It's Not Easy Being (a darker shade of) Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

This should be lots of fun in the snow! Proper tires and rwd!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:49 pm That’s such a good looking car there, Troy! :megusta:
:dat:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

My fear was that it would suck in the dry but it was not bad this afternoon with sunny and 45F weather. It's nowhere near as responsive or grippy as the summers for sure, but I don't have any of the complaints that :wasteful: has about his Xi3's making him nauseous or whatever.

It's more like going from a razor sharp sports car to something like a regular sporty car. M2C vs M240i type thing. Still pretty fun with the marshmallows on it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:04 pm It's lube to seat the beads when it's 20 degrees out and even the snow tires are hard. Mounting tarz can be a PITA when it's warm and total :rage: when it's cold.

I'll clean it up eventually. Maybe. Or :jesus: will do it.
It won't come off on it's own. It's still all over my :ramz: that were put on in September.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:27 pm My fear was that it would suck in the dry but it was not bad this afternoon with sunny and 45F weather. It's nowhere near as responsive or grippy as the summers for sure, but I don't have any of the complaints that :wasteful: has about his Xi3's making him nauseous or whatever.

It's more like going from a razor sharp sports car to something like a regular sporty car. M2C vs M240i type thing. Still pretty fun with the marshmallows on it.
I had Xi3s on the volt and thought they were just fine. Definitely soft, but isn’t that the point?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:27 pm My fear was that it would suck in the dry but it was not bad this afternoon with sunny and 45F weather. It's nowhere near as responsive or grippy as the summers for sure, but I don't have any of the complaints that :wasteful: has about his Xi3's making him nauseous or whatever.

I had Xi3s on the volt and thought they were just fine. Definitely soft, but isn’t that the point?
I have performance winter tars on my car and the handling characteristics are :impressive: , I don't see why someone needs the epic traction of a marshmallow tire if they even remotely know how to drive in shitty traction conditions. My parents put xi3s on her TL and it's a :dislike: from me.
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:
Detroit wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 am I had Xi3s on the volt and thought they were just fine. Definitely soft, but isn’t that the point?
I have performance winter tars on my car and the handling characteristics are :impressive: , I don't see why someone needs the epic traction of a marshmallow tire if they even remotely know how to drive in shitty traction conditions. My parents put xi3s on her TL and it's a :dislike: from me.
:dat:

I probably would have been fine on the Pirelli performance winters but they're old and have mixed reviews. No other options were available here in :jalepenis: 205/50/17 :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 am

Fine for a Volt, but on my STi it completely ruined the car. Driving an STi on Xi3s for close to 6 months out of the year was a total :butwhy: experience, it dramatically neutered the feel on turn-in and the stability mid-corner. I would've been much better off on some PA4s or even some AS3+ all-seasons :doomed:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I had Nokian Hakka flocka flames. No steering feel to be had in 205-65/15 but they tore shit up.
troyguitar

I put the oem mud flaps on the front today, they seem pretty good. Solid feeling and perfect fit. The rears require pulling the wheels off :doe: so I'll do that another day.
ImageImage
troyguitar

When I got the snow tarz, I had the shitty stockers moved to the SSR's. Summer tire storage is sitting out in the back yard, poverty style.

ImageImage
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Should have done the bachelor :ramz: coffee table
Irish

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:24 pm When I got the snow tarz, I had the shitty stockers moved to the SSR's. Summer tire storage is sitting out in the back yard, poverty style.

ImageImage
I was just looking at wheel racks this past weekend and also thinking about building my own..... between my son and I, we now have a three set surplus..... :waxer:
troyguitar

Irish wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:24 pm When I got the snow tarz, I had the shitty stockers moved to the SSR's. Summer tire storage is sitting out in the back yard, poverty style.

ImageImage
I was just looking at wheel racks this past weekend and also thinking about building my own..... between my son and I, we now have a three set surplus..... :waxer:
:notbad:

troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:Should have done the bachelor :ramz: coffee table
That would be a lot of coffee tables. I've done it before but it only realistically fit 2 tires for my table. Image
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:Should have done the bachelor :ramz: coffee table
That would be a lot of coffee tables. I've done it before but it only realistically fit 2 tires for my table. Image
I did coffee + end table with my BBS wheels. Threw some white Christmas lights inside of them for some sexy ambiance. None of the :tits: even noticed.
Irish

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:03 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm That would be a lot of coffee tables. I've done it before but it only realistically fit 2 tires for my table. Image
I did coffee + end table with my BBS wheels. Threw some white Christmas lights inside of them for some sexy ambiance. None of the :tits: even noticed.
Interesting use of the plural ... you mean the left nor the right noticeD or do you have multiple sets in your life, you cassanova you? ....... :hubba:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:08 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Interesting use of the plural ... you mean the left nor the right noticeD or do you have multiple sets in your life, you cassanova you? ....... :hubba:
This is back when I had my own place @21 and thought I was hot shit because I had forged BBS wheels. There was probably 100 different sets of :tits: through that door. 0% noticed the :ramz: and maybe 4% noticed me.
Irish

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:15 pm

This is back when I had my own place @21 and thought I was hot shit because I had forged BBS wheels. There was probably 100 different sets of :tits: through that door. 0% noticed the :ramz: and maybe 4% noticed me.
:nice: :heavybreathing:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:15 pm

:notbad:

I also lived alone with a :225: coffee table in my early 20s... can confirm, the table never got me laid. Now I have perma- :tits: and the days of :225: coffee table are long gone :sad:
troyguitar

All seasons are fine. Image
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It'll melt off by May
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:09 am All seasons are fine. Image
:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

No one else was in Aldi but they were at least open. Did not die or have to get rescued by a fucking truck. :wrong:ImageImageImage
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Aldi is great when times are tough. Scrap metal is only $.25. you need a :truk: to really take advantage of that though.