So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm waiting until we're in our new :haus: and stuff but I think I'm going to go down the Milwaukee road for power tools. I've been on corded HF shit up to this point, it's time to upgrade in a few categories.
I'm really impressed with the Milwaukee ecosystem. If I didn't already have a bunch of DeWalt stuff, I'd probably switch over.
i was super lucky enough to be in search of a new system when they launched. I can't speak highly enough of the new Milwaukee fuel system. Replaced my old makita lith ion where where long in tooth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:59 pm
I'm really impressed with the Milwaukee ecosystem. If I didn't already have a bunch of DeWalt stuff, I'd probably switch over.
Yeah, that's my whole point. Need to kill some DeWalt tools so I can justify the move.
sell off used and go get the really nice shit. Its worth it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yeah, that's my whole point. Need to kill some DeWalt tools so I can justify the move.
That's the bad (good?) thing...DeWalt tools are durable AF. My dad has a cordless drill with an NiMH (the battery he's had rebuild a few times) that's well over 20 years old and still functions like a champ.

I've got a cordless drill, impact, oscillating tool, and work light that work with the Li-ion DeWalt system and I really can't complain about any of them. I just really want the Milwaukee sawzall and I think the packaging of their battery pack is smarter than DeWalt.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I’m glad I’m building up a small ecosystem now, and can start with the Milwaukee stuff. I had a crazy shopping cart from a link fled posted awhile back. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Why is it worth it? Serious question.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:15 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:09 pm

The quality of saws and battery life. Its really impressive. For the basic 1/4 impact and drill, yeah those are good, but not life changing if you are happy with current tools. Depends what you use the most. It was most impressive with the circ and recip saw. The HD 1/2" impact is super awesome but at $400-500 very steep. The multi power levels on the 1/4 impact are always accurate and consistent too.

I also say that to :waxer: as he has the finances to easily swap systems. He would simply need to use his weekly knife budget for a month.

The avg joe like us, taking the $1k+ plunge might be different. I'm also talking the m18 Fuel line. not the lower tier line. Brushless only.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

dubshow wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:15 pm
The quality of saws and battery life. Its really impressive. For the basic 1/4 impact and drill, yeah those are good, but not life changing if you are happy with current tools. Depends what you use the most. It was most impressive with the circ and recip saw. The HD 1/2" impact is super awesome but at $400-500 very steep. The multi power levels on the 1/4 impact are always accurate and consistent too.

I also say that to :waxer: as he has the finances to easily swap systems. He would simply need to use his weekly knife budget for a month.

The avg joe like us, taking the $1k+ plunge might be different. I'm also talking the m18 Fuel line. not the lower tier line. Brushless only.
You're making me think maybe I should go :scrooge: and get DeWalt, I honestly will mostly use impact/drill for car shit. I doubt I'll even move on from my corded saws in the near term as they're not something I use all that frequently.

Maybe someone on here wants to sell me a DeWalt set who needs more for serious :pinshit: ? I don't aspire to next level :haus: / :pinshit:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:21 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:39 pm

You're making me think maybe I should go :scrooge: and get DeWalt, I honestly will mostly use impact/drill for car shit. I doubt I'll even move on from my corded saws in the near term as they're not something I use all that frequently.

Maybe someone on here wants to sell me a DeWalt set who needs more for serious :pinshit: ? I don't aspire to next level :haus: / :pinshit:
We're in the same boat. I don't use saws enough to necessitate cordless anything. In fact, my HF table saw, miter saw, and circular saw are perfect for what I need. My DeWalt cordless tools have been fantastic.

I bought a multipack (drill, impact, worklight) of them a few years ago on black friday and haven't looked back since.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:21 pm

We're in the same boat. I don't use saws enough to necessitate cordless anything. In fact, my HF table saw, miter saw, and circular saw are perfect for what I need. My DeWalt cordless tools have been fantastic.

I bought a multipack (drill, impact, worklight) of them a few years ago on black friday and haven't looked back since.
yeah, in that position I'd keep what you have. Esp if they all work well and you are happy. The milwaukee stuff is only marginally better for the impact and drill alone.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dubshow wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:56 pm

yeah, in that position I'd keep what you have. Esp if they all work well and you are happy. The milwaukee stuff is only marginally better for the impact and drill alone.
Kinda where I'm landing. I'll keep what I have and enjoy the couple of Milwaukee units I have, the ratchets and a short drill/driver that fits where the DeWalt wont.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:17 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Kinda where I'm landing. I'll keep what I have and enjoy the couple of Milwaukee units I have, the ratchets and a short drill/driver that fits where the DeWalt wont.
those small battery units are a different system anyway. no real reason to swap over if that was all you had.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:20 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:17 pm

those small battery units are a different system anyway. no real reason to swap over if that was all you had.
I like my tools to match. Yellow and Red clash.

I'm all about the fashion thing with my jean shorts and New Balance shoes with knee high three stripe socks.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm all about the fashion thing with my jean shorts and New Balance shoes with knee high three stripe socks.
:gaydance:

:lolol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:jimp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Not sure you can still wear that stuff in a p-car. Either throw on a suit or look like a homeless asshole, there isn't anything in between from what I've seen.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Not sure you can still wear that stuff in a p-car. Either throw on a suit or look like a homeless asshole, there isn't anything in between from what I've seen.
I guess I need to start growing out my straggly beard.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:45 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:40 pm

And sleeve tats. You'll probably get propositioned more often lol
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:02 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Solution:

They are "sleeves".
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:02 pm

Solution:

They are "sleeves".
Those sluts are going to figure it out at some point. I'd love for you to do a social experiment for me and try these out along with a natty beard and dreads. I'm willing to bet :pussy: gets thrown at you constantly.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Para 3 arrived today. First legit knife!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:23 pm Para 3 arrived today. First legit knife!

Nice! The Para 3 gets a good amount of carry time here. I think it's one of my favorites behind the Cris Reece Sabenza I have been EDCing.

To me the Para 3 has a nicer blade length compared to the Para 2.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I just ordered 3 more CDs and they'll be here Monday. I want them this weekend :(

Wish stores carried CDs still.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:23 pm Para 3 arrived today. First legit knife!

Nice! The Para 3 gets a good amount of carry time here. I think it's one of my favorites behind the Cris Reece Sabenza I have been EDCing.

To me the Para 3 has a nicer blade length compared to the Para 2.
It was pretty much between this and the Para 2. A lot of the Benchmades were sold out or marked as discontinued on BHQ.

This seems like a perfect do it all type knife and of course I did a cut test on the envelope. It's crazy sharp!

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote:I just ordered 3 more CDs and they'll be here Monday. I want them this weekend :(

:mindblown: People still buy CDs

:butwhy:

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:I just ordered 3 more CDs and they'll be here Monday. I want them this weekend :(

:mindblown: People still buy CDs

:butwhy:

I listen to them at work where there's no cell service and sometimes in my :truk:

They sound good.