OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 am Don’t know if it’s the humidity being gone or what, but last few nights I’ve been waking up cause I can’t breathe through my nose. That spot in the back of your mouth where your nasal canal connects to your mouth/throat is completely dried out. I have to get up and go drink water to fix it.

Anyone here sleep with a humidifier?
I sleep with my mouth open, so this is pretty much a daily thing for me, I keep water on my bed side table. I do feel better in the summer with humidity, skin, sinuses, just everything is better.

We have a humidifier and IMO it does nothing, but :tits: likes to have it for whatever reason.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:08 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:03 pm Also dat Netflix show Elite, lot of fine Spanish girls :megusta: and just rich kid drama
:popcorn:

We are about to cancel Netflix :doe:

Not really worth it over free Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime I already pay for.
I don't pay for Netflix, we're on Lisa's brother's subscription. That's OK though, there's not a lot to draw you to them over any of the others, IMO. Their in-house movies usually suck. And I don't know if it's just my old ass Apple TV, but all their stuff has a rating of 4.5-5 stars when you're looking at it, and after you start watching it you realize it's complete shit and cancel back out, it shows the real rating of like 2 stars.

I just stick to Prime. Better content. In-house stuff is really pretty good from movies to series shows. And it's all lumped in with the prime shipping bennies.

What cracks me up, is everyone who touted cutting the cable and saving so much money, when they add up their prime, netflix, hulu, disney, etc subscriptions...... they should have just stuck with cable TV packages. lol.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 am

Not really worth it over free Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime I already pay for.
I don't pay for Netflix, we're on Lisa's brother's subscription. That's OK though, there's not a lot to draw you to them over any of the others, IMO. Their in-house movies usually suck. And I don't know if it's just my old ass Apple TV, but all their stuff has a rating of 4.5-5 stars when you're looking at it, and after you start watching it you realize it's complete shit and cancel back out, it shows the real rating of like 2 stars.

I just stick to Prime. Better content. In-house stuff is really pretty good from movies to series shows. And it's all lumped in with the prime shipping bennies.

What cracks me up, is everyone who touted cutting the cable and saving so much money, when they add up their prime, netflix, hulu, disney, etc subscriptions...... they should have just stuck with cable TV packages. lol.
All :dat:

I like Prime because they offer photo storage, shipping bennies I share with my fiancee and parents, plus decent content. That is the only one I would keep on my own. We get the Hulu with commercials free through :tits: spotify account and it's decent as well. Netflix in house content was good in the early days and now sucks.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

TaoTronic stuff seems to have great reviews on Amazon. Gonna try one of their humidifiers for ~$50
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:03 pm Also dat Netflix show Elite, lot of fine Spanish girls :megusta: and just rich kid drama

I like Netflix. I think their name is big enough to attract higher tier people for shows. Never tried Hulu. I sub to Youtube TV and like it quite a bit, well worth the $49 over paying for cable/satellite. Disney+ better do something great to keep me around, because right now all they have me interested in continuing to watch is The Mandalorian and The World According To Jeff Goldblum. Both are easily downloadable via shady sources doe.
SAWCE

I’m gonna wait for all the episodes of The Mandalorian to be available before I watch. So far I’ve just watched a few Disney movies on Disney+. Buddy signed up for it and gave me his password. I wouldn’t pay for it myself.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I've been considering cancelling Netflix as well. I just don't watch anything on there that I haven't already seen, and the 4k plan is like $16/mo.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:17 pm I've been considering cancelling Netflix as well. I just don't watch anything on there that I haven't already seen, and the 4k plan is like $16/mo.
Yeah, it's not cheap like it used to be :sad:

Disney+ does seem to be kinda limited as well... I mean Disney movies are great and all but it seems like once you watch the few you haven't seen in years, the excitement will wear off and I'll fail to see the value for $7.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:21 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:17 pm I've been considering cancelling Netflix as well. I just don't watch anything on there that I haven't already seen, and the 4k plan is like $16/mo.

Disney+ does seem to be kinda limited as well... I mean Disney movies are great and all but it seems like once you watch the few you haven't seen in years, the excitement will wear off and I'll fail to see the value for $7.
I will probably take advantage of the free D+ from Verizon but only because free.99
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Unless they develop a bunch of stuff on the star wars stories into shows, I agree. Watching some of the early cartoons has been :neat: though, but for how long? I feel like my 1 year sub will not be renewed. If it was $5/month like an add-on channel I might change my mind, but you know prices are going to go up on this, especially with the success they've had getting subscribers.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Urgent email. "We're looking for an excel of" ASTM volume corrections do either of you have it?

Motherfucker. For one, it's a spreadsheet or table, not an excel. Two, act like a real organization and buy a copy of the standard so you can reference it.
SAWCE

Switched my main carb source from white rice to pasta/sauce. Holy fuck it’s so much easier to eat. 2oz of dry pasta is equal to 1 cup of cooked rice, so it’s less volume, and the sauce keeps my chicken much more flavorful.

These meals are supposed to be 1.5 cups of white rice, so I did 2oz of pasta, and then 25g of carbs worth of :sawce:

Fun fact, the main nutrient that tomatoes are eaten for, lycopene, is more bioavailable after the tomatoes have been cooked, so pasta sauce is actually healthy-ish, as long as it doesn’t have too much added crap.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:07 pm Switched my main carb source from white rice to pasta/sauce. Holy fuck it’s so much easier to eat. 2oz of dry pasta is equal to 1 cup of cooked rice, so it’s less volume, and the sauce keeps my chicken much more flavorful.

These meals are supposed to be 1.5 cups of white rice, so I did 2oz of pasta, and then 25g of carbs worth of :sawce:

Fun fact, the main nutrient that tomatoes are eaten for, lycopene, is more bioavailable after the tomatoes have been cooked, so pasta sauce is actually healthy-ish, as long as it doesn’t have too much added crap.
:notbad:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:42 pm Image
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:07 pm Switched my main carb source from white rice to pasta/sauce. Holy fuck it’s so much easier to eat. 2oz of dry pasta is equal to 1 cup of cooked rice, so it’s less volume, and the sauce keeps my chicken much more flavorful.

I had heard this before, but wasn't sure if it was :fakenews: or not.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:21 pm

I had heard this before, but wasn't sure if it was :fakenews: or not.
:fax:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:58 pm Urgent email. "We're looking for an excel of" ASTM volume corrections do either of you have it?

Motherfucker. For one, it's a spreadsheet or table, not an excel. Two, act like a real organization and buy a copy of the standard so you can reference it.
wow
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Kai passed away tonight. Was hoping the pace maker would keep him around a few more years, but I guess that thinning wall in his heart wasn’t up for it.

Michelle has just gotten him and Ava to a park, when he laid down weirdly. Tried getting up when she called for him, but he was unsteady and then laid back down and rolled over. She called me and he was still breathing when I got there, but it was labored. Passed shortly after that before we had a chance to get him in to a vet to see about either helping him or easing his passing. Poor dude. At least we were there with him, hopefully that gave him some sort of comfort.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 pm Kai passed away tonight. Was hoping the pace maker would keep him around a few more years, but I guess that thinning wall in his heart wasn’t up for it.

Michelle has just gotten him and Ava to a park, when he laid down weirdly. Tried getting up when she called for him, but he was unsteady and then laid back down and rolled over. She called me and he was still breathing when I got there, but it was labored. Passed shortly after that before we had a chance to get him in to a vet to see about either helping him or easing his passing. Poor dude. At least we were there with him, hopefully that gave him some sort of comfort.
Sorry to here that bro. I’m sure having you guys with him then was comforting.
wap

Apex wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 pm Kai passed away tonight. Was hoping the pace maker would keep him around a few more years, but I guess that thinning wall in his heart wasn’t up for it.

Sorry to here that bro. I’m sure having you guys with him then was comforting.
:dat:
Sorry dude. :(
wap

[user not found] trolling the Dead Zone lame OT in their weird new format. :megusta:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:11 pm [user not found] trolling the Dead Zone lame OT in their weird new format. :megusta:
ya can't say that without posting a link :wap:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

that blows man sorry to hear
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr