Driveway Entry Ramps

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Anyone ever need/purchase these?

They are kind of :waxer: but I'm thinking of picking up https://www.bridjit.com/bridjit-3-piece ... -ramp-set/ for the new :haus: . Sadly it is near impossible to get the :poorvette: in/out of the driveway without scrapeage. I feel like it's worth $400 to save the aggravation, these also seem to offer some bennies over cheaper alternatives - they are all attached so it will move around less, they're made in the US out of recycled materials, looks to be a really high quality product.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

What keeps them in place? Just the shape?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:Anyone ever need/purchase these?

They are kind of :waxer: but I'm thinking of picking up https://www.bridjit.com/bridjit-3-piece ... -ramp-set/ for the new :haus: . Sadly it is near impossible to get the :poorvette: in/out of the driveway without scrapeage. I feel like it's worth $400 to save the aggravation, these also seem to offer some bennies over cheaper alternatives - they are all attached so it will move around less, they're made in the US out of recycled materials, looks to be a really high quality product.
Just go at an angle dude, you'll get used to it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:34 pm What keeps them in place? Just the shape?
They're 150 pounds.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:34 pm
D Griff wrote:Anyone ever need/purchase these?

Just go at an angle dude, you'll get used to it.
I am thinking this is sarcasm?

I have owned this car for 5.5 years and also had my Shitvic lowered. There is no angle to fix this.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:36 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:34 pm Just go at an angle dude, you'll get used to it.

I have owned this car for 5.5 years and also had my Shitvic lowered. There is no angle to fix this.
Baw don't bullshit us of course there's an angle that works

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:36 pm

Baw don't bullshit us of course there's an angle that works

:notwrong:

But :nope: on offroading erry day and it is also a fairly narrow street with vehicles parked along the sides often.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:34 pm Just go at an angle dude, you'll get used to it.

Maybe take some driving lessons, n00b!

...I bought the bridjit thing in KY after listening to the internet tell me that I can't drive. It's expensive and stupid but it works.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:44 pm
D Griff wrote:

Maybe take some driving lessons, n00b!

...I bought the bridjit thing in KY after listening to the internet tell me that I can't drive. It's expensive and stupid but it works.

I can get these for less than half... but I think they'll move around more which would get annoying. https://wikibuy.com/p/car-vehicle-curbs ... b7b34a64f6
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:44 pm Maybe take some driving lessons, n00b!

I can get these for less than half... but I think they'll move around more which would get annoying. https://wikibuy.com/p/car-vehicle-curbs ... b7b34a64f6
If your street is level-ish then the bridjit should never move. Our street was on a slope and I still only had to reposition the ramp a few times a year as it would walk down the hill a couple of inches a week or so.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:52 pm
D Griff wrote:

If your street is level-ish then the bridjit should never move. Our street was on a slope and I still only had to reposition the ramp a few times a year as it would walk down the hill a couple of inches a week or so.
The street is flat and the driveway/lot are flat... making it all the more aggravating that I need to :troywax: $400 on this, but that is how the city builds shit. My C5 is even 4X4 status at this point. My wife's Corolla Lyft scraped backing out the other day :lolol: :rolleyes:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Ordered :wasteful:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:59 pm Ordered :wasteful:
a :jeep: ?

good fix. :like:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Don't @me when I still go 4Running through your grass to get in during possible Nascar trip
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:59 pm Ordered :wasteful:
a :jeep: ?

good fix. :like:
Well, if I did get a :jeep: I would still have the :poorvette:

But since it's been a few weeks since driving the JK on the honeymoon, those wants are fading a bit. I have been :wasteful: a TON lately, need to dial it back.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I apologize for injecting the negativity, but are there any concerns about them getting stolen? Man's inhumanity to Man knows no floor.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 pm I apologize for injecting the negativity, but are there any concerns about them getting stolen? Man's inhumanity to Man knows no floor.
JB weld 'em to the ground
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Wouldn't some 2x4's solve this problem too?

Also, if you floor the car right as you get to the driveway the front end will lift and clear. :science:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 pm I apologize for injecting the negativity, but are there any concerns about them getting stolen? Man's inhumanity to Man knows no floor.
JB weld 'em to the ground
:notbad:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm Wouldn't some 2x4's solve this problem too?

Also, if you floor the car right as you get to the driveway the front end will lift and clear. :science:
:lol: Why not just spread some garbage?
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:I apologize for injecting the negativity, but are there any concerns about them getting stolen? Man's inhumanity to Man knows no floor.
The pieces are bolted together and it's heavy as hell. I guess with 2 :mahtroy: and a :truk: it could still be taken :doe:

Ours was double-wide so twice as heavy and awkward, plus our town was 99% white. No crime besides drugs and domestic abuse. It sat outside for 4 years without issue.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

The best car in the world problems...oh wait
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm Wouldn't some 2x4's solve this problem too?

:dat:

and some short anchor bolts out of way. I looked at doing this.
troyguitar

A wheelbarrow full of quickrete could work fine too.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:19 pm

:lol: Why not just spread some garbage?
:notbad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXMyOSHAqd8