OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

dubshow wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:47 am I'm shoveling day old non refrigerated pizza in my mouth like it's my fucking job :drunk:
you gonna pay later.
:whathesaid:

Posted from my Moto Z(2) on the Toilet
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:47 am I'm shoveling day old non refrigerated pizza in my mouth like it's my fucking job :drunk:
you gonna pay later.
:poop:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

you gonna pay later.
:doomed:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 pm

you gonna pay later.
Pizza is like the cockroach of foods. Hot, cold, day old - it don't matter.
:dat:
SAWCE

Made a roast last night.. prime rib from Costco, browned each side real quick, then threw it in a Dutch oven with some dark brown sugar, a bottle of red wine, various colors of baby potatoes, two red onions, some chopped up carrots, and a couple of cloves of garlic. :drool:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:17 pm Made a roast last night.. prime rib from Costco, browned each side real quick, then threw it in a Dutch oven with some dark brown sugar, a bottle of red wine, various colors of baby potatoes, two red onions, some chopped up carrots, and a couple of cloves of garlic. :drool:
Sounds great.

Trying to cut back here. On the Vegas/Arizona trip I had way too much sodium. Didn't really gain weight though, just brought my BP up a bit and I have a bit more water retention.

Gambling without drinking alcohol is weird, that much I know.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:17 pm Made a roast last night.. prime rib from Costco, browned each side real quick, then threw it in a Dutch oven with some dark brown sugar, a bottle of red wine, various colors of baby potatoes, two red onions, some chopped up carrots, and a couple of cloves of garlic. :drool:
Sounds great.

Trying to cut back here. On the Vegas/Arizona trip I had way too much sodium. Didn't really gain weight though, just brought my BP up a bit and I have a bit more water retention.

When you’re traveling like that and know you’re going to have a higher sodium intake, try increasing your calcium with it. The two together are supposed to actually lower blood pressure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:36 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:46 pm

Sounds great.

When you’re traveling like that and know you’re going to have a higher sodium intake, try increasing your calcium with it. The two together are supposed to actually lower blood pressure.
Thanks.

:themoreyouknow:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Steak last night
Roasted fish packs tonight

:fatty:

Made some more pierogies for Thanksgiving and we brought them to her parents house with us. 60 of them, gone in about 10 minutes, lol. They were so good.

Joined a buy nothing group on facebook and I'm purging all sorts of bullshit. Lots of stuff that's just been collecting dust, gone in 1 day. :impressive:
Johnny_P

I might beer tonight. Picked up a sixer of Yards Porter.

Anyone have good recommendations on porters / stouts? Best one I've had was Green Man Porter from Asheville, but I can't find it up here. Close second is Bells Porter. Founders Breakfast Stout is also incredible.

Don't want anything too roasty or with a coffee flavor.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:03 pm I might beer tonight. Picked up a sixer of Yards Porter.

Anyone have good recommendations on porters / stouts? Best one I've had was Green Man Porter from Asheville, but I can't find it up here. Close second is Bells Porter. Founders Breakfast Stout is also incredible.

Victory Storm King is my favorite from PA, Southern Tier Warlock is my favorite from NY but it's pretty limited/seasonal and likely gone until next Fall.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:03 pm I might beer tonight. Picked up a sixer of Yards Porter.

Victory Storm King is my favorite from PA, Southern Tier Warlock is my favorite from NY but it's pretty limited/seasonal and likely gone until next Fall.
I have not tried Storm King! Will give it a shot. And yeah Warlock is great but limited releases each year.
wap

Oh man. Sounds :drool:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:00 pm
It was unreal. Pregamed with another bottle of wine, a fresh baguette with a few different salamis and some Brie, and then had mashed potatoes on the side of the roast and veggies and poured the liquid from the roast over the mashed potatoes.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:10 pm
wap wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:00 pm

It was unreal. Pregamed with another bottle of wine, a fresh baguette with a few different salamis and some Brie, and then had mashed potatoes on the side of the roast and veggies and poured the liquid from the roast over the mashed potatoes.
:boner:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

gout flare up :disgust:. :ayfkm:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Sleepy this morning. Took a while to fall asleep last night, and don’t feel that I got into really deep sleep at all. Switched to flannel sheets yesterday, so definitely slept a little more hot last night.
Johnny_P

Got roped into installing a new door kick plate at the shop today.
Wife's mom's birthday party tomorrow.
Networking event / holiday party Thursday and then beers with a friend.
Friday we take a trip to Fallingwater for 2 nights to get away for a bit.

That means Saturday I'll miss a job fair for the naval propeller foundry.

Monday my car is supposed to go to Cavallo's body shop for door repairs and I'd get a rental. But that's all boogered up because my work decided last minute that we should go to Houston week of the 9th. So instead I'll be flying out Monday. Why the hell is this crap always last minute with these guys?

So when the F am I supposed to drop off the car? Friday mid-day and take a fucking bus back home? Parking a rental on the street for a week seems like a retarded idea.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 am Got roped into installing a new door kick plate at the shop today.

Monday my car is supposed to go to Cavallo's body shop for door repairs and I'd get a rental. But that's all boogered up because my work decided last minute that we should go to Houston week of the 9th. So instead I'll be flying out Monday. Why the hell is this crap always last minute with these guys?

So when the F am I supposed to drop off the car? Friday mid-day and take a fucking bus back home? Parking a rental on the street for a week seems like a retarded idea.
Sucks man...

I've been dealing with the poor planning crew here for decades. Everything is "no problem" until two days before it's due, then it's a huge fire. I see it so much I've come to always expect it and plan ahead to deal with it.

If you find someplace where this isn't the norm, consider yourself very lucky.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:55 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 am Got roped into installing a new door kick plate at the shop today.

Sucks man...

I've been dealing with the poor planning crew here for decades. Everything is "no problem" until two days before it's due, then it's a huge fire. I see it so much I've come to always expect it and plan ahead to deal with it.

If you find someplace where this isn't the norm, consider yourself very lucky.
Happened a lot in the refinery. We'd have an equipment failure, and notify a few people that they're on night shift starting TONIGHT, so go home and try to sleep because we need you back in at 6PM. But that's an emergency shutdown oh shit type thing. Planned events were well known like a month or two in advance.

This job... there's literally no reason I can think of as to why it's necessary for me to travel to Houston for a week. None. And it's always last minute, you get notified like Friday and have a week to get your shit in order, you're gone for an entire week every time. And I'd say we get maybe 8 hours of decent meetings in, total, each trip we've taken. Such a massive waste of money and effort.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:01 pm Steak last night
Roasted fish packs tonight

Made some more pierogies for Thanksgiving and we brought them to her parents house with us. 60 of them, gone in about 10 minutes, lol. They were so good.

Joined a buy nothing group on facebook and I'm purging all sorts of bullshit. Lots of stuff that's just been collecting dust, gone in 1 day. :impressive:
:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I have zero motivation so far today.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:20 pm I have zero motivation so far today.
Same. Eating at my desk right now. Could use a nap.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:43 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:20 pm I have zero motivation so far today.
A nap sounds great. I may have to make the trip down the hall to the bedroom and lay down for a bit. Rainy weather makes me lazy.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:43 pm

A nap sounds great. I may have to make the trip down the hall to the bedroom and lay down for a bit. Rainy weather makes me lazy.
Yeah, rainy weather makes me want to stay home from work and cuddle.

Looks like we’re due for some more down here on Wednesday.