So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I grabbed a cheapo 7 string to be a backup/practice guitar. Needs some work but it'll end up pretty nice for $169. It's crazy to even get a playable brand new instrument for so little.Image
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:03 pm I grabbed a cheapo 7 string to be a backup/practice guitar. Needs some work but it'll end up pretty nice for $169. It's crazy to even get a playable brand new instrument for so little.Image
I was actually browsing guitars the other day... there's tons out there for cheaper than when I was really into it 15 years ago, looks like you can get plenty of halfway decent stuff for under $200.

I bought a new bed for our new house... haven't bought much else but have been eyeing washer/dryers, tool boxes, and a few other boring as hell things.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:17 am What kind of loot did everyone pull in for :mahtroy: Friday this year?

I saw JBL, Sony, Sennheiser, etc had some crazy deals on noise-canceling headphones. Almost picked up a pair but couldn't mentally justify it over my already great earbuds so I just :flaccid: bought replacement earbud foam thingies.
:ohdang:

I'd love a sweet set of headphones but just can never really justify the $$$.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:17 am What kind of loot did everyone pull in for :mahtroy: Friday this year?

I saw JBL, Sony, Sennheiser, etc had some crazy deals on noise-canceling headphones. Almost picked up a pair but couldn't mentally justify it over my already great earbuds so I just :flaccid: bought replacement earbud foam thingies.
:ohdang:

I'd love a sweet set of headphones but just can never really justify the $$$.
Those sennheizer momentums that :waxer: has were around $200. Lots of good noise canceling Sonys at $150 or under. Most were $100-150 off.
Johnny_P

Bought some bike stuff. No :boxodicks: tho.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:26 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 pm

This.

Only thing I wanna buy are some LED bulbs for the WK2 but I’m in full conservation mode so I can throw max funds at the porch projekt.
Fine, I fell victim.

Bought Diode Dynamics SL1s for my low beams and SLFs for the foglights. :wasteful:
:lol: peer pressure!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:49 am
Apex wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:44 am

Surprisingly I didn't get an e-mail from them - checked their site for a discount, saw they had 20% off, and pulled the trigger.

I didn't take advantage of a single e-mail deal I received.
so strong willed!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Surprisingly I didn't get an e-mail from them - checked their site for a discount, saw they had 20% off, and pulled the trigger.

Turns out I saved some money on my waterpump for the :mk6: because of :dill: s being had. 300 list, they do 10% off on the reg, and I bought 10 more bucks off of that :ino:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:notbad:
That should solve what seems to be your only negative on the WK2, I think?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Fine, I fell victim.

Bought Diode Dynamics SL1s for my low beams and SLFs for the foglights. :wasteful:
I love that it took less than 12 hours to get a reversal of position. It makes me feel that I am not alone.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 pm

This.

Only thing I wanna buy are some LED bulbs for the WK2 but I’m in full conservation mode so I can throw max funds at the porch projekt.
Fine, I fell victim.

:lolol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:01 pm Steak last night
Roasted fish packs tonight

:fatty:

Made some more pierogies for Thanksgiving and we brought them to her parents house with us. 60 of them, gone in about 10 minutes, lol. They were so good.

Joined a buy nothing group on facebook and I'm purging all sorts of bullshit. Lots of stuff that's just been collecting dust, gone in 1 day. :impressive:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those foam "thingies" are "something" and not "nothing".

Don't worry, I'm not on Facebook and won't tell on you. I wouldn't want to see all the sissies on FB rage on you for committing such a heinous crime against humanity.

:hue:

:gag:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Ended up buying supplements. 20% off at truenutrition and 15% off at animal.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:01 pm Steak last night
Roasted fish packs tonight

:fatty:

Made some more pierogies for Thanksgiving and we brought them to her parents house with us. 60 of them, gone in about 10 minutes, lol. They were so good.

Joined a buy nothing group on facebook and I'm purging all sorts of bullshit. Lots of stuff that's just been collecting dust, gone in 1 day. :impressive:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those foam "thingies" are "something" and not "nothing".

Don't worry, I'm not on Facebook and won't tell on you. I wouldn't want to see all the sissies on FB rage on you for committing such a heinous crime against humanity.

Hah. I hate fecesbook. BUT, this giving shit away group is an excellent way to purge stuff that would otherwise just go to a landfill. Like, there's no way I'm putting up with crangslist people to sell a cutting board or a brita pitcher. Buy nothing group, someone comes and picks it up and that's that. I off'd a small pile of shit in 1 day which was great.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:44 am

Hah. I hate fecesbook. BUT, this giving shit away group is an excellent way to purge stuff that would otherwise just go to a landfill. Like, there's no way I'm putting up with crangslist people to sell a cutting board or a brita pitcher. Buy nothing group, someone comes and picks it up and that's that. I off'd a small pile of shit in 1 day which was great.
:)

I was just giving you shit.

Any outlet to easily offload stuff is cool by me. I hate CL too, I have a few larger things I should post there to get rid of, but I hate dealing with the scum that troll CL.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I need to look up one of these.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 am

Any outlet to easily offload stuff is cool by me. I hate CL too, I have a few larger things I should post there to get rid of, but I hate dealing with the scum that troll CL.
Yeah exactly. This group is closed, only people that live in my neighborhood are on it, so it's not like someone is going to be a complete ass to you. I dunno. I probably won't "get" anything on it, but I'll keep offloading with it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I love how comfortable my wired ones are so figured I'll try these.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:53 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 am

Yeah exactly. This group is closed, only people that live in my neighborhood are on it, so it's not like someone is going to be a complete ass to you. I dunno. I probably won't "get" anything on it, but I'll keep offloading with it.
There's very little I want to "get" anyway other than tools and a washer and dryer. A free leaf blower would be rad.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:53 am

There's very little I want to "get" anyway other than tools and a washer and dryer. A free leaf blower would be rad.
Yeah, I'm on a tool kick as well as more car detailing stuff. Spent a few hundred on towels yesterday and a couple more on some chemicals... Been looking at buying all kinds of Milwaukee tools, but it's truly :wasteful: since I would be replacing perfectly good Dewalt tools.
Johnny_P

I like my Milwaukee drills. M12. Solid performers.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm I like my Milwaukee drills. M12. Solid performers.
I've got a couple, but debating switching everything over to one system... but then again, I would have M12 and M18, so not really one system.. that's where I keep hitting the pause button.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Yeah, I'm on a tool kick as well as more car detailing stuff. Spent a few hundred on towels yesterday and a couple more on some chemicals... Been looking at buying all kinds of Milwaukee tools, but it's truly :wasteful: since I would be replacing perfectly good Dewalt tools.
I'm waiting until we're in our new :haus: and stuff but I think I'm going to go down the Milwaukee road for power tools. I've been on corded HF shit up to this point, it's time to upgrade in a few categories.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:06 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:42 pm

I'm waiting until we're in our new :haus: and stuff but I think I'm going to go down the Milwaukee road for power tools. I've been on corded HF shit up to this point, it's time to upgrade in a few categories.
I'm really impressed with the Milwaukee ecosystem. If I didn't already have a bunch of DeWalt stuff, I'd probably switch over.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm really impressed with the Milwaukee ecosystem. If I didn't already have a bunch of DeWalt stuff, I'd probably switch over.
Yeah, that's my whole point. Need to kill some DeWalt tools so I can justify the move.