Colorado over the last 15 years. Tons of tech has left to Texas. You see articles weekly with new issues. When will you admit its a sinking shit of a state?
As West Coast Transplants Pour In, a Small Idaho Town Has a Big Dilemma
Star’s population is booming and housing prices have more than doubled; ‘The growth is beyond what people can handle’
https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-west-co ... 1579611600
According to U.S. Census Bureau population estimates released on Monday, approximately 203,000 people moved out of California between 2018 and 2019 – with the bulk of them heading to other western states like Arizona, Texas and Colorado, where the cost of life is less pricey.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/califo ... -estimates

:caspian:

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Don't be the last one at the party fellow DFD commiefornians.

:popcorn:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Good map showing where they are moving to:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/11/04/ ... hey-go-to/

Louisiana picked up 5k people from CA. :wtf:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:28 am Good map showing where they are moving to:

Pull of the Port of Call
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:32 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:28 am Good map showing where they are moving to:

Pull of the Port of Call
You were able to try it?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 am How many years do you think they have left? Its obvious there is a shift happening in the, once, golden state. High skill people are leaving at a faster rate, while low skill people clamor to get in on the dying horse. The 2020 census will be VERY telling. :carlton:

Massive water shortage?
Literal shit mountains?

You can only run so far. Many flocked to Colorado over the last 15 years. Tons of tech has left to Texas. You see articles weekly with new issues. When will you admit its a sinking shit of a state?
Star’s population is booming and housing prices have more than doubled; ‘The growth is beyond what people can handle’
According to U.S. Census Bureau population estimates released on Monday, approximately 203,000 people moved out of California between 2018 and 2019 – with the bulk of them heading to other western states like Arizona, Texas and Colorado, where the cost of life is less pricey.

Love the photo. AZ, CO, NV for the win. Texas sucks.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I don't think it will be a huge collapse it will be a slow decline like Detroit. one day people will look up and San Francisco will be a wasteland of houses no one will buy at 10k .

I don't think the big guys will ever fully eject, but more people will just work from home and virtual works spaces will be the norm.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:41 am I don't think it will be a huge collapse it will be a slow decline like Detroit. one day people will look up and San Francisco will be a wasteland of houses no one will buy at 10k .

I don't think the big guys will ever fully eject, but more people will just work from home and virtual works spaces will be the norm.
:notbad:

you are correct, we do have a go by failed city. But the rest of the state MI managed to get by, leaving just the city to decay. I think the over regulation and larger wealth swings are the variables that push a rapid change. Add that to a larger pile of wealth and many more people, it will be different in Cali. Cali as a whole is much more inflated than Detroit was.
Last edited by dubshow on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:58 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:41 am I don't think it will be a huge collapse it will be a slow decline like Detroit. one day people will look up and San Francisco will be a wasteland of houses no one will buy at 10k .

:notbad:

you are correct, we do have a go by failed city. But the rest of the state MI managed to get by, living just the city to decay. I think the over regulation and larger wealth swings are the variables that push a rapid change. At that to a larger pile or wealth and many more people, it will be different in Cali. Cali as a whole is much more inflated than Detroit was.
I can see that too, especially since most of California s wealth is not associated with a manufacturing base. maybe it will still be slow, but faster than Detroit
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 am How many years do you think they have left? Its obvious there is a shift happening in the, once, golden state. High skill people are leaving at a faster rate, while low skill people clamor to get in on the dying horse. The 2020 census will be VERY telling. :carlton:

Massive water shortage?
Literal shit mountains?

Do you live here and are you actually researching this or posting senseless articles from the fake news bureaus?

Tech people aren't really leaving, The BEST workers are here and stay here. Places like Austin and other places along the red states are picking up mid/low level tech labor. So it is just an expansion of tech in general, less so an 'Exodus out of California due to xyz'

This is still tech mecca, with the money/brains backing everything in this particular area.

Are there real issues? Fuck yea, the bum situation is out of control, but it is in select areas. Naturally the most visible as tourists present the easiest begging targets.

I have had quite a few friends leave the bay area, but plenty of others are joining the ranks, it is sort of a revolving door out here. I can't speak to LA as I don't know the market dynamics for SO-CAL which are completely different from NorCAL. We're almost two different states both demographically and industry speaking.

The population of california is actually going UP even with all this "exodus". The way I see it here, the smartest are staying those who are blah are leaving... they didn't make the cut. (for now)
Last edited by max225 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

To answer the question about "how many years are left" I would say 5 years are going to be fine, 10 years are a maybe. But there are bigger countrywide issues that are affecting us all and less so california.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:57 pm To answer the question about "how many years are left" I would say 5 years are going to be fine, 10 years are a maybe. But there are bigger countrywide issues that are affecting us all and less so california.
Next decade will be interesting to see unfold if things continue as they have been. :doomed:
Illegals + healthcare+ education is going to be the next fuck you moment for this country. We as a country can absorb one or two issues at a time... but 3... :doomed:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:54 pm

Massive water shortage?
Literal shit mountains?

Do you live here and are you actually researching this or posting senseless articles from the fake news bureaus?

you know the answer, nope. Outside looking in 100%. So the bad press and fax of pop decline is :fakenews: ???

Tech people aren't really leaving, The BEST workers are here and stay here. Places like Austin and other places along the red states are picking up mid/low level tech labor. So it is just an expansion of tech in general, less so an 'Exodus out of California due to xyz'

ok, again going by articles I read. So its a coordinated effort to slander the great state?

This is still tech mecca, with the money/brains backing everything in this particular area.

It still is, currently. Im projecting here. Curious when the torch will pass.

Are there real issues? Fuck yea, the bum situation is out of control, but it is in select areas. Naturally the most visible as tourists present the easiest begging targets.

How did the great bum explosion happen? It really spiraled out of control quickly

I have had quite a few friends leave the bay area, but plenty of others are joining the ranks, it is sort of a revolving door out here. I can't speak to LA as I don't know the market dynamics for SO-CAL which are completely different from NorCAL. We're almost two different states both demographically and industry speaking.

statistically, its still in overall decline over the last 5 years. hence this thread asking questions

The population of california is actually going UP even with all this "exodus". The way I see it here, the smartest are staying those who are blah are leaving... they didn't make the cut. (for now)

Then why are they likely to lose a seat in house of reps?
Sure I love poking fun at CA. And I love visiting the place. I just cant understand how its the epicenter of ridiculous laws/politics and tread SO HARD on peoples freedoms "for the greater good".
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:57 pm To answer the question about "how many years are left" I would say 5 years are going to be fine, 10 years are a maybe. But there are bigger countrywide issues that are affecting us all and less so california.
SO. you do admit its in a general decline? Did we hit peak california?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:17 pm

Next decade will be interesting to see unfold if things continue as they have been. :doomed:
Illegals + healthcare+ education is going to be the next fuck you moment for this country. We as a country can absorb one or two issues at a time... but 3... :doomed:
time to get back to basics baby! Cage people up with casual racist undertones.
max225

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:41 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 pm

time to get back to basics baby! Cage people up with casual racist undertones.
Not basics but rational thinking. You can’t have a second class of people in most ways getting more benefits than your own citizens which are a shrinking pool burdened with higher and higher % in taxes to support those not supporting the economy .

It needs to be addressed and no it won’t be easy and no there isn’t enough money to go around.
max225

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:40 pm
SO. you do admit its in a general decline? Did we hit peak california?
Def no decline here. We’re growing more than most places in this country and the amount of wealth created here in the last 2 decades is only second to China.

Will it continue is the question, which I tried to address. I don’t think it’s California specific issues that will bring the California economy to its knees. It will be country wide issues, they are not mutually exclusive as California is part of the us.
max225

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:39 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:54 pm

you know the answer, nope. Outside looking in 100%. So the bad press and fax of pop decline is :fakenews: ???

ok, again going by articles I read. So its a coordinated effort to slander the great state?

It still is, currently. Im projecting here. Curious when the torch will pass.

How did the great bum explosion happen? It really spiraled out of control quickly

statistically, its still in overall decline over the last 5 years. hence this thread asking questions

Then why are they likely to lose a seat in house of reps?
Sure I love poking fun at CA. And I love visiting the place. I just cant understand how its the epicenter of ridiculous laws/politics and tread SO HARD on peoples freedoms "for the greater good".
These freedoms are eroding all over the country and you’re just looking at the forefront for it, most of these “laws” and “issues” are coming all your ways.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doomed:

I did see a funny billboard on the highway the other day:

“California? too late!
Texas? Still great!”

I chuckled.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:53 pm :doomed:

“California? too late!
Texas? Still great!”

I chuckled.
I am :notsure: that is true. But agreed on the chuckle
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:52 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:53 pm :doomed:

“California? too late!
Texas? Still great!”

I chuckled.
I am :notsure: that is true. But agreed on the chuckle
Yeah I am not arguing validity or not, but the fact that someone put that on a billboard on a major highway was major :lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.