OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Same. Eating at my desk right now. Could use a nap.
A nap sounds great. I may have to make the trip down the hall to the bedroom and lay down for a bit. Rainy weather makes me lazy.
:millennial: nap room. I like it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dubshow wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:55 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:45 pm

A nap sounds great. I may have to make the trip down the hall to the bedroom and lay down for a bit. Rainy weather makes me lazy.
Well, we have those in the office, but I'm at home.

We also have "mother's rooms" for what I assume is nursing/pumping?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:58 pm

They’re for creating mothers :dock:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:11 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Desert is buying a fancy condo there, so I assume he’s been. :lol:
Yeah I may hit him up directly..

I don’t know that I’d want to drive further than Rosarito, but I guess down by Ensenada where he’s getting his condo is where the wineries are, and I’d bring a :tits: so it may be worth it to spend the extra time driving down there for that.
I can walk you through this process so there are no mistakes. Just PM me.

1. Just go here. https://www.hotelcoral.com/. They are offering a ton of deals and we always go here when we go to Ensenada. English speaking staff, nice rooms, great view, centrally located to downtown Ensendada and wine country, they have wine tours. Underground parking for your Jeep. This is the Gringo Zone, and I mean that in all the best ways. Bar does a few insane things like offer Monte Xanic Gran Ricardo (very good wine) at like $1200 Pesos/bottle, which is an insane price. Rooms are a bit dated but beds good, everything you need. From a dining perspective, Ensenada is New Orleans vs. Rosarito being like OKC. Can give you a flawless list of dining options that your chick will be impressed with. At the 19 to 1 Peso to dollar ratio, you can really have nice things for not much.

And the kicker you won't be able to resist.....FULL GYM.....they cater to resident powerboaters at the Marina. Not like Venice Beach but far more extensive than most hotels. Plenty of equipment to get huge with.

The drive to Ensenada is beautiful, the restaurants are amazing, and the Valle de Guadalupe is a fun/romantic place for the woman, you will get the full beej treatment later on.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:03 pm

I don’t know that I’d want to drive further than Rosarito, but I guess down by Ensenada where he’s getting his condo is where the wineries are, and I’d bring a :tits: so it may be worth it to spend the extra time driving down there for that.

1. Just go here. https://www.hotelcoral.com/. They are offering a ton of deals and we always go here when we go to Ensenada. English speaking staff, nice rooms, great view, centrally located to downtown Ensendada and wine country, they have wine tours. Underground parking for your Jeep. This is the Gringo Zone, and I mean that in all the best ways. Bar does a few insane things like offer Monte Xanic Gran Ricardo (very good wine) at like $1200 Pesos/bottle, which is an insane price. Rooms are a bit dated but beds good, everything you need. From a dining perspective, Ensenada is New Orleans vs. Rosarito being like OKC. Can give you a flawless list of dining options that your chick will be impressed with. At the 19 to 1 Peso to dollar ratio, you can really have nice things for not much.

And the kicker you won't be able to resist.....FULL GYM.....they cater to resident powerboaters at the Marina. Not like Venice Beach but far more extensive than most hotels. Plenty of equipment to get huge with.

The drive to Ensenada is beautiful, the restaurants are amazing, and the Valle de Guadalupe is a fun/romantic place for the woman, you will get the full beej treatment later on.
Well, I'm sold (searches flights).
SAWCE

Much appreciated!! Will PM with questions when I decide to book.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:11 pm

Much appreciated!! Will PM with questions when I decide to book.
There is a toll road that makes the extra distance to Ensenada inconsequential.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Dang. Looks like we just missed booking for their winter promo, but I can still get 3 nights in a king suite for under $400 :notbad:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm Dang. Looks like we just missed booking for their winter promo, but I can still get 3 nights in a king suite for under $400 :notbad:
Their promos during winter are CONSTANT. Just get on the list. Some of the suites are unnecessarily huge. If it goes badly with your date, you don't have to go home. Just tape a line down the room.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:26 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 pm Dang. Looks like we just missed booking for their winter promo, but I can still get 3 nights in a king suite for under $400 :notbad:
Their promos during winter are CONSTANT. Just get on the list. Some of the suites are unnecessarily huge. If it goes badly with your date, you don't have to go home. Just tape a line down the room.
:lolol:

Good to know on the suite sizes. I’ll sign up for their promo emails and keep an eye on them. Thanks again mang.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Good to know on the suite sizes. I’ll sign up for their promo emails and keep an eye on them. Thanks again mang.
Any time. There are a number of pro tips that are better to just know, not learn.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

we got a pumping/nursing room about a year back. No nap rooms yet.

Y'all hiring? Need a 7 fig salary and a nap room with warm artisan soy milk on tap. :millennial:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Y'all hiring? Need a 7 fig salary and a nap room with warm artisan soy milk on tap. :millennial:
Hiring for some positions. I'm still trying to get my reqs straightened out. I hire pretty much newbs at $100k, but here that isn't very much with the cost of living.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Hiring for some positions. I'm still trying to get my reqs straightened out. I hire pretty much newbs at $100k, but here that isn't very much with the cost of living.
Need some contracts or procurement support? Experience in purchasing electronic components for PCBs...
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:28 pm

Any time. There are a number of pro tips that are better to just know, not learn.
:word:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I sometimes wish I pursued a tech based career path over a design/construction career. Both tech and design are passions of mine. Not sure where I fit into a big company like yours.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Need some contracts or procurement support? Experience in purchasing electronic components for PCBs...
Don't really know anyone over on that side of things, I focus on SW.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:04 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Don't really know anyone over on that side of things, I focus on SW.
:word:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:20 pm I have zero motivation so far today.
:dat: and work is slow, every client I talk to take way too fucking long to respond, probably gonna watch Netflix on my laptop before I drive to DC for my conference, heck I might even stop by Tysons before I head there.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:49 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:20 pm I have zero motivation so far today.
:dat: and work is slow, every client I talk to take way too fucking long to respond, probably gonna watch Netflix on my laptop before I drive to DC for my conference, heck I might even stop by Tysons before I head there.
DFD is dead too :notsure:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:36 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:49 pm

DFD is dead too :notsure:
:sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also dat Netflix show Elite, lot of fine Spanish girls :megusta: and just rich kid drama
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:03 pm Also dat Netflix show Elite, lot of fine Spanish girls :megusta: and just rich kid drama
:popcorn:

We are about to cancel Netflix :doe:

Not really worth it over free Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime I already pay for.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:08 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:03 pm Also dat Netflix show Elite, lot of fine Spanish girls :megusta: and just rich kid drama
:popcorn:

We are about to cancel Netflix :doe:

Not really worth it over free Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime I already pay for.
:dat: I have the prime and debating on getting disney+, just in time for staying in season and order a nice dominos :drool: and yes I'm still feeling the aftermath of thanksgiving.
SAWCE

Don’t know if it’s the humidity being gone or what, but last few nights I’ve been waking up cause I can’t breathe through my nose. That spot in the back of your mouth where your nasal canal connects to your mouth/throat is completely dried out. I have to get up and go drink water to fix it.

Anyone here sleep with a humidifier?